Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Claim Orton

Default Chiefs Claim Orton

seen on espn

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Honestly, while Orton may not be the QB of the future, I actually think he is an upgrade over Cassel.
    like to see them two go at it in camp next year.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    It could be if palko gets hurt is Stanzi ready? Maybe not yet, so now we have Orton, just thinkin....I think we are better off now with Orton than with out.
    Good points.....

I still wish kinda wish we had left Orton alone and spent the rest of the season seeing what Palko and Stanzi could do.

That said.....If we are bringing Orton in to pressure Cassel next year, I am good with that. If we brought Orton in to try to save this season.....then that was just plain stupid. We'd have been better off spending the $2.5 Mil buying beer for Chiefs fans.

I've supported Haley, Pioli, Cassel.....but this move on Orton is starting to make me think we have a team and management in complete disarray with no clue where they want to go or how to get there.

But I will hold my fire on that notion until I see what we do with Orton. If he is a strategic move trying to improve our QB spot long term, then I am good with that. If he is an attempt to save this season then somebody in management needs to stop smoking crack.

All in all, I am NOT feeling good about this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Honestly, while Orton may not be the QB of the future, I actually think he is an upgrade over Cassel.

Cassel, Palko, Stanzi, Orton...Don't care who you throw in behind center...Until changes are made to offensive line, keep the stretchers, nose salt & medical tractor closeby.

Goofy front office move. Orton will play well, but enough to make a 4-6 team 10-6? Don't see that one happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Cassel, Palko, Stanzi, Orton...Don't care who you throw in behind center...Until changes are made to offensive line, keep the stretchers, nose salt & medical tractor close by.
    T H I S

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Goofy front office move. Orton will play well, but enough to make a 4-6 team 10-6? Don't see that one happening.
    I wouldn't call it goofy as long as Orton was brought in to get a serious run at being the starter, even when Cassell gets healthy. I like Orton's arm better than Matt's, and with our receiving corps, that could do some great things.

I see nothing to lose from this pickup.

I was kind of surprised that Orton wanted to go to Chicago. They treated him pretty poorly. But I guess he was looking for a familiar team, and maybe just liked the actual city of Chicago.

And the pass protection there is at least as bad as in KC.

Well I for one am suprised that Pioli and Haley made this move. But I am glad they did, to me it shows they are not ready to give up yet. I like that. Remember folks, this is NFL Football, who knows what will happen On Any Given Sunday! Go Chiefs!!!!

I like it. He's won games as a starter. I hope to see him in there next week. Don't think it would be great to see him this week.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Interesting move. I didn't expect this to happen even though people said it might.

Wow! Just wow!

...That is all.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast