Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Defend Haley now

Default Defend Haley now

I don't want to hear the injury BS. That's just an excuse. Injuries do keep you from winning they DON'T KEEP YOU FROM COMPETING. Just look at Houston. How many qbs have they been through. Are they getting blown out over and over like this team? THIS TEAM IS NOT COMPETEING.

Haley Keeps throw a QB that has PROVEN he can't do anything out there. Haley is not DOING HIS JOB putting this team in the best spot to win. HALEY NEEDS TO GO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Every aspect of this game was awful (except the punter. wonderful). Open with a 80 yard drive that ends in a bootleg jog into the endzone. Did I see 4 yards in the first half? 68 yard of offense and 81 yards in penaltys in 3 quarters. Took till the 4th quarter to figure out that the jets were throwing screen passes on the biltz. Total meltdown in every aspect. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Every aspect of this game was awful (except the punter. wonderful). Open with a 80 yard drive that ends in a bootleg jog into the endzone. Did I see 4 yards in the first half? 68 yard of offense and 81 yards in penaltys in 3 quarters. Took till the 4th quarter to figure out that the jets were throwing screen passes on the biltz. Total meltdown in every aspect. Just awful.
    And it's not just this week Buffalo (when we had charles) Detroit, Miami, New England.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't want to hear the injury BS. That's just an excuse. Injuries do keep you from winning they DON'T KEEP YOU FROM COMPETING. Just look at Houston. How many qbs have they been through. Are they getting blown out over and over like this team? THIS TEAM IS NOT COMPETEING.

Haley Keeps throw a QB that has PROVEN he can't do anything out there. Haley is not DOING HIS JOB putting this team in the best spot to win. HALEY NEEDS TO GO.
    I agree 100%. Haley got to go! I can't even imagine anyone defending him. Every team has injuries every year.
    Haley as coach knows this as well as any other coach. Every team has the same opportunity to have a good team with depth! There is no excuse that fits this mess other then no leadership!

I'd still keep Haley.

Next week, I'll say the same thing.

Yes, it's injuries.

You don't want to hear it?

Too bad. They are still the primary reason.

Are those players back to playing yet?

Well then, it is just as applicable as it was before this week.

So some other team happened to make good with their back-ups.

That is the exception, not the rule. The rule is that you struggle when your starters are gone.

And when your offense was designed for one style of offense (running game) and you realize, in-season, that your running game was all because of the skill of one player, who is lost for the season, then you have a weak offense, and running with backups will make them look terrible.

I told you then, and, because you insist upon continuing to ask, I will tell you again....

I see the rest of this season as a learning experience.

That is not going to change because we lose, even if we lose badly.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'd still keep Haley.

Yes, it's injuries.

That is the exception, not the rule. The rule is that you struggle when your starters are gone.

And when your offense was designed for one style of offense (running game) and you realize, in-season, that your running game was all because of the skill of one player, who is lost for the season, then you have a weak offense, and running with backups will make them look terrible.

I told you then, and, because you insist upon continuing to ask, I will tell you again....

I could even accept that.
    But Haley keeps running the worst qb in the league out the instead of getting Stanzi some reps.

The Packers won it all last year with tons of injuries.
    If we had the same 5-8 record but had at least been in most our games, I would be ok with that, with all the injuries. But we have been blown out 5 times.

Theres not a coach in the NFL who would be safe with that outside of Bill Belicheck.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'd still keep Haley.

Yes, it's injuries.

Look at the Texans...Decimated at quarterback (starting a rookie). Missing their top receiver in Andre Johnson...AFC South Champs.

Green Bay last year? I think something like 12 guys on IR. Super Bowl Champs.

If you can't even be remotely competitive (like today), are outplayed in every facet, and take stupid penalties (I've never seen another coach get a personal foul)...well something needs to be done. I don't know that firing Haley is necessarily the answer, but this team is awful.

Haley is an offensive mind...6 straight weeks they've failed to put up more than 10 points. That has to point directly to the coach. There are some horrible offenses in the NFL relying on backup quarterbacks right now...I don't see any other team struggling to put up points like the Chiefs have.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-11-2011 at 04:59 PM.

There's no point in arguing this... the guy is gone... if not this upcoming week, then after the season. The problem that I see with firing Haley, is that he's better, IMO, than the guy who's rumored to replace him.

The fact that we made the playoffs last year and were decimated by injuries this year should buy Haley another year in my mind but I'm not sure he'll get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I could even accept that.
    But Haley keeps running the worst qb in the league out the instead of getting Stanzi some reps.

The Packers won it all last year with tons of injuries.
    If we had the same 5-8 record but had at least been in most our games, I would be ok with that, with all the injuries. But we have been blown out 5 times.

Theres not a coach in the NFL who would be safe with that outside of Bill Belicheck.
    That's what happens when you get into a season expecting a certain kind of offense, and discovering you have nothing of the sort, and are relying on far lesser backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Look at the Texans...Decimated at quarterback (starting a rookie). Missing their top receiver in Andre Johnson...AFC South Champs.
    As I said in the statement you quoted...

That is the exception, not the rule.

And we are at the far opposite end because we were expecting a strong running game (mistake) and discovered that that was not the case.

The offense is in a full-on, short-term, mid-season "rebuild", and then they got a surprise by having a loss of QB in the process.

Being surprised by a bad offense, with all of those circumstances, suggests a disconnect from reality.

And, when your defense has a bad game, to go along with that kind of offense, a blow-out is the probable result.

So many of us seem to be surprised by the obvious.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast