Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Not impressed with new regime.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default Not impressed with new regime.


    0 Not allowed!
    In the third year of the Pioli/Haley era, one would think KC would be maybe 3/4 of the way to building a championship team, and getting to the playoffs last year gave me a lot of hope. But now this team is going in the wrong direction.
    Many on here will blame injuries. I disagree. Good teams overcome injuries. Good teams draft depth. Both our offensive and defensive lines are horrible. Just flat out bad. There is no excuse for this. None.
    I posted 3 years ago that this team needed to build from inside out - build the lines first. I got shot down.
    So who is accountable for this mess? Clark? Pioli? Haley?
    With over 30 million in cap room, why couldn't we make some strides on getting our lines fixed?
    WHY?
    Why are we still trying to squeeze 4/3 players into a 3/4 defense?
    WHY?
    I'm not sure who is making the decisions on this team regarding player personnel, coaches, and philosophy, but whoever it is - is failing. Time to re-evaluate.
    SHUT IT

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,341
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 28

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I agree with you for the most part man, but Im not putting injuries on the management and I think this season is an exception to most as far as overcoming injuries. There have been a significant number of season injuries across the league but they have hit the Chiefs especially hard. Take you your starting RB, up and coming starting TE, Starting Safety, Starting QB, Starting DT. There are only so many quality players available to fill those spots. (although spending some of that $33 million would help) I cant however make an excuse for the fact that they arent just losing, but they are getting blown out!! 41-7, 48-3, 31-3 ( Scores of Buf, Det and Mia) Sh!tty teams are killing us. Someone up front needs to get their sh!t together and make something happen or get out of the way for someone who can!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I agree with you for the most part man, but Im not putting injuries on the management and I think this season is an exception to most as far as overcoming injuries. There have been a significant number of season injuries across the league but they have hit the Chiefs especially hard. Take you your starting RB, up and coming starting TE, Starting Safety, Starting QB, Starting DT. There are only so many quality players available to fill those spots. (although spending some of that $33 million would help) I cant however make an excuse for the fact that they arent just losing, but they are getting blown out!! 41-7, 48-3, 31-3 ( Scores of Buf, Det and Mia) Sh!tty teams are killing us. Someone up front needs to get their sh!t together and make something happen or get out of the way for someone who can!!
    This is spot on!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Miracle Valley, Az
    Posts
    902
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    This is spot on!
    I agree Bike and Canada. As I have said everytime I write on this subject, I am not ready to ask for Pioli and Haley's heads yet, but there needs to be some public expression of Hunts disapproval at how this train is going down hill with no brakes and there's a hairpin at the bottom and it is on Haley and Pioli to get this thing turned around fast. Not 3 years from now, but like by end of the season tangible improvement kind of thing.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    A small market team like the Chiefs should be looking at personel who has had great success in the small market. Ala....Green Bay. These two teams have much in common....small market....great "college atmosphere" venue, loyal fans. Reggie Mckenzie is a very strong candidate for the Raiders GM spot. But would fit great for KC.

    Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    151
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Me either. I'm not ready to start over again though. I need at least one more year.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I agree with you for the most part man, but Im not putting injuries on the management and I think this season is an exception to most as far as overcoming injuries. There have been a significant number of season injuries across the league but they have hit the Chiefs especially hard. Take you your starting RB, up and coming starting TE, Starting Safety, Starting QB, Starting DT. There are only so many quality players available to fill those spots. (although spending some of that $33 million would help) I cant however make an excuse for the fact that they arent just losing, but they are getting blown out!! 41-7, 48-3, 31-3 ( Scores of Buf, Det and Mia) Sh!tty teams are killing us. Someone up front needs to get their sh!t together and make something happen or get out of the way for someone who can!!

    good post, but I think the loss to Denver was most embarrassing...I know we didn't get blown out, but they only completed TWO passes!!!! at some point you have to stop the run, and make some plays on offense, but we just didn't.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I agree with you for the most part man, but Im not putting injuries on the management and I think this season is an exception to most as far as overcoming injuries. There have been a significant number of season injuries across the league but they have hit the Chiefs especially hard. Take you your starting RB, up and coming starting TE, Starting Safety, Starting QB, Starting DT. There are only so many quality players available to fill those spots. (although spending some of that $33 million would help) I cant however make an excuse for the fact that they arent just losing, but they are getting blown out!! 41-7, 48-3, 31-3 ( Scores of Buf, Det and Mia) Sh!tty teams are killing us. Someone up front needs to get their sh!t together and make something happen or get out of the way for someone who can!!
    Good post man. We don't have to go back too far to see how good teams cope with injuries. Last year, Green Bay was devastated with injuries. They lost their starting TE, starting RB, starting RT (sound familiar?), starting SS, both starting ML's, and their starting OLB. And all they did was win the superbowl. Now, I'm not saying that we should be where GB is at this point, but damn, we are getting slaughtered - at home. Something is wrong at One Arrowhead Drive.
    Beer.
    SHUT IT

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,598
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I agree with you for the most part man, but Im not putting injuries on the management and I think this season is an exception to most as far as overcoming injuries. There have been a significant number of season injuries across the league but they have hit the Chiefs especially hard. Take you your starting RB, up and coming starting TE, Starting Safety, Starting QB, Starting DT. There are only so many quality players available to fill those spots. (although spending some of that $33 million would help) I cant however make an excuse for the fact that they arent just losing, but they are getting blown out!! 41-7, 48-3, 31-3 ( Scores of Buf, Det and Mia) Sh!tty teams are killing us. Someone up front needs to get their sh!t together and make something happen or get out of the way for someone who can!!


    THIS

    That is the main reason I have been saying that Haley needs to go. He's not getting that the talent that we do have to play every week. Miami is not 31-3 better then the Chiefs even with all the injuries. Right now I just want to get through this season and look who we can bring in to coach this team. I just don't think that Haley is doing the job. There is talent on this team. Far better then there was before the new regime got to KC. I just don't think the talent that we have that is healthy is being coached to play there best.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    In the third year of the Pioli/Haley era, one would think KC would be maybe 3/4 of the way to building a championship team, and getting to the playoffs last year gave me a lot of hope. But now this team is going in the wrong direction.
    Many on here will blame injuries. I disagree. Good teams overcome injuries. Good teams draft depth. Both our offensive and defensive lines are horrible. Just flat out bad. There is no excuse for this. None.
    I posted 3 years ago that this team needed to build from inside out - build the lines first. I got shot down.
    So who is accountable for this mess? Clark? Pioli? Haley?
    With over 30 million in cap room, why couldn't we make some strides on getting our lines fixed?
    WHY?
    Why are we still trying to squeeze 4/3 players into a 3/4 defense?
    WHY?
    I'm not sure who is making the decisions on this team regarding player personnel, coaches, and philosophy, but whoever it is - is failing. Time to re-evaluate.
    Let me start by addressing the issue of injuries.

    Yes, a good team like The Packers can succeed with less significant player losses.

    Their offense revolves around the QB and the passing game. Losing an insignificant RB will hardly decimate the offense.

    Let's also keep in mind that that team was pretty well assembled when their minor rebuild started, several seasons before.

    Basically, if The Packers' depth should be so tested at the most important position of their most successful aspect, meaning QB, then I assure you the outcome will be quite different.

    Our offense revolves around Jammal Charles, and our running game. Losing Charles for the season is much more akin to The Colts losing Manning, then The Packers losing a RB.

    And Eric Berry isn't just an unnamed LB. He was a Superstar of our defense, and set to improve.

    Take Charles Woodson and Aaron Rodgers away from The Packers, plus some other key starters , then come and make a comparison. But, even then, The Packers are a team who has been far more filled-in as far as depth goes. So, while they will finish last in that scenario, their depth should mean that they would still be competitive.

    The Chiefs are in the third season of a major rebuild, and have lost the best players they have on the team.

    While I am nowhere near saying that I am impressed with anything, so far. I just don't agree that this team should be much better than they are at this point.

    By next season, with another offseason to build, and a return of the most important players, I would agree that depth should be far better.

    But not so good as to sustain the kind of losses we have had to this point in 2011.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I posted 3 years ago that this team needed to build from inside out - build the lines first. I got shot down.
    Really? You had no support for that idea?

    Myself, and about half of the other members of this site have ALWAYS been in favor of building in the trenches first.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    With over 30 million in cap room, why couldn't we make some strides on getting our lines fixed?
    WHY?
    While I agree with this, in principal, I can't pretend like there hasn't been some work done to improve both lines. We have drafted an OG a C, and acquired OG Ryan Lilja.

    And the D-line had a third, overall pick used, to accompany a fifth overall pick, and have two other draft picks from 2011.

    How successful they have been in improving it, and rather or not the correct positions have been addressed, is arguable.

    But there has been some work done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Why are we still trying to squeeze 4/3 players into a 3/4 defense?
    WHY?
    Because we still have other holes to fill. We are quite thin at several positions. So filling the team in is going to come ahead of replacing guys who really haven't been too bad.

    I basically agree with the specifics. But I disagree that we are ready to start over and try something new, only to expect another three years before bearing any fruit
    .

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I have not been impressed with Cassel
    By figcrostic in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 08:37 PM
  2. New Regime Is Exciting
    By JohnPaulII in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 12:56 AM
  3. Still not impressed by Cassel
    By figcrostic in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 06:40 AM
  4. Anyone else not that impressed?
    By prough91 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
  5. Wiegmann happy to be Bronco, was miserable with Edwards regime.
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 02:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •