Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley issued the folowing statement on the addition of Orton

Default Todd Haley issued the folowing statement on the addition of Orton

"We have consistently communicated that we are always looking to create competition and depth within our team. We feel adding Kyle to our roster reinforces that goal and we look forward to having him as a member of the Chiefs."

Cool. I'm still waiting to hear a statement from Kyle ...

I'm thinking this is Haley's approach in fixing our QB situation with or without Cassel. Can't go wrong with having them compete for the QB position!

I still haven'r heard anything from Orton and he skipped practice today (Thursday) but Haley thinks he will play.

From the Kansas City Star:
    Orton didn’t arrive in Kansas City in time to practice with his teammates Thursday. Haley, who said he had spoken with Orton over the phone, indicated Orton would join the Chiefs today.
    “He had a couple of personal things he had to attend to,” Haley said.

I think he is professional enough that he will put his personal feelings aside and give 100%.

Just read this on ESPN.com......

"New Kansas City quarterback Kyle Orton will join the team Friday. He was claimed off waivers from Denver on Wednesday. As expected, Tyler Palko will start Sunday against Pittsburgh. Orton is expected to start Dec. 4 at Chicago."
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I still haven'r heard anything from Orton and he skipped practice today (Thursday) but Haley thinks he will play.

From the Kansas City Star:

I think he is professional enough that he will put his personal feelings aside and give 100%.
    He probably spent Thanksgiving with family.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    He probably spent Thanksgiving with family.
    Yeah, not really mad at a guy for spending time with the family on a holiday when he was just traded the day before. I think it's best he not even attempt to be put in this week. Not enough time to get him up to speed on more than a handful of plays which to me would be just as bad as Palko with all the plays available to him.

Overall I'm happy with the addition of Orton. We'll get a conditional pick if he leaves and if not there's competition. Is he long term? Since Cassel and Orton are the same age we'll get to find out next year!

Seems to me a case of damning with faint praise. It seems pretty clear to me Hailey wasn't on board this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Overall I'm happy with the addition of Orton. We'll get a conditional pick if he leaves and if not there's competition. Is he long term? Since Cassel and Orton are the same age we'll get to find out next year!
    Yeah, I think he will do a good job for us. He is certainly good enough for us to beat Oakland and Denver, as long as everyone else steps up. I'm not sure about any of the other games, though. The Jets have struggled lately and the Chicago game will at least have an interresting story line, as will the Broncos game.

Hr's still a free agent at the end of the year, so if he doesn't outperform Cassell, I don't know if the Chiefs will want to pay him enough to keep two starting Caliber QBs on the roster. If he does much better than Cassel, the Chiefs may cut Matt and get from under his $10 million a year salary.which will mean even more money to resign Bowe and get some other big name free agents. They have the cap space to keep both and may do that for one year.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Orton is better than both qb's we currently have in our roster. This was a no-brainer in my mind. Also, I have a hard time believing that Haley wasn't in favor of this. Without Orton, the chiefs were likely to lose all of their remaining games which could hbe threatened Haley's job security. With Orton the Chiefs have a chance at a 6-7 win total for the season which should keep Haley safe considering the injuries they have endured.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast