Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe?

Default I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe?

Dwayne Bowe's contract ends this season. As of yet there has been no news whatsoever that he and the Chiefs are negotiating a new contract. Do you think the Chiefs will do what they can to keep Bowe? :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I believe this to be true. I think they will wait and see what he wants, if he wants to be the top paid wide recciever in the league, then they will franchise him. If they can work out a deal that is good for both teams, they will resign him.

Remember, Tamba and Johnson were resigned very late in the season, I think this is clearly a ploy to wait and see what kind of numbers Bowe puts up, knowing that he likely will not have league leading numbers and the cost goes down.

Exactly, his performance or lack thereof will act as a bargaining chip for one side or the other.

There is no way they will let him walk. Worst case, he is traded. I hope he stays..
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I don't think they'll franchise him. If they do, they have to pay the average of the 3 top position players. That means a HUGE salary and that has NEVER, EVER been Hunt or Pioli's way. It was worth it for a defensive player because the salary is relatively low. It would easily be $8-12 million a year for Bowe. That absolutely, positively will NEVER, EVER happen because they have NEVER, EVER done it before. But I can appreciate the dream like everyone else.
    I honestly can only hope that you're kidding. Six years for 63 million isn't a HUGE salary? I'm sorry and I'm not trying to start anything but you've told me to deal with us paying Cassel eleven million a year and pointed out several times that we're thirty million under the cap space so paying Cassel that much is a whatever deal. But now paying a guy that's worth eight to twelve million a year isn't worth it?

Power Rankings: Top 10 NFL receivers - NFC West Blog - ESPN

It says that Bowe is seventh in this list and this is something I found in just thirty seconds of searching. Why in the world would you not pay someone that is close to being a top three receiver anyway? If we don't keep Bowe I'm going to be upset especially if it's because we don't want to pay him the money he should be getting. To top that all off especially when we're that far under the cap and over paying other people on the team too.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

If bowe wants top 3 money they wont pay him. And not if they think baldwin will pan out.
    He wont get much more than breaston got paid.
    Drops to many balls.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Dwayne Bowe's contract ends this season. As of yet there has been no news whatsoever that he and the Chiefs are negotiating a new contract. Do you think the Chiefs will do what they can to keep Bowe? :/

If they're smart, they'll keep him

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    If bowe wants top 3 money they wont pay him. And not if they think baldwin will pan out.
    He wont get much more than breaston got paid.
    Drops to many balls.
    Actually, Ryfo posted a comparison of dropped balls to a list of about 10 receivers that are "up there" in the best talent in the NFL. Bowe had just as many drops this year as Fitzgerald, Boldin and several others. If you seriously think he'll take Breaston money you're out of your gourd.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Actually, Ryfo posted a comparison of dropped balls to a list of about 10 receivers that are "up there" in the best talent in the NFL. Bowe had just as many drops this year as Fitzgerald, Boldin and several others. If you seriously think he'll take Breaston money you're out of your gourd.
    It's a simple concept...receivers that get a lot of balls thrown their way always lead the league in drops. Everyone thinks Bowe has a drop "problem", probably because they just don't see or notice when other top receivers drop the same routine passes. It's part of the game unfortunately, but saying he has a problem with drops is inaccurate.

Good Thread. One additional comment. Everyone notes a history of our GM not to over pay for a wide receiver. I just want to point out, Bowe is in a different situation that anything he ever saw in New England. He was always able to rely on Tom Brady to put the ball where it needed to be for any receiver. Here, we are relying on Bowe to find a way to catch passes, even when they aren't perfect. Bowe is more important here than any receiver was for Pioli in NE. They will do everything in their power to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I honestly can only hope that you're kidding. Six years for 63 million isn't a HUGE salary? I'm sorry and I'm not trying to start anything but you've told me to deal with us paying Cassel eleven million a year and pointed out several times that we're thirty million under the cap space so paying Cassel that much is a whatever deal. But now paying a guy that's worth eight to twelve million a year isn't worth it?

Power Rankings: Top 10 NFL receivers - NFC West Blog - ESPN

It says that Bowe is seventh in this list and this is something I found in just thirty seconds of searching. Why in the world would you not pay someone that is close to being a top three receiver anyway? If we don't keep Bowe I'm going to be upset especially if it's because we don't want to pay him the money he should be getting. To top that all off especially when we're that far under the cap and over paying other people on the team too.
    We are speaking of franchising for resigning and that has never, ever been done for high $. Jared Allen and Tony Gonzales come to mind. In Jared Allens case, while they did franchise him to a large salary, it was only to have the option to trade him and they did before 1¢ was paid on the $8.8 million. So no, they have never, ever resigned a free agent at a huge salary and kept them. If the franchise tag is used on Bowe, you can guarantee he will be traded and not around next year.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    We are speaking of franchising for resigning and that has never, ever been done for high $. Jared Allen and Tony Gonzales come to mind. In Jared Allens case, while they did franchise him to a large salary, it was only to have the option to trade him and they did before 1¢ was paid on the $8.8 million. So no, they have never, ever resigned a free agent at a huge salary and kept them. If the franchise tag is used on Bowe, you can guarantee he will be traded and not around next year.
    That's just silly. Franchised players gets re signed all the time. Even with the Chiefs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast