Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Not impressed with new regime.

Default Not impressed with new regime.

In the third year of the Pioli/Haley era, one would think KC would be maybe 3/4 of the way to building a championship team, and getting to the playoffs last year gave me a lot of hope. But now this team is going in the wrong direction.
    Many on here will blame injuries. I disagree. Good teams overcome injuries. Good teams draft depth. Both our offensive and defensive lines are horrible. Just flat out bad. There is no excuse for this. None.
    I posted 3 years ago that this team needed to build from inside out - build the lines first. I got shot down.
    So who is accountable for this mess? Clark? Pioli? Haley?
    With over 30 million in cap room, why couldn't we make some strides on getting our lines fixed?
    WHY?
    Why are we still trying to squeeze 4/3 players into a 3/4 defense?
    WHY?
    I'm not sure who is making the decisions on this team regarding player personnel, coaches, and philosophy, but whoever it is - is failing. Time to re-evaluate.
    SHUT IT

What's interesting is everyone's opinion on exactly where they think the source of the main issues are with this team's progression/direction and they are all over the board. Pretty much every conceivable reason has been said. And the sad thing is they all make sense. I sure as Hell wouldn't wanna be in charge of sorting this mess out this offseason....

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    after last years 10-6 year,against sub-500 teams people should have known we wernt ready just yet to play with the big boys.
    But playing packers,pats,ect will make you better then playing sub-500 teams. We just dont have the players yet.
    Yeah, this year seemed impossible when they released this years schedule. Maybe it's a good thing to play a lengthly string of playoff contenders to really expose our problems. This season is done so let's put some blatent light on our strengths and weaknesses and address them in the offseason. This might not be a bad thing to happen for good change for next year. Excellent point in playing contenders to make you better. Trying to find some positives from this and you made a good post.
    Gonna be a cold one at Arrowhead tonight....I just hope for a win this game. Don't EVEN wanna hear it from all the bandwagon Steelers fans tomorrow...lol
    Last edited by KCraised; 11-27-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Don't you blame Lamar Hunt for bringing the team to KC, giving birth to Clark and then getting old and dying, too?
    Nope. Don't recall mentioning Lamar. But thanks for the condescending reply just the same.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    And this is more or less what I am saying, with the caveat being we'd better see some improvement this year. I will say, again for the 4th time this week, I am not saying either Pioli or Haley should be fired, but I would like Hunt or someone high up in management say, "While injuries have caused us to lose some key pats of our offense and defense, we believe this team is under performing and expect our GM and head coach will be working diligently to get us back on the winning path." That statement would say that we are unhappy with the team play while acknowledging the injuries and let Pioli/Haley know that there ARE expectations and it's time for excuses to go and real progress to begin.
    GOOD POST!!!!!

I think it's the inconsistancy at OC. Good teams have that. we so far don't

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I think it's the inconsistancy at OC. Good teams have that. we so far don't
    Why do you think we have this inconsistancy? Could it have anything to do with the head coach?
    SHUT IT

Yep. guess he can't get along with anybody. Starts there, and I'm about done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Yep. guess he can't get along with anybody. Starts there, and I'm about done with it.
    I'm with ya.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Why do you think we have this inconsistancy? Could it have anything to do with the head coach?
    Good point. I have thought that for the last three years. I like Haley but he needs to let the OC do his job and concentrate on being the HC.

He hasn't done much more than Herm, and I hated Herm. I like Haley's passion (which Herm did not have), but he doesn't seem to understand leadership and it shows with the revolving assistant coach door. I think we have some very good players, and we need a really good leader to get this entire organization to the next level.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast