Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

Default Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

I haven't seen any local press to confirm this, but Chicago sports talker 670 The Score is reporting that Palko is still getting 60% of the snaps with the first team in practice.

Everyone is expecting Orton to start against the Bears, even in Chicago, but It appears that Haley is determined to start Palko and will probably be quick to go to Orton if Tyler turns the ball over.

It's also possible that Orton is getting fewer snaps because it's his first full week of practice and they are only giving him a very limited number of plays to work with.

I don't know how Haley can even consider giving Palko another start after the first 2 games. I know he got the offense moving pretty well, but it doesn't matter how many yards you get if you are likely to turn the ball over before you reach the end zone.

Do you think Orton should start against the Bears? I do. Do you think Orton will start against the Bears? I'm not so sure.

Yeah. If Haley doesn't hear are Roar now. I think he's deaf and he needs to go! Start Orton or Stanzi for christ sake! I'm sick of his experiments allready!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    And 0 touchdowns, wow thats even worst then I remembered.
    Yeah, no kidding. I heard (if I remember right) that the Chiefs have scored one TD in their last 45 offensive possessions and have failed to reach the end zone in their last 27 possessions. And yet, the offense has actually looked better the last two games. How sad is that?

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Me too. If Orton only comes in because Palko is struggling, we are in trouble. Why dig a hole for him to have to try and climb out of? If Orton starts, he may still dig his own hole, but he might not. At least give him the chance to sink or swim.

[sidebar: this is weird for me to talk about, because I really want the Bears to win this game. They are my favorite team and they still have a good chance of making the playoffs. But I still love the Chiefs and I want them to do whatever they can to put themselves in the best position to win.]

Another thing to consider is the emotional factor. Orton wouldn't be just facing a good team; he would be facing the team that traded him for Jay Cutler to the team that released him for Tim Tebow! Can you imagine the extra motivation he would have to show the Bears what a big mistake they made? I think in spite of having little time to practice and little chance of winning, he would put in an amazing performance against the Bears.

And I'd like to see that.
    Two things: it stinks to have two favorite NFL teams who play each other. Thank goodness that one is in the NFC and the other in the AFC and they don't meet every year.

Next, I would think that perhaps Orton would have two dates marked on his calender. The first is this Sunday, the second is the Sunday of week 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes and Yes.

I think Orton should start, and I think Palko will start.
    Nicely said, the post turtle.

I agree with starting Palko. Yes I would also like to see Stanzie. Orton can not be ready to play, he has not had time to learn or develop a feel for the offense.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 11-30-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Two things: it stinks to have two favorite NFL teams who play each other. Thank goodness that one is in the NFC and the other in the AFC and they don't meet every year.
    Yeah, lol. Fortunately for me the Bears and Chiefs only play each other once every four years so I can root 100% for both teams 63 out of every 64 games! Before the season started and the Chiefs were decimated by injuries I was kind of hoping to see a Bears/Chiefs Superbowl. Not too farfetched when you consider that both teams made the playoffs last year. My Bears still have a shot, but now that Cutler is out it will be much tougher. Hopefully he can get back and still be effective in time for the playoffs. Even if he hadn't gotten hurt, I don't see anybody getting past the Packers, this year. I knew they would be good, nut it kills me to see them this good.

Next, I would think that perhaps Orton would have two dates marked on his calender. The first is this Sunday, the second is the Sunday of week 17.
    Absolutely. And if the Chiefs keep him he will have at least 2 games circled next year, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I would rather see Stanzi start over Palko. He cant be any worse!!
    Ah, don't say that Canada because it could be alot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    It Could? I looked at you tube vids of Stanzi, He looks good as a College level QB. Have not found much on Palko yet. But I do stand by my opinion, Palko should start.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    How? We have 1 TD and 7 turnovers in 2 games. How much worse can Stanzi be?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

The possibility of Palko starting makes me want to puke.

If Haley honestly feels Orton isn't ready then I say start Stanzi. Another 4 turnover game would be more than I can take.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    How? We have 1 TD and 7 turnovers in 2 games. How much worse can Stanzi be?
    0 TD's and 7 turnovers in 2 games? I guess technically that's worse but I agree with you. Stanzi can't really look any worse than Palko.

On a side note I wonder if anyone has started cheering for Shane Falco from The Replacements yet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast