Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

Default Are you ready to see more of Tyler Palko?

I haven't seen any local press to confirm this, but Chicago sports talker 670 The Score is reporting that Palko is still getting 60% of the snaps with the first team in practice.

Everyone is expecting Orton to start against the Bears, even in Chicago, but It appears that Haley is determined to start Palko and will probably be quick to go to Orton if Tyler turns the ball over.

It's also possible that Orton is getting fewer snaps because it's his first full week of practice and they are only giving him a very limited number of plays to work with.

I don't know how Haley can even consider giving Palko another start after the first 2 games. I know he got the offense moving pretty well, but it doesn't matter how many yards you get if you are likely to turn the ball over before you reach the end zone.

Do you think Orton should start against the Bears? I do. Do you think Orton will start against the Bears? I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I haven't seen any local press to confirm this, but Chicago sports talker 670 The Score is reporting that Palko is still getting 60% of the snaps with the first team in practice.

Everyone is expecting Orton to start against the Bears, even in Chicago, but It appears that Haley is determined to start Palko and will probably be quick to go to Orton if Tyler turns the ball over.

It's also possible that Orton is getting fewer snaps because it's his first full week of practice and they are only giving him a very limited number of plays to work with.

I don't know how Haley can even consider giving Palko another start after the first 2 games. I know he got the offense moving pretty well, but it doesn't matter how many yards you get if you are likely to turn the ball over before you reach the end zone.

Do you think Orton should start against the Bears? I do. Do you think Orton will start against the Bears? I'm not so sure.
    I hate to compare anything to the Raiders but I can see us having a game like they did. Palko turns the ball over in the 1st quarter and Haley takes it, then in the 2nd quarter Palko does it again and we put Orton in. Orton is rusty and doesn't know our playbook and it continues but by the end of the game Orton is our new starting QB.

I just don't see how Haley can stand behind Palko anymore after watching the past two game.

I just found this story in the ChiefsCrowd Chiefs news feeds forum: Kyle Orton will split reps in practice with Tyler Palko - NFL - Yahoo! Sports.

a disturbing quote:
    “Tyler is our starter,” Haley said in a conference call with Chicago media. “We’ve gotta get Kyle ready to play and he might have to play, he might not."
    Haley goes on to say that the Chiefs will do whatever gives them the best chance to win. Doesn't starting Orton do that?

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I hate to compare anything to the Raiders but I can see us having a game like they did. Palko turns the ball over in the 1st quarter and Haley takes it, then in the 2nd quarter Palko does it again and we put Orton in. Orton is rusty and doesn't know our playbook and it continues but by the end of the game Orton is our new starting QB.
    Me too, especially against the Bears whose defense is built around forcing turnovers and Palko doesn't need much "forcing" at all. The difference is that Orton will at least have a full week to practice and we already know that Palko is turnover prone. Palmer only had 2 days to practice and the Raiders hadn't been starting Boller for 2 games already to see how bad he would be.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I just don't see how Haley can stand behind Palko anymore after watching the past two game.
    Neither do I. There are only 5 games left and desperate times call for drastic moves. Our only hope is that Orton looks SO good in practice that by the end of the week, Haley decides to start him.

What Haley says and Haley does are two different things. Suddenly he may change his mind on Sunday morning.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

If Haley wants to keep his job, I would think Orton would have be the starter. We cannot have Palko start another game.

I am alright with it.

Palko has made a lot of very ugly mistakes in his two games. But, if Orton is not ready, then you go with the guy who is.

Either way, I am just very hopeful that whoever starts does a good job.

Yes and Yes.

I think Orton should start, and I think Palko will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes and Yes.

I think Orton should start, and I think Palko will start.
    Me too. If Orton only comes in because Palko is struggling, we are in trouble. Why dig a hole for him to have to try and climb out of? If Orton starts, he may still dig his own hole, but he might not. At least give him the chance to sink or swim.

[sidebar: this is weird for me to talk about, because I really want the Bears to win this game. They are my favorite team and they still have a good chance of making the playoffs. But I still love the Chiefs and I want them to do whatever they can to put themselves in the best position to win.]

Another thing to consider is the emotional factor. Orton wouldn't be just facing a good team; he would be facing the team that traded him for Jay Cutler to the team that released him for Tim Tebow! Can you imagine the extra motivation he would have to show the Bears what a big mistake they made? I think in spite of having little time to practice and little chance of winning, he would put in an amazing performance against the Bears.

And I'd like to see that.

Aren't we playing DA Bears.... Wouldn't you think this may be a strategic move to keep the Da Bears guessing who will start so that their defense is guessing on how to prepare.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast