Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Claim Orton

Default Chiefs Claim Orton

seen on espn

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Yes, there is. I don't know if he will play for the Chiefs or not, but $2.6 million is a pretty big incentive.

The Bears just signed Josh McCown, after the Chiefs screwed them out of Orton. :(
    Can you post the link or source?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Can you post the link or source?
    I already did, but there are, like, 5 threads on the same topic, now and I can't remember which thread I posted it in!

I'll see if I can find it.

Okay, I just searched my previous posts. Here's the link:
    Jay glazer hears kc could make a claim for orton - Page 3 - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

If anyone comes across a link for a Kyle Orton or Haley/Pioli press conference, please post it as soon as possible.

Well we will see what happens.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Pioli and Haley must be thinking they still have a shot to win this division or I don't see why they would have done this....

To be honest, that is the only reason for doing this... There is no sense in bringing him in and on our books for a shot season, so hopefully they are seeing more than what I have been. I was actually looking forward to seeing what Plako and Stanzi could do with some opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Pioli and Haley must be thinking they still have a shot to win this division or I don't see why they would have done this....

To be honest, that is the only reason for doing this... There is no sense in bringing him in and on our books for a shot season, so hopefully they are seeing more than what I have been. I was actually looking forward to seeing what Plako and Stanzi could do with some opportunity.
    If Stanzi isn't the QB, I'd rather see Orton.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

There is no chance of winning the division. Orton will not start against the Steelers, unless you want him to look like Palmer did against us. Taking that into account, the Chiefs will be 4-7 and out of it. All Orton will do is make the Chiefs slightly more competitive game to game. He's still no better than Cassel so it won't add up to wins.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    There is no chance of winning the division. Orton will not start against the Steelers, unless you want him to look like Palmer did against us. Taking that into account, the Chiefs will be 4-7 and out of it. All Orton will do is make the Chiefs slightly more competitive game to game. He's still no better than Cassel so it won't add up to wins.
    That is why I am confused as to why they did this.. Technically there actually is a chance for us to win the division (do I think we will..No, but there is still a possibility of it happening)

I just don't see any other reason to do this, rather than if they have the idea that they feel we can still compete for a division title in our weak division.

If they were doing it to add experienced depth at the QB position, we could have waited until he cleared waivers and not be on the hook for his salary, or got someone else of the FA market.

If they were doing it to add experienced depth at the QB position, we could have waited until he cleared waivers and not be on the hook for his salary, or got someone else of the FA market.
    Except that we couldn't have waited because Dallas and Chicago also put in claims for him. The Cowboys, who are battling the Bears for a wildcard spot just wanted to keep him out of Chicago.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast