Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Claim Orton

Default Chiefs Claim Orton

seen on espn

I am actually a bit excited to see what he can do. I can't understand getting him if there isn't some sort of long term thinking. $2.5 mil for 6 games? It doesn't seem like a good plan unless he suddenly takes us 5-0.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    In an honest assessment of us winning the division we would pretty much need a win on Sunday against the Steelers. Palko would have to be the one to lead that, and IF he can beat the Steelers why do we need Kyle?
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see Kyle play this week, especially if Palko struggles, just like the Raiders did with Palmer. (I hate doing anything like the Raiders!) We're not going to pay him that kind of money to ride the bench as insurance.

I think he will actually make the Chiefs less competitive for 2 games (if that's even possible) but more competitive after that when he has worked with the offense for a few weeks. He should know our offense pretty well already since he sees it twice a year. I don't know if he will make us competitive enough to actually win, but we should be better.

fact of the matter is, it wont hurt us to claim him, we will get a compensation pick for him if he does not resign. = win/win

the donks are saying we got sloppy seconds
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

It would now seem certain that some of the 4 QBs on our roster at the moment will be gone next year.

So who goes?

Stanzi? Palko? Cassel? Orton?

A Orton vs. Cassel QB controversy next year might be interesting.

Of course, Orton supposedly did not want to come to KC, but I think that would change quickly if he thought he was going to be able to actually compete with Cassel for the starting slot.

How's this for a scenario.....

Orton plays reasonably well this season. We resign him with a promise that he starts 2012 on equal footing with Cassel. Then we deal Stanzi and Palko (if we can get anything for him) for draft picks or to move up in the draft......

Just a thought......

It could be if palko gets hurt is Stanzi ready? Maybe not yet, so now we have Orton, just thinkin....I think we are better off now with Orton than with out.

I agree somewhere hidden in Haleys rhetoric that he is not completely comfortable with his back up qb situation.

I know the Chiefs say they scan the waiver wire all the time but given they very rarely, if ever, have made a short term decision I'm still lost on what this really means.

I think they want to groom Stanzi for someday down the road, I still am not convinced Cassel can be THE guy no matter how much I wish he could be.

We were in a postion to really evaluate our younger qb's and make a decision on where we stood at seasons end about drafting a true QBOTF.

If we truely are doing this to make the post season I think they are relying on the rest of the division to give us some help along the way.

Made things interesting as said before though.

Go Chiefs?

Honestly, while Orton may not be the QB of the future, I actually think he is an upgrade over Cassel.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Did he actually agree to come play for us now?

I have not read anything that says he won't, I guess he retires if he does not want to play with us eh?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast