Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what happens

Default So what happens

If orton comes in and clicks really well with the offense and they score alot of points and win some games before seasons end. At least 2 or 3. Will people still wanna draft a qb and get rid of orton? Or sign him to a contract and trade cassell?

If Orton comes in and is as good or better then Cassell I would say trade Cassell because of his high salary S can Palko draft a qb after we get a beast on OL. If he isn't as good make him a second stringer.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    If Orton comes in and is as good or better then Cassell I would say trade Cassell because of his high salary S can Palko draft a qb after we get a beast on OL. If he isn't as good make him a second stringer.
    I would keep Orton and Cassel. Plenty of cash to go around right now.

Boot Palko, and keep growing Stanzi.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Boot Palko, and keep growing Stanzi.
    depending on (in this purely hypothetical scenario) what we are offered for Cassel if for instance we are offered a 1st or 2nd that might be too good to pass on.

Wouldn't we be better off dumping one of them and spending the cash on the O-line?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Wouldn't we be better off dumping one of them and spending the cash on the O-line?
    This plus if one is good enough why not focus on developing a younger qb.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    This plus if one is good enough why not focus on developing a younger qb.
    I'd be good with that. Give us a great O-line and either Cassel or Orton will make us a playoff team every year......while we try to develop a true "Star Quarterback".

This year not withstanding, I think we are very damned close to being a truly dominant team.

Would be even better to have a 3-way tie of last place with the Bolts, Raiders, and Broncos haha and of course that leaves us with a division championship...

(We could dream couldn't we haha)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Cash?

Draft picks.

We have three young guys who can be stalwarts for years to come. All we need there is a LOT to get Albert into a position that better fits his abilities, and the O-line can grow together and become a dominant force.

You just aren't going to find a real LOT in free agency. You are going to find ROTs trying to get a LOT payday, and high-risk, injury-prone LOTs.

The same way so many people want a stud QB, I want a stud LOT.

I want Albert at LG, Hudson at C, and Asamoah at RG and Khalil at LOT.

Then we can go buy a ROT. Good ROTs are actually allowed to hit the free agent market.

Whether through FA or the draft, I'd like to see out o-line get considerably better. And while I prefer to build through the draft, I think we are close enough and have enough cap room that I think we should consider being seriously active in FA next year.

Cash?

Draft picks.

We have three young guys who can be stalwarts for years to come. All we need there is a LOT to get Albert into a position that better fits his abilities, and the O-line can grow together and become a dominant force.

You just aren't going to find a real LOT in free agency. You are going to find ROTs trying to get a LOT payday, and high-risk, injury-prone LOTs.

The same way so many people want a stud QB, I want a stud LOT.

I want Albert at LG, Hudson at C, and Asamoah at RG and Khalil at LOT.

Then we can go buy a ROT. Good ROTs are actually allowed to hit the free agent market.
    I've been saying this for the last 3 years Albert is a probowl waiting to happen at LG and an average LT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast