Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who said Bowe gave up.....

Default For those who said Bowe gave up.....

Really? LOL

This is a pic of right when the ball hits Lewis' hands. The ball is CLEARLY thrown behind Bowe as well as WAY over his head. Lewis was I believe a good 3 yards behind Bowe and he jumped up barely catching it.

FACT is, Palko had plenty of time to thrown the ball and threw it into a crowd of 5 defenders. And it's not like this was the 1st or 2nd time he did that but like the 5th time in 2 games!

MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't know if Palko threw the ball to the wrong spot or if Bowe ran the wrong route, but clearly, the two of them were not on the same page. It looked to me like Bowe signaled Palko to go deep then cut off his route.
    That's what I was thinking when it happened. The look on Palko's face right after nearly confirmed it. I wondered if maybe Bowe's signal was to fake out the D and then he stuck to his route. It looked like the pass could have been right on target if Bowe had kept going straight, but the two were just not on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by G Money View Post
    I have seen alot of things that upset me with the Chiefs as of late, but nothing more than when a guy gives up. All I am saying is make an effort. His arms didn't even get above his shoulders.
    I was at the game and looing at the play from the Palko's view. Bowe was runing in to the seam and had his guy beat. If the ball was on target he had another 10 yards to run. The ball was thrown 3 feet above bowe and about 5 yards behind him. He had to stop his route and try to adjust to the throw. His momentum was going the other way and could not twist his body back around to get his hands on the ball way over his head.

He tried! It was just a horrible horrible pass.

seriously people. You are complaining about Bowe's effort. I have not been a supporter of Bowe over the years, but he has done nothing this year but do everything he is told and gives it nothing but effort.

As I said the post before, Bowe was flying towards the seam. There was no way he was catching it. Heck the ball almost went over the defender and was only there because Bowe had beat him.

I put the blame on two people for that play, Palko and Bowe. Palko really should have known better. I can't see the picture but I watched the play and there was at least four defenders if not five around Bowe at the time. Palko flat out shouldn't have thrown the ball. Then again we're dealing with a QB that fumbled the ball and threw 2 interceptions in a span of three plays.

On the other hand Bowe didn't even make an effort. I've been a big supporter of Bowe but to not put up your hands to try and deflect that... I don't care if you know you're gonna take a shot. The game is on the line and you're in a contract year. If you wanna win AND get paid down the line you've GOT to put your hands up and try and deflect that ball!

Bowe did throw his hand up to signal something to Palko. I obviously don't know their hand signals but Palko seemed to think that meant Bowe was going to do something from what he did. I'm not terribly worried because Orton will start next week and Palko will go back to what he's been doing his entire career. I have to admit I didn't expect much else and throwing out this play he fumbled the ball and threw two interceptions that were blatantly his fault. Can't say I expected much else from him.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 11-28-2011 at 11:23 AM.

continuous running highlights. just let it play

link
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    seriously people. You are complaining about Bowe's effort. I have not been a supporter of Bowe over the years, but he has done nothing this year but do everything he is told and gives it nothing but effort.

As I said the post before, Bowe was flying towards the seam. There was no way he was catching it. Heck the ball almost went over the defender and was only there because Bowe had beat him.
    Explain the drop when the ball went thru his hands and hit him in the face mask we had just converted a fake punt and then that drop.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Explain the drop when the ball went thru his hands and hit him in the face mask we had just converted a fake punt and then that drop.
    This is the bigger of the two issues. I can let the no arms in the air thing go, though why he did not at least put up his hands in hopes of a deflection, I guess we will never know.

No, the drops from this guy, while better this year are still an issue, and don't give me any excuse about him being off balance, those are the passes we expect him to catch.

This team is just bad, all the way around, the defense showed up last night, but that was about it

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    This is the bigger of the two issues. I can let the no arms in the air thing go, though why he did not at least put up his hands in hopes of a deflection, I guess we will never know.

No, the drops from this guy, while better this year are still an issue, and don't give me any excuse about him being off balance, those are the passes we expect him to catch.

This team is just bad, all the way around, the defense showed up last night, but that was about it
    IF you bother to look at the highlights you'll see Bowe is going one way and the ball the other.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

What I really find funny is how some of you are basically saying Bowe is a quitter. But wasn't BOWE the one that made the big 4 and 7 catch on that SAME drive?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    So if Bo would not of made a cut, but keep going straight, and jumped he would have caught that pass.
    No chance. Had Bowe kept running, he would have been about ten to fifteen yards deeper, and the ball is easily intercepted.

It was a horrible throw, rather he was throwing deep, or for the route that Bowe ran.

Quote Originally Posted by G Money View Post
    I have seen alot of things that upset me with the Chiefs as of late, but nothing more than when a guy gives up. All I am saying is make an effort. His arms didn't even get above his shoulders.
    I didn't see any other Chiefs players reaching for that one either.

Why?

Because there was zero chance of reaching the ball.

Bowe was in the exact same position, of having had no chance of reaching that ball.

Rather or not he ran his route wrong is arguable. But, had he continued to run up the field, the reslut was the same.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast