Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jared Gaither

Default Jared Gaither

I have seen some comments talking about the need for a legitimate right tackle in the 2012 draft. While it is pretty obvious that Barry Richardson is not the answer (atleast to most of us fans), I can't help but wonder why Jared Gaither hasn't gotten time on the field at the position...and has largely been relegated to a jumbo tight end position.

Maybe they are trying to bring him along slowly because of his back.

But the bottom line IMO, if he is healthy, he could instantly upgrade right tackle and relegate Richardson as a swing-tackle for depth. As it stands, he is going to be a free agent this upcoming offseason, and if he is healthy now and not getting the playing time, may not want to return. Richardson is also a free agent, and while I see his value as a swing-tackle, I don't like the idea of having him start for another season of "development under fire".

Does anyone know why Gaither isn't getting any time replacing Richardson? If we kept Gaither long term that could give us more wiggle room in the draft to focus on other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    I have seen some comments talking about the need for a legitimate right tackle in the 2012 draft. While it is pretty obvious that Barry Richardson is not the answer (atleast to most of us fans), I can't help but wonder why Jared Gaither hasn't gotten time on the field at the position...and has largely been relegated to a jumbo tight end position.

Maybe they are trying to bring him along slowly because of his back.

But the bottom line IMO, if he is healthy, he could instantly upgrade right tackle and relegate Richardson as a swing-tackle for depth. As it stands, he is going to be a free agent this upcoming offseason, and if he is healthy now and not getting the playing time, may not want to return. Richardson is also a free agent, and while I see his value as a swing-tackle, I don't like the idea of having him start for another season of "development under fire".

Does anyone know why Gaither isn't getting any time replacing Richardson? If we kept Gaither long term that could give us more wiggle room in the draft to focus on other areas.
    I started a thread on this same topic about a week ago, and no one really had the answer. He gets in on jumbo, goal line, and special teams packages, but I'm not sure why he isn't playing.

I think they need to get him out there now that our season is shot and see what he can do, because I Completely agree that if he can become what he was, I would love to keep him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I started a thread on this same topic about a week ago, and no one really had the answer. He gets in on jumbo, goal line, and special teams packages, but I'm not sure why he isn't playing.

I think they need to get him out there now that our season is shot and see what he can do, because I Completely agree that if he can become what he was, I would love to keep him around.
    I definitely agree. IF he is currently healthy, it really confuses me why he isn't replacing Richardson...who is proving that he isn't starting material...valuable depth as a swing-tackle, yes...but not someone you want starting for an extended period of time.

Again, considering the amount of money we have stockpiled under the cap when Gaither was signed and now...I don't understand why we wouldn't sign him to a two year contract (unless he only wanted a one year deal) with the signing bonus paid out in year one...so if he needs a year of rehab and you really don't get much use out of him, you have a year of him being healthy in the second year. If he still has problems then you cut him. But as it stands, we seem to be taking a chance that we paid him and kept him on the active roster while he rehabs and then he gets healthy and we lose him.

Did you saw Hudson playing guard? way much better than Liljia. Maybe we don't have to get help in the draft to improve our O-line.
    Gaither-Mims-Hudson are good enough to get an opportunity. I don't know if Maneri is a good player. I know Richardson is not.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    Did you saw Hudson playing guard? way much better than Liljia. Maybe we don't have to get help in the draft to improve our O-line.
    Gaither-Mims-Hudson are good enough to get an opportunity. I don't know if Maneri is a good player. I know Richardson is not.
    We need help at O line!! No doubt about it. Even if those guys pan out, we need depth badly.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We need help at O line!! No doubt about it. Even if those guys pan out, we need depth badly.
    You aren't kidding!! We have almost non-existent depth outside of Hudson and Gaither (who should be starting).

Mims is probably realistically another good offseason before he is ready to compete at the NFL level. I would like to see us re-sign Gaither as our right tackle, re-sign Barry Richardson as our swing-tackle, draft a left guard OTF (ex. Senio Kelemete from Washington) and signing a free agent swing-guard/center to provide depth behind Hudson and either guard.

Has Asamoah been playing good?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Has Asamoah been playing good?
    The left side plays better than the right, our problems there are that sometimes we can't pickup blitzes, mainly because Pope, DMC and Battle aren't good enough providing blitz protection. Jones and McClain are fine. Running block is very good, even Richardson can make blocks.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    You aren't kidding!! We have almost non-existent depth outside of Hudson and Gaither (who should be starting).

Mims is probably realistically another good offseason before he is ready to compete at the NFL level. I would like to see us re-sign Gaither as our right tackle, re-sign Barry Richardson as our swing-tackle, draft a left guard OTF (ex. Senio Kelemete from Washington) and signing a free agent swing-guard/center to provide depth behind Hudson and either guard.
    Gotta get rid of Barry Richardson. They would be better off with Haley playing T than him. That guy is as useless as t!ts on a bull!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    even Richardson can make blocks.
    I think I just got light-headed at that notion....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast