Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

Default Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

I haven't seen any local press to confirm this, but Chicago sports talker 670 The Score is reporting that Palko is still getting 60% of the snaps with the first team in practice.

Everyone is expecting Orton to start against the Bears, even in Chicago, but It appears that Haley is determined to start Palko and will probably be quick to go to Orton if Tyler turns the ball over.

It's also possible that Orton is getting fewer snaps because it's his first full week of practice and they are only giving him a very limited number of plays to work with.

I don't know how Haley can even consider giving Palko another start after the first 2 games. I know he got the offense moving pretty well, but it doesn't matter how many yards you get if you are likely to turn the ball over before you reach the end zone.

Do you think Orton should start against the Bears? I do. Do you think Orton will start against the Bears? I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Aren't we playing DA Bears.... Wouldn't you think this may be a strategic move to keep the Da Bears guessing who will start so that their defense is guessing on how to prepare.
    That's possible, but I don't think Daaaa Bearse would prepare for Orton much differently than they prepare for Palko. And they know Orton pretty well having had him on their team for several years.

Maybe Haley thinks Palko will have the advantage of being less familiar to the Bears defense than Orton would be and that would give Palko a slight edge.

If that is what he is thinking, then he is just grasping at straws, IMO.

Palko sucks. No more of him please.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

Another thing to consider is the emotional factor. Orton wouldn't be just facing a good team; he would be facing the team that traded him for Jay Cutler to the team that released him for Tim Tebow! Can you imagine the extra motivation he would have to show the Bears what a big mistake they made? I think in spite of having little time to practice and little chance of winning, he would put in an amazing performance against the Bears.

And I'd like to see that.
    Well, there is an opposite effect to consider as well...

If Orton really did want to go to The Bears before we claimed him, then one might have to consider the reverse emotional effect.

Even if not intentionally, it is possible that Orton could have a soft spot for the team he wants to play for.

And, being brand new to The Chiefs' offense, plus a familiarity with the Bears' defense, it would be very easy to make excuses for yourself if you did, intentionally, or unintentionally, make an avoidable "mistake".

I like Kyle Orton. But I am just fine with giving an extra week to get prepared.

Perhaps Palko can be a bit more "safe" with the offense. And, if not, then Orton will get a chance.

I would rather see Stanzi start over Palko. He cant be any worse!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, there is an opposite effect to consider as well...

If Orton really did want to go to The Bears before we claimed him, then one might have to consider the reverse emotional effect.

Even if not intentionally, it is possible that Orton could have a soft spot for the team he wants to play for.
    You make a very good point that I hadn't considered. He would also be reuniting with many good friends that he played with who are still on the team which could be a distraction for him. Still if I were him I would want to show off and look good in front of my "friends." I wouldn't show them any mercy just because I like them. Sports is sports and you try your best to win no matter who you are playing..

It's a very complicated situation ...

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You make a very good point that I hadn't considered. He would also be reuniting with many good friends that he played with who are still on the team which could be a distraction for him. Still if I were him I would want to show off and look good in front of my "friends." I wouldn't show them any mercy just because I like them. Sports is sports and you try your best to win no matter who you are playing..

It's a very complicated situation ...
    I wouldn't mind seeing rotation QBs out there.

Start with Palko, and just throw Orton out there every so often with the plays he feels most comfortable with.

It could give us a slight edge, even just having Orton come in and hand it off, the change of QBs would be an attention grabber, and could affect the defensive players, as well as the play-callers.

Say we have a second and four, we send Orton out there....

Knowing of Palko's troubles throwing long, the obvious reaction would be to lean your defense toward the passing game, and a simple hand-off might find a little extra room.

But, unless Palko is as bad as he was last game, and we do not replace him, I am not likely to be too upset with whatever we do at the QB position this week.

I'm going to be at the game, so I just want a quarterback that is going to deliver a win...And if Orton isn't ready, I hope the defense is ready to score 3-4 touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm going to be at the game, so I just want a quarterback that is going to deliver a win...And if Orton isn't ready, I hope the defense is ready to score 3-4 touchdowns.
    You heard it here first, DJ and Flowers will both score a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I would rather see Stanzi start over Palko. He cant be any worse!!
    THIS

7 turnovers in 2 games. Can't get much worse even from a rookie qb.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS

7 turnovers in 2 games. Can't get much worse even from a rookie qb.
    And 0 touchdowns, wow thats even worst then I remembered.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast