Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm predicting 5-11 what are the consequences

Default I'm predicting 5-11 what are the consequences

I see us losing badly to Chicago, and Green Bay, losing a close game to Jets. We could either beat the Donkeys or lose and I think we will beat the raiders. If we finish 5-11 what do you see happening? I'm guessing we will finish top 8 of the draft, once again we'll get a new offensive coordinator once again, I see Haley and Crennel staying around, if Orton does very well we might get rid of Cassel do to his high salary if he doesn't do so well he'll be our back up, Palko is gone, hopefully we pick up a stud LT and put Albert's where he belongs at LG, if Charles comes doesn't come back healthy I see us drafting a RB who knows we might draft one anyway and get rid of Jones he's too old and he has more 2 yard plays then 5 yards. What do you guys see happening?

looking like it could possibly be a 7-9 or 8-8 season now.

L- Green Bay (just too good)

I could see us gettin 3 wins out of the Jets (not playing very well and is a winnable game), Raiders, and Broncos but to be realistic I would say 2.

So 7-9 is likely

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Something I've been thinking about the last few weeks and almost been afraid to mention, ACL surgery has about a 30% chance of success. For every Tom Brady, you have 4 or 5 William (Bar None) Floyd's. There is no guarantee that Moeaki, Charles or Berry will make a 100% or even 50% recovery. I am hoping and praying (for them more than even our Chiefs) that they all 3 come back close to normal. But if they all make the odds, 2 of them are done and only one will make it back to game shape. I am actually becoming a little more nervous about next year. I hope those three guys can beat the odds, but it is very unlikely.
    As a doctor, I think the statistic of 30% chance for success (I assume you mean success as being able to play at the same level again) is low. Those statistics may have been correct 5 or 10 years ago, but the rehab protocols are a lot better now. I would say it is closer to 60%, but I dont know any actual statistics on professional level athletes. I think Moeaki and Berry have the best chance to come back fully, based on the positions they play and what it requires. Charles is going to have the hardest time getting back to what he was last year because of how much stress cutting puts on your ACL.

Also, a lot of those failures probably also had other things wrong than their ACL (meniscus tears and MCL tears commonly occur with ACL tears). A bad meniscus (which can rarely ever be repaired, usually just cleaned up) can really limit what an athlete can do as far as putting a lot of force on their knees.

Here's to hoping for 3 great recoveries.

I know the surgical repair rate is 85-90%, but when looking at returning full(or near full) capability is low. Jerry Rice came back, but even he admits he was playing at only 50% or so level. Most professional athletes struggle and quit after 2-3 years. I think because these guys are young, they'll probably have a better chance than many older veterans who have sustained a lot more physical abuse. I hope all 3 come back strong, but I think about Bar None and Rice and I get concerned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123