Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Good News?

Default The Good News?

It's hard to look at anything positive after this loss, but if you can take this defense into next year and build a formidable offense around it, this team will be legitimate contenders once again in 2012.

It starts with quarterback. Is Cassel the answer? I don't necessarily think so, but he's shown he can be good in the presence of a good running game. I would love nothing more than for the Chiefs to get a solid rookie in a draft class that is extremely deep at the quarterback position. We wouldn't have to force him in their right away, but Cassel would have legitimate competition behind him.

There was more positive out of that game, then the last several. I thought it would be another run-away. We were there till the end. Even with 3 straight turnovers in our end of the field.

The D did play very well tonight, but then I've stood up for the D all year. But tonight they did not give up.

That is real good news. Negativity takes too much energy.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Cassel is a backup at best. Draft Landry Jones or Barkley whoever is available and OL after that. Go out and get some FA's to help us fill in holes at safety and LB. And, of course, bring in a HC that knows how to manage a NFL franchise.
    I agree our defense played a helluva game tonight.
    SHUT IT

Before we go draft ANTHER qb I would really like to see Stanzi get a chance. Maybe just maybe he can be a good nfl qb. Is it a high chance no but in this lost season that's going no where why not give him a look see if he can be a good qb if he can and again that's a long shot but IF he can then we won't have to draft anther qb if not then whats the harm really?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Who needs Luck? I'll take RG3.

I'd love to see Stanzi play, but who are we kidding? It isn't going to happen. Just lose out and hope for an up and comer.

Im not sure this coaching group can develop a qb, we have never been able to in our history. Given our history I think we are going to have to sign a free agent some how some way that already is a proven winner. Good luck with that I know. I think Ricky has enough talent but they keep him out if harms way.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Before we go draft ANTHER qb I would really like to see Stanzi get a chance. Maybe just maybe he can be a good nfl qb. Is it a high chance no but in this lost season that's going no where why not give him a look see if he can be a good qb if he can and again that's a long shot but IF he can then we won't have to draft anther qb if not then whats the harm really?
    I think we should use up all our picks on quarterbacks and then let them all compete for #1, #2, and #3 quarterbacks. As for the rest of the offense,and if we still got Bowe(God forbid!) - teach them how to catch a ball so we don't have to run it inch by inch.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

The best out of this game to me was. That was a Chiefs Defense! That was what this team was always known for from the past, a strong Defense.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 11-28-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast