Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what happens

Default So what happens

If orton comes in and clicks really well with the offense and they score alot of points and win some games before seasons end. At least 2 or 3. Will people still wanna draft a qb and get rid of orton? Or sign him to a contract and trade cassell?

If Orton comes in and does well the starting role should be between him and Cassel next year. We don't know about Ricki so they won't draft an early rounder, but they should. I don't think deep down any of our four quarterbacks are the answer.

IF Orton comes in and lights things up then I think we have a "quarterback controversy" next fall and may the best man win......and the loser go. Keeping both of them would be nice, but cap limits will not allow keeping both of them. We need to spend the money elsewhere....like the o line.

I posted on the thread about our Draft projections that seeing Palko play has changed my mind about how I want the chiefs to go about the draft this offseason.

With Palko being more naturally athletic than Cassel, it has shown me that our O-line is not as horrendous as I once thought it was. I have learned that I believe Cassel makes our O-line look worse than what it is by 1- Taking to long to make decisions aka:holding onto the ball to long, & 2-not having a good pocket awareness that allows him to move up, and around to avoid pressure.

So with that said, Back to the Orton thing.... I still think we need to look at adding a QB in the draft if we have the ability to. I look at someone like Robert Griffin as a player that I think could be a HUGE weapon that could be added to this offense.

The reason I say this, is because I don't think that Orton will be our answer either. He may come in and light up our passing game with stats (Like he did with Denver) but will never amount to the leadership role that we need to take us deep into the playoffs and compete for a SB.

To be honest, I think the best thing that can happen with Orton is landing an additional compensatory Draft pick, if he leaves us in FA. I like the idea of having Cassel, Orton, and a high draft pick all on our roster with the idea, that we will have plenty of experience options to choose from, but realistically our pocket book would not allow us to do so, as well as Pioli not wanting to deal with the media drama that comes with having 3 potential starting QB's on the roster.

I think that now with the Rookie Wage scale, it is the right time to look at adding a QB prospect high, because the risk is as low as it has ever been.

Jrudi nailed it in that last paragraph. Now is the time, they are not going to push Stanzi to become the starter so sell him and get a qbotf they can trust in to back up either Cassel or Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Jrudi nailed it in that last paragraph. Now is the time, they are not going to push Stanzi to become the starter so sell him and get a qbotf they can trust in to back up either Cassel or Orton.
    To be honest with you, I'm not so sure they have all that much confidence in Stanzi. I mean yeah it's the "Sexy" move to do right now in the League (Start a rookie QB) But honestly, if they thought he was ready, or would have given us the best chance to win, he would have been out there.

He hadn't even suited up until the Cassel injury, so my thoughts are, they really aren't all that impressed with him just yet. If Orton comes in and is serviceable, I don't think he see's the field at all this season (or he would have already)

Them carrying three qbs this year may suggest they didn't have much stock in Palko either. Cassel has been an ironman up to the broken hand. I'd venture a guess they had little thought that Matt would not miss any games.

Maybe Palko was done after this year regardless? He is an RFA this year I believe. He sure didn't help his chances when the opportunity was presented.

What scares me is if Orton truly wins the starting position in 2012 what do we do with Cassel. I didn't think he'd be hard to deal but when I think about it what has he done to make a team just want to sign him barring a serious need for a veteran qb.

I think Cassel has better leadership potential than Orton, Matt needs some serious time with Zorn to get the kinks of his game ironed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    To be honest with you, I'm not so sure they have all that much confidence in Stanzi. I mean yeah it's the "Sexy" move to do right now in the League (Start a rookie QB) But honestly, if they thought he was ready, or would have given us the best chance to win, he would have been out there.

He hadn't even suited up until the Cassel injury, so my thoughts are, they really aren't all that impressed with him just yet. If Orton comes in and is serviceable, I don't think he see's the field at all this season (or he would have already)
    Thank You and I agree! We have no idea what the future holds with Orton. What if he turns out to be really good? Many judge him because he was with Denver. Fact is under McDaniels he was pretty good. If he clicks with Haley and our offense the sky could be the limit, sorta speak but at the same time he may not click, He wants to do well here. He wants to be a starter and not just for the remainder of the season. Lets try to look at the upside to all of this. We played pretty well Sunday night. We held the Steelers to 1 touchdown. Thats pretty good. Sunday night showed we do not suck! We put up a good fight and if Orton pays off it could do wonders for the entire team. He has the targets and a pretty good arm. One game at a time here folks, let's kick the crap out of the Bears and move on to the Jets. We wont be the AFC West Champs but we could be a strong second. Nothing would delite me more than to see the Chargers all alone in last place.

Fixed it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Thank You and I agree! We have no idea what the future holds with Orton. What if he turns out to be really good? Many judge him because he was with Denver. Fact is under McDaniels he was pretty good. If he clicks with Haley and our offense the sky could be the limit, sorta speak but at the same time he may not click, He wants to do well here. He wants to be a starter and not just for the remainder of the season. Lets try to look at the upside to all of this. We played pretty well Sunday night. We held the Steelers to 1 touchdown. Thats pretty good. Sunday night showed we do not suck! We put up a good fight and if Orton pays off it could do wonders for the entire team. He has the targets and a pretty good arm. One game at a time here folks, let's kick the crap out of the Bears and move on to the Jets. We wont be the AFC West Champs but we could be a strong second. Nothing would delite me more than to see the RAIDERS all alone in last place.

Well right now that could be a long shot. I want some one to knock Tebow off his High Horse and for everyone else to keep beating Da bolts. But yea that would be nice too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast