Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Not impressed with new regime.

Default Not impressed with new regime.

In the third year of the Pioli/Haley era, one would think KC would be maybe 3/4 of the way to building a championship team, and getting to the playoffs last year gave me a lot of hope. But now this team is going in the wrong direction.
    Many on here will blame injuries. I disagree. Good teams overcome injuries. Good teams draft depth. Both our offensive and defensive lines are horrible. Just flat out bad. There is no excuse for this. None.
    I posted 3 years ago that this team needed to build from inside out - build the lines first. I got shot down.
    So who is accountable for this mess? Clark? Pioli? Haley?
    With over 30 million in cap room, why couldn't we make some strides on getting our lines fixed?
    WHY?
    Why are we still trying to squeeze 4/3 players into a 3/4 defense?
    WHY?
    I'm not sure who is making the decisions on this team regarding player personnel, coaches, and philosophy, but whoever it is - is failing. Time to re-evaluate.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    He hasn't done much more than Herm, and I hated Herm. I like Haley's passion (which Herm did not have), but he doesn't seem to understand leadership and it shows with the revolving assistant coach door. I think we have some very good players, and we need a really good leader to get this entire organization to the next level.
    These are my thoughts also. Unfortunately, good leaders are hard to find.
    SHUT IT

He hasn't done much more than Herm, and I hated Herm. I like Haley's passion (which Herm did not have), but he doesn't seem to understand leadership and it shows with the revolving assistant coach door. I think we have some very good players, and we need a really good leader to get this entire organization to the next level.

To me Haley has tempered his passion to much. Why? I don't no maybe it's the media being after him when he would get in guys faces and chew them out. I think that's why Haley has not been a good coach this year. We have seen way to much of the Herm it's ok face on the sideline and less of the letting guys no when they messed up. This team seems to respond to that type of coaching like Cassel did the time they got into it on the sideline. Haley has become way to much like herm for him to get anther year IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Hmmmm, would be nice to see Cower on the sidelines in KC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Too many people on here are willing to just make excuses rather than demand change. I'm tired of excuses. I'm tired of losing...
    Me too, I get tired of friends laughing when I speak of the chiefs winning
    ... And I'm tired of getting blown out on our home field...
    Me too
    ... For those that blame the players - I blame the execs that brought those players here in the first place. For those that blame the head coach...
    Bike, after this game I am starting to agree with you about Haley. Tonight he looked like he didn't care
    ... I blame the person that brought the head coach here in the first place. For those that blame the GM, I blame the person that brought the GM here in the first place. This team will more than likely finish 4-12 or 5-11. I place the blame on Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli.
    Never thought of that idea but then Pioli was brought to help make a diffence since he came from a superbowl team. I don't really see much of a difference.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Hmmmm, would be nice to see Cower on the sidelines in KC again.
    The only place you'd see The Chin is probably in Miami, unless they somehow win out.

Quote Originally Posted by lovenflrefs1 View Post
    The only place you'd see The Chin is probably in Miami, unless they somehow win out.
    Who knows. He, or some other quality coach may look at the talet this team has (counting the bus full of guys on IR), and decide this is a team they would win with. Not sure Miami is better in that dept than we are.

Yep. guess he can't get along with anybody. Starts there, and I'm about done with it.
    My bros and i talked about this on thanksgiving. 3 yrs 3 oc's can we say doesnt get along well with others. This alone is a defining issue on haley as a hc.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Don't you blame Lamar Hunt for bringing the team to KC, giving birth to Clark and then getting old and dying, too?
    Nope. Don't recall mentioning Lamar. But thanks for the condescending reply just the same.
    My reply wasn't meant to sound condescending.. In your previous post you didn't blame injuries and you gave the bad players a pass. You gave Haley a pass for not getting the bad players to play better.

For those that blame the players - I blame the execs that brought those players here in the first place. For those that blame the head coach, I blame the person that brought the head coach here in the first place. For those that blame the GM, I blame the person that brought the GM here in the first place. ... I place the blame on Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli.
    So you blame Hunt for hiring Pioli and you blame Pioli for hiring Haley. Yet in another thread, you did blame Haley!
    The problem is not the OC (although it is definetly part of the problem) - the problem is the HC. source post #39
    So you blame the head coach and then you say you don't blame the head coach; you blame the guy that hired him (Pioli).

You also blame Hunt for hiring Pioli. Do you think he hired a bad GM on purpose or do you think he is just incompetent? If you think he is trying his best, but he is just incompetent, then hiring Pioli is not his fault. Who do you blame for his lack of football acumen? His father (Lamar) taught him football and knew he would inherit the team. If you blame Clark for being the way he is why don't you blame the guy who made him the way he is? Do you think Clark should sell the team to someone who knows more about football since you blame him for the Chiefs not being a good team in spite of devastating injuries, and almost no preseason with a new OC?

Well the OC position seems to be a problem. Is the problem the OC, or the HC wanting to be the OC?

The only reason why i think a new head coach might work or new staff is because the 49ers were pretty bad last year ....get a new head coach....and then they are 8-2 (or whatever it is).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast