Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary!

Hybrid View

Default Scary!

Do you think this reflects poorly on Herm, or CP, or the fans?

Chiefs game will be televised

The Kansas City Star

The Kansas City Chiefs-Jacksonville Jaguars game at noon Sunday will be shown locally on KCTV Channel 5, according to Bob Moore, the team’s director of public relations. Slow ticket sales raised concerns that the game would be blacked out, but the Chiefs are close enough to a sellout that it will be televised. It would have been the first local TV blackout since 1990.
    However, there are still tickets available.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...ry/303100.html
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I went to the link. Those comments are a bunch of garbage. Here is what I posted in response:

What a bunch of pessimistic, negative nonsense. There is a reason the games are played. That is because the outcomes are uncertain. If you can't see the potential this team has, you probably shouldn't be a football fan because you honestly are ignorant of the sport. Chiefs fans are supposed to be football-savvy and some of the most loyal. I have seen so much to the contrary this season, it's ridiculous. Most of the people I see discrediting this team are merely throwing around the opinions of the national media instead of researching stats and formulating an opinion for themselves. All the negative sarcasm directed toward this team by their own "fans" does nothing more than prove people's idiocy, ignorance, and sheep-like nature. Negativity laced with sarcasm and no factual basis just proves someone to be a certifiable moron or a raving lunatic.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I went to the link. Those comments are a bunch of garbage. Here is what I posted in response:

What a bunch of pessimistic, negative nonsense. There is a reason the games are played. That is because the outcomes are uncertain. If you can't see the potential this team has, you probably shouldn't be a football fan because you honestly are ignorant of the sport. Chiefs fans are supposed to be football-savvy and some of the most loyal. I have seen so much to the contrary this season, it's ridiculous. Most of the people I see discrediting this team are merely throwing around the opinions of the national media instead of researching stats and formulating an opinion for themselves. All the negative sarcasm directed toward this team by their own "fans" does nothing more than prove people's idiocy, ignorance, and sheep-like nature. Negativity laced with sarcasm and no factual basis just proves someone to be a certifiable moron or a raving lunatic.
    Harsh but true. Good one!

Post of the month on two sites! Way to go m0ef0e!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

The article was bogus, by the way. If one looks at the schedule, no asterisks appear on any games until the one against the colts.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/schedule/

I'm not sure about this but wouldn't it be a contract violation or something if CBS and KCTV5 didn't carry the game?

The article was bogus, by the way. If one looks at the schedule, no asterisks appear on any games until the one against the colts.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/schedule/

I'm not sure about this but wouldn't it be a contract violation or something if CBS and KCTV5 didn't carry the game?

They only play it locally if it is sold out. They don't want to have people sitting at home watching unless there is no choice and it is sold out.

There are local businesses that buy up the remaining tickets and give it to their employees, etc... to make sure that the game is broadcast.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    They only play it locally if it is sold out. They don't want to have people sitting at home watching unless there is no choice and it is sold out.

There are local businesses that buy up the remaining tickets and give it to their employees, etc... to make sure that the game is broadcast.
    They have a sure-fire way to get me pissed off right there!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

The thing is its very hard to buy tix right now. My bro and I looked for single game tix and found almost nothing on Ticketmaster.com. Only way to get tix was to buy the 2 pack for Denver/Green Bay and Jax/Tenn. Other than that it was almost impossible to get 2 tix to the game. If they did do the blackout thered be a riot.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    The thing is its very hard to buy tix right now. My bro and I looked for single game tix and found almost nothing on Ticketmaster.com. Only way to get tix was to buy the 2 pack for Denver/Green Bay and Jax/Tenn. Other than that it was almost impossible to get 2 tix to the game. If they did do the blackout thered be a riot.
    Damn right!

Thats why you dont use ticketmaster to buy Chiefs tickets- You usually get the option of seats you dont want or separated or piggybacked or something stupid like that . I called for 4 for the home opener and they kept trying to sell me tickets spread out all over the stadium. I ended up goinf to tickets for less this time because of the location and price . I bought three off of ebay 35 yard line upper deck row11 for less than face . Lots of tickets on Ebay. Some way out of range in price , Some very cheap !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast