Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: For those who said Bowe gave up.....

Default For those who said Bowe gave up.....

Really? LOL

This is a pic of right when the ball hits Lewis' hands. The ball is CLEARLY thrown behind Bowe as well as WAY over his head. Lewis was I believe a good 3 yards behind Bowe and he jumped up barely catching it.

FACT is, Palko had plenty of time to thrown the ball and threw it into a crowd of 5 defenders. And it's not like this was the 1st or 2nd time he did that but like the 5th time in 2 games!

MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    It's comical to me that people are so blinded by their love for the team that they are actually defending Bowe on this! I've watched this replay about 25 times on 3 different networks. All pictures shown in this thread are sooooooooo misleading. If he would have made an effort he might have been able to tip the ball so it wasn't intercepted. Not saying he could have caught it because it was a poor pass but just an effort may have changed the play entirely. This guy invented DeSean Jackson's attitude man! Seems like sometimes he wants to play and is amazing but then I see him take plays off as well. #disappointingdwaynebowe
    Wait, The "I have hated Bowe longer than anybody" guy is here to suggest that there is some bias in favor of Bowe?

What a bizarre twist of fate.

I watched the same clips, without the blinders of team favor, player favor, or the burning player hatred you watch with, and I come away knowing that Bowe had zero chance of tipping that pass, even if his body were not falling away from it, from the direction he had already jumped.

I am not the guy who let's Bowe off the hook for dropping passes, nor for anything else. But this was nothing but Collinsworth running his mouth, and drumming up a controversy, where there should have been none.

Plain and simple, Bowe went to where he was supposed to go to, he did what he was supposed to, and Palko, having limited practices, and timing with Bowe, mis-judged where that spot was, and threw it to the wrong spot, so far off, that Bowe had no chance at it.

Now, had that been the most highly motivated WR the planet has ever seen, he may have motioned his arms in the direction of the ball, but no player would have bthered to reach his arms all the way out, just as the QB did not reach out to try and tip the pass.

When you are so far out of range, "trying for the ball" is useless.

And that is what Bowe found when he got up in the air.

Chief31 is right, this wouldn't have even been discussed if Collinsworth wouldn't have ran his mouth. Nobody would have noticed, led alone would they have thought Bowe could have caught that ball. He couldn't have, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Wait, The "I have hated Bowe longer than anybody" guy is here to suggest that there is some bias in favor of Bowe?

I watched the same clips, without the blinders of team favor, player favor, or the burning player hatred you watch with, and I come away knowing that Bowe had zero chance of tipping that pass, even if his body were not falling away from it, from the direction he had already jumped.

I am not the guy who let's Bowe off the hook for dropping passes, nor for anything else. But this was nothing but Collinsworth running his mouth, and drumming up a controversy, where there should have been none.

Plain and simple, Bowe went to where he was supposed to go to, he did what he was supposed to, and Palko, having limited practices, and timing with Bowe, mis-judged where that spot was, and threw it to the wrong spot, so far off, that Bowe had no chance at it.

Now, had that been the most highly motivated WR the planet has ever seen, he may have motioned his arms in the direction of the ball, but no player would have bthered to reach his arms all the way out, just as the QB did not reach out to try and tip the pass.

Agreed! Not only that but being so far out of the reach of the ball the only thing throwing your hands up to look like you're making an effort is going to get you is drilled by a defensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Agreed! Not only that but being so far out of the reach of the ball the only thing throwing your hands up to look like you're making an effort is going to get you is drilled by a defensive player.
    Exactly! Bowe knows going up in the air like that can be dangerous. Why would Bowe or ANYONE else in this world knowing that the ball wasn't even close put their hands up for an open invitation to get lit up? Use some common sense. LOL

Not only that, is I find it funny that the people who keep claiming he gave up have NOTHING to say about the 4th down catch he made a few plays before this one. They all ignored my post about that. LOL
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Easy all knowing 31. You have ZERO idea of what Bowe was supposed to be doing. You have ZERO knowledge of what the route was. ZERO

Bizarre twist of fate???? Not from me. I still think he is overrated.

Who is a better wide receiver on our team? Or in the AFC West?

Would you be happier with a guy like Roddy White?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Who is a better wide receiver on our team? Or in the AFC West?

Would you be happier with a guy like Roddy White?
    Nobody in the AFC West but Vincent Jackson is pretty darn good. Yes, if Roddy White could stay healthy (this year) I would take him over Bowe. His numbers are excellent!! It's not that I think Bowe is a bad receiver I just can't stand the over hype he gets on this site. His attitude is one big reason I think he is overrated. Just doesn't look like he is all in all the time. maybe it's me being over critical but it's how I feel. The drops are another reason I think he is overrated. Drops waaaayyyy to many balls that should be caught.

I kinda agree with you. To me Bowe has A TON of talent he has the talent to be a #1 WR for a team in the NFL. That being said he's not a #1 WR in the NFL. He just disappers way to much in games. He's not a guy that's going to carry a team IMO but he can be one of the guys that helps carry a team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Easy all knowing 31. You have ZERO idea of what Bowe was supposed to be doing. You have ZERO knowledge of what the route was. ZERO
    ZERO?

Nah.

POSTGAME, 11-27

Q: "Were there communication problems on the interceptions?"

PALKO: “Those are all on me. And the fumbled snap was on me as well. Anytime the ball leaves your hands you are responsible for it. I take full responsibility for all turnovers.”
    Next day Q&A with HC Todd Haley, 11-28

Q: What did you see on the last interception? Could Dwayne [Bowe] have done more?

HALEY: “I think that there was a miscommunication first off so there was a couple of different things happening and that led to a poor decision, which again the quarterback is the guy with the ball in his hands. He cannot, he cannot, especially on first down, he can’t make that throw but again, difficult situation, a lot on the line, a lot of pressure and most of the night there was a good response to that, and a couple of times there wasn’t but I think it’s great experience and a lot was learned at least from Tyler’s perspective."
    Maybe a little, hunh?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast