Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's Your Chance!

Default Here's Your Chance!

OK, We Won The Game! Final Score Chief's 30, The Chargers 27.

Now is your chance, jump on the Board and tell everybody why you are happy or sad, give your opinion as to how and why we :hammer: The Chargers, or bring something negative to the board, doesn't matter, the more the merrier, Keep the comments, good or bad comming, that way everyone can have fun, let's make this board a success! It takes everyone giving away a piece of their mind to do it. Come on You can spare a piece of your mind, to agree or disagree, doesn't matter in the end we all have a great time. OK Chief's keep the :hammer: going, we are on a one game winning streak!

GO CHIEF'S!

8-) :pint:

Default Re: Here's Your Chance!

Guru wrote:
    kenny1937 wrote:

I got tickled at my Wife Guru, she wanted to throttle him,
    for that, Herm was lucky he was where she couldn't get her hands on him

GO CHIEF'S :hammer: The Seahawks!!

Hope Chiefster :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: (Belch)
    Good for her.

Yeah, I have learned through bitter experience that you don't want to be in the same zip code with her if she's mad at you.

I am getting signed out of this site every time I put together a lengthy post. This is terribly annoying, not only because it is a pain in the a**, but because I lose my entire post. I spend thirty minutes, to an hour on some of these attempted posts. Only to wind-up wasting that time if I should happen to forget to copy it before trying to submit it. If there is anything that can be done about this, I would really appreciate it.

There were several bright spots in the Chiefs' win against the Chargers on Sunday. In my opinion, the biggest contributing factor to the outcome was, easily, the turnovers.The early turnovers gave the Chiefs' offense a shortened field to launch them into a big, early lead.

O.k I would like to announce how excited I was to see the return of some creativity within the Chiefs' running game. I witnessed a couple of sweeps, a couple of reverses, a fake reverse and even some pulling offensive linemen on some inside running plays. I believe that by running a variety of running plays, you force your opponents to play more "honest". If ninety percent of your running plays go between the tackles, then you become predictible.

I want to see the sweep begin to be taken more seriously, as well as being run a bit more frequently. It was, after all, the very foundation of, in my opinion, our offense, over the past few seasons. An offense that was one of, when it was not THE, premier offenses in the N.F.L.

The reemergence of Tony Gonzales as a dominant recieving threat. Not to mention the things he did with the ball, after the catch. :hammer: I know that he has been being used alot more in pass protection. But, he simply must be used as an offensive weapon.

DEFENSE!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: Tamba Hali, Jared Allen, Kendrell Bell, Patrick Surtain and the defensive unit, as a whole. While there were a few, obvious, "break-downs", the defense was impressive in slowing the Chargers' mighty offense. And, yes, I mentioned Kendrell Bells name in a positive way. (Actually, I haven't mentioned his name in a negative way.) He made several big plays. It was nice to see K. Bell making a contribution to the defense. Factor in, the pressure added by the entire defensive line, the, generally, good coverage by defensive backs and the "all over the place" efforts of Hali and Allen, and you have a terrific defensive performance.

How about this one..........

Game-planning and play-calling. The offensive play-calling has already been mentioned, but the defensive play-calling was, perhaps, even more impressive. The Chargers' offense seemed to be mistified, at times, with what Herm Edwards had the defense doing. Often looking like a goalline defense, the surprising scheme confused Phillip Rivers so much, that he was forced to use two time-outs, very unexpectedly, early in the first quarter. Good going Herm.

lastly, I want to give a big "thumbs-up" to the Chiefs offensive line. One could have come to expect a grand performance from the interior linemen.(Wiegmann, Waters and Shields) However, Jordan Black,(once nicknamed I-65) and Kevin Sampson,(previously cited for being a weak pass-blocker) Have really stepped it up. I realize that the Chiefs' offense has been employing alot of two tight end sets, to lend some extra help in pass-protection. However, when asked to handle the task without the added help, both Sampson and Black have shown themselves to be up to the task. Even against two of the leagues top pass-rushers, boasted by the Chargers' defense, Black and Sampson performed well above expectations. Kudos to the both of them.

As "down" as I have been on my beloved Chiefs, thus far this season, I was genuinely impressed with the team I watched Sunday. Good job by all, and I hope to see more, like it this Sunday and the rest of this season.

chief31 wrote:
    I am getting signed out of this site every time I put together a lengthy post. This is terribly annoying, not only because it is a pain in the a**, but because I lose my entire post. I spend thirty minutes, to an hour on some of these attempted posts. Only to wind-up wasting that time if I should happen to forget to copy it before trying to submit it. If there is anything that can be done about this, I would really appreciate it.
    I can completely relate to you on this, I havn't said anything because I thought it was my computer, I have lost some posts, but I didn't know that any one else had the same problem, also I have been in the middle of a post and a page from Espn suddenly appears and I lose all the work that I did, has this ever happen to you Chief31?

8-)

chief31 wrote:
    Sorry about that bud, I think what happens is that the server times out. I will address this issue with the admin. Until then I would just suggest that if you feel that your response is going to take some time then type it out in whatever word processing program you use and then log into the Crowd then copy and paste.

I don't think that has happened, or, at least, not during one of my larger posts. It seems that I have seen that espn page pop up, but I can't say, for sure, that I was on The Crowd when it popped up.

chief31 wrote:
    Dude. if you're writing a post that takes 45 mins to an hour to write, then you need help.

I'm sure as hell not going to read a longass post like the one that follows the one I've quoted, unless it's compelling reading.

If you write a post that long, you better capture the readers attention within the first couple of sentences, and keep that attention throughout.

Sorry if you have been having problems while posting. I have gotten rid of the ESPN thing at the bottom of the page. That may have been part of the problem. It is amazing how much faster the pages are loading now without it. I should have done that a long time ago!

I can empathize with you on losing long posts. I have had it happen to me before and it is very friggin annnoying. As a rule of thumb, if you ever have an extremely long post, copy it to your clipboard before hitting submit.

Please PM me if you continue to have these problems. Thanks for all of the great posts!

Thanks Coach, it has improved things a bit, doing great work, now if we can get those Chief's to :hammer: the Seahawks, it will make my day. Looking forward to the new fedora, the old one is about wore out, but it has served me well.

GO CHIEF'S :hammer: The Seahawks!!

8-) :pint:

kenny1937 wrote:
    Thanks Coach, it has improved things a bit...

Ditto!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast