Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

Default Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

I haven't seen any local press to confirm this, but Chicago sports talker 670 The Score is reporting that Palko is still getting 60% of the snaps with the first team in practice.

Everyone is expecting Orton to start against the Bears, even in Chicago, but It appears that Haley is determined to start Palko and will probably be quick to go to Orton if Tyler turns the ball over.

It's also possible that Orton is getting fewer snaps because it's his first full week of practice and they are only giving him a very limited number of plays to work with.

I don't know how Haley can even consider giving Palko another start after the first 2 games. I know he got the offense moving pretty well, but it doesn't matter how many yards you get if you are likely to turn the ball over before you reach the end zone.

Do you think Orton should start against the Bears? I do. Do you think Orton will start against the Bears? I'm not so sure.

The comment on the 670 boneheads drew my attention and made me want to comment. First of all I am a football fan tend to be a more Packers/Panthers fan :)

I despise the 670 talking heads, they make excuses, whine, and generally speak as if the Bears (no matter what or record) can do no wrong. Every win this year morning afters and all day on the station superbowl is mentioned, truly makes me ill.

After the Raider loss hell you would think they won the game? No blasting hanie, martz, lovie etc. they simply moved into looking over the Chiefs and Broncos.

These media dunder heads here have made me hate the Bears with all the idiotic "how good we are" for the past six years.

The Palko/Tebow jokes and all day yuck yuck on just how the Bears can not lose makes me want to drive off the road I mean just how many times a day can one take jerkioff yelling "Devin Hester you are ....." ugh I cant make myself type it

I am pulling for you guys this week as a chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    the Jags fired their HC Del Rio and will sell the franchise

also the vikes released McNabb. he's up for grabs
    There's another unemployed QB who wants to pay for the Bears. Je grew up in Chicago and played high school football there. He's a 5 time Pro Bowl mobile QB with a strong arm and lots of experience.

The only problem is he is no longer mobile, wildly inaccurate, can't run a 2 minute offense, doesn't practice well and couldn't beat out Painter for the starting job.

I think I'd pass on him.

Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

No. No I'm not.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    He knows kung fu...
    ...And, a couple other Asian words.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowslinger View Post
    The comment on the 670 boneheads drew my attention and made me want to comment. First of all I am a football fan tend to be a more Packers/Panthers fan :)

I despise the 670 talking heads, they make excuses, whine, and generally speak as if the Bears (no matter what or record) can do no wrong. Every win this year morning afters and all day on the station superbowl is mentioned, truly makes me ill.

After the Raider loss hell you would think they won the game? No blasting hanie, martz, lovie etc. they simply moved into looking over the Chiefs and Broncos.

These media dunder heads here have made me hate the Bears with all the idiotic "how good we are" for the past six years.

The Palko/Tebow jokes and all day yuck yuck on just how the Bears can not lose makes me want to drive off the road I mean just how many times a day can one take jerkioff yelling "Devin Hester you are ....." ugh I cant make myself type it

First of all, welcome the The ChiefsCrowd.com forum.

Wow! From your post it sounds like you listen to the score a lot, especially for someone who hates the station. As a Packers fan, you might enjoy listening to this station with a block of cheese on your head a lot more: WDUZ-FM - The Fan 107.5 FM Green Bay, WI - Listen Online

I also listen to The Score quite a bit, but not really for in depth sports analysis, mostly for updates on Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks news and a few laughs. I, too get tired of especially Boers and Bernstein making fun of Tebow thanking God every time the Donkeys win and they have a tendency to resort to low-brow "potty humor" a bit too much for my taste, but for the most part they are pretty entertaining. I've heard plenty of them picking against the Bears this year, however, especially when they played the Falcons, Saints, Packers, Lions (the first time) and they split about 50/50 on the Bucs game. Some of them were also saying they had a bad feeling about the Chargers, that it looked like a "trap" game. That's 6 out of 11 games this year that they weren't all picking the Bears.

Of course, they are going to talk up the Bears and put down their opponents, especially the Packers; they are a Chicago radio station and want to appeal to their fan base, but I've heard plenty of objectivity as well. And let's face it, Devin Hester is amazing!

I'm not going to try to defend the entire station. They appeal to a certain audience that you obviously aren't a part of. My advice would be if you don't like the station, then don't listen to it.

I'm not sure if you are a Chiefs fan or if you just root for any team that is playing the Bears. Based on the timing of your first post here, I would suspect the latter. but if you are a Chiefs fan I hope you stick around and share your thoughts about the team. Newbies are always welcome here.

PS: even though I'm a Bears fan, I'm also rooting for the Packers, this week. We need the Lions to lose and it would be so much fun to hand the packers their first loss this year. (or 2nd if the Chiefs beat us to it)
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 12-02-2011 at 04:50 AM.

You are right I listen to much but driving here a lot not much more on the dial and espn 1000 aint quite as bad

As I said I am a football fan and watch all the games throughout the season that are televised. I was a big Chiefs fan the year Montana was traded and then slipped back into falcons fandom :) I like underdogs and also would like to see the Packers go back to the super bowl this year. I am not on the go undefeated bandwagon, I feel better players should be rested once the division has been clinched.

BTW what is up with your radio/tv? Guy today telling (I think he was on the score?) saying "I will be surprised if the Chiefs get in the end zone?" Is this simply because of Palko?

It is for that reason I don't listen to any of those guys; they're drinkin Drano.

Welcome to the Crowd!

No.....
    Last edited by Bike; 12-02-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post

No.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia1KAi01IfQ"]No: Shooter McGavin in &quot;Happy Gilmore&quot; - YouTube[/ame]
    Chiefs in 2011

BTW what is up with your radio/tv? Guy today telling (I think he was on the score?) saying "I will be surprised if the Chiefs get in the end zone?" Is this simply because of Palko?
    My guess is he said that because the Chiefs have only gotten in the end zone once in their last 4 games and that was when they still had Cassel. The Bears do have a pretty good defense.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast