Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Default Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Adam Schefter reported on Twitter that the Broncos waived Kyle Orton: Twitter

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs picking him up and seeing if he can save the season. Doubt that would be the case, but Kyle Orton is capable of being a mediocre NFL QB.

Orton will be a FA at the end of the season and we do have the cash to take over his contract, what if he sucks? Well we gave it a shot but, what if he does well under Haley? He has put up some impressive numbers in the past. He cant help us with the Steelers but he could be effective against the Bears, Jets, Denver and the Raiders. The Packers are a whole other story. Just sayin "What If?"

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers. This will not be pretty no matter who we have at QB.
    pray with me
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Also, according to Profootballtalk.com :

UPDATE 10:35 p.m. ET: As a reader pointed out on Twitter, claiming Orton has another benefit. When he leaves as a free agent in March 2012, the team that employs him for six weeks would be in line for a compensatory draft pick. So there’s one more good reason to consider doing it.
    So even if Orton was claimed by the Chiefs for the remainder of this season but not necessarily in the long term plans, we could potentially get a decent compensation pick if he left via free agency and became a starter for another team. Next year figures to be pretty weak when it comes to the free agent quarterback class, so Orton could be in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    Also, according to Profootballtalk.com :

So even if Orton was claimed by the Chiefs for the remainder of this season but not necessarily in the long term plans, we could potentially get a decent compensation pick if he left via free agency and became a starter for another team. Next year figures to be pretty weak when it comes to the free agent quarterback class, so Orton could be in demand.

Oh nice, Thanks for the intel on that one!

forget it. Haley's not interested

As for the Chiefs, coach Todd Haley said the team has discussed bringing in a veteran but remains committed to Tyler Palko as the starter and rookie Ricky Stanzi as the No. 2 now that Matt Cassel is out for the season with a hand injury. Kansas City (4-6) is ninth in the waiver order.
    NFL
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I'm really startin not to like this guy.....

I'm really startin not to like this guy.....
    Who? Orton, Glazer, or me?! LOL

Oh nice, Thanks for the intel on that one!
    I sense some sarcasm...just thought I would share that comment I read in PFT...I fully admit it isn't earth-shattering or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    Who? Orton, Glazer, or me?! LOL

Sorry, Haley!

I hope Haley's wife makes him eat outside with the dogs tomorrow