Thread: Throwing short of the 1st down on 3rd down..

Default Throwing short of the 1st down on 3rd down..

..Is anyone else getting sick of this poop (edited) than me?

And I mean well short of the first down.

And I don't mean like, "well he checked down his recievers and is dumping it off and maybe he can get some YAC."

I mean, he takes his 1,3 or 5 step drop and fires and it's like planned. And it's no where near the 1st down marker and we punt (as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

And I don't mean like, "well he checked down his recievers and is dumping it off and maybe he can get some YAC."

I mean, he takes his 1,3 or 5 step drop and fires and it's like planned. And it's no where near the 1st down marker and we punt (as usual).

It's Palko, not too much faith in him I think. But I did like Orton's first and only attempt sending it down field. If only he hadn't got hit and hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    It's Palko, not too much faith in him I think. But I did like Orton's first and only attempt sending it down field. If only he hadn't got hit and hurt.
    I disagree, I think it is a couple of things, but one of them being a case of our receivers not knowing where they are on the field.

Another is our offensive line is not giving the plays time to develop, we are dumping passes off short because in obvious passing downs we are being blitzed heavily.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm going to have to disagree here. After Orton got hit and the ball was away I was excited. Then the camera panned left and I see two defenders draped over the receiver and thankfully the ball falls 15 yards short of anyone. I'd have much rather seen him scramble and throw it away or find the closest receiver and throw it at his feet.

I'd have to say that it's better than the run for a yard, run for another yard or two and then throw an incomplete pass on 3rd & 7 that we had going before.

By letting the receivers fight for YAC we're seeing what we have in them to see if our big receivers can make a play. You have to admit the offense is actually looking better and moving the ball more with this formula.

It's Muir.

+1 It's Muir. Yes our OL is struggling, but a simple cross or short post takes 3-4 seconds and gets you momentum to get across the 1st down line. He ain't even trying. run for 1, run for 1, dump pass for 1, 4th and 7, punt. How is our OL and receivers and even Puko er Palko supposed to get any confidence when they(and the opposition) know the same shiite is going to be called? Dump Muir and see what Zorn can do on OC. I would like to see it now, so we know if Zorn can cut it before the off season. I want Muir gone, yesterday.
    Last edited by azchiefsfan; 12-05-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I disagree, I think it is a couple of things, but one of them being a case of our receivers not knowing where they are on the field.

Another is our offensive line is not giving the plays time to develop, we are dumping passes off short because in obvious passing downs we are being blitzed heavily.

Exactly it was in the second half and palko checked down and threw it to breaston 4 yards short of the marker. We argued about the check down and the wonderful thing dvr is 3 of the 4 receivers were well short of the first down marker. I think that has got to be a coaching thing.

Makes me nuts as well.

That is all.