Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Default Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Adam Schefter reported on Twitter that the Broncos waived Kyle Orton: Twitter

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs picking him up and seeing if he can save the season. Doubt that would be the case, but Kyle Orton is capable of being a mediocre NFL QB.

No Play, No Pay.....

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Looks like Kyle doesn't want to wear an Indian head dress. He wants to be cloaked in Bearskin.

Source:
    I guess that's the end of this discussion ...
    Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    No Play, No Pay.....
    I guess I was wrong, LOL.

He said he would sit out if he couldn't play for the Bears, but was that just a ploy to try to get his first choice? We will find out soon enough (but I want to know, NOW!)

He has 2.6 million reasons not to sit out!

I like the acquisition, this team will at least be competitive with an outside chance at still winning the division. It's not likely, but better than throwing the season away.

I could understand him having a first choice to go somewhere, but he has to understand that the Bears are going to be giving Caleb Haney the shot. He has a real, actual chance at starting in KC, and (dare I say it) even starting ahead of Cassell next season.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I could understand him having a first choice to go somewhere, but he has to understand that the Bears are going to be giving Caleb Haney the shot. He has a real, actual chance at starting in KC, and (dare I say it) even starting ahead of Cassell next season.
    Oh, I think if the Bears would have been awarded Orton, he would have been starting over Hanie.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    Oh, I think if the Bears would have been awarded Orton, he would have been starting over Hanie.
    He wouldn't have started over Hanie unless Caleb just flat out sucked. Hanie has been working under Martz for 3 years and Orton has never played in that system.

I think Hanie will be OK though because the changes the Bears have made over their 5 game win streak will help him avoid mistakes.

Kyle will be starting in KC, though if he doesn't sit out. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    He wouldn't have started over Hanie unless Caleb just flat out sucked. Hanie has been working under Martz for 3 years and Orton has never played in that system.

I think Hanie will be OK though because the changes the Bears have made over their 5 game win streak will help him avoid mistakes.

Kyle will be starting in KC, though if he doesn't sit out. That's for sure.
    I don't see Orton Sitting out. This is basically his last chance to audition for a starters contract. He was basically demoted to play linebacker on the practice squad at Denver. Sitting out will only add to his decline showing he is not a team player.

Signing Orton was well worth my entertainment today. Actually thought about renewing for a while today!

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Also, would it hurt to have a cheap competitor to spur Cassel to play good more often. There are times, and everyone knows I like Cassel, he seems to get in a rut and needs a fire under his butt.
    In regard to the other thread, I posit this comment for evidence of my innate fairness and balanced commentary.

Thanks you Denver and Thank you Tebow!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast