Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm predicting 5-11 what are the consequences

Default I'm predicting 5-11 what are the consequences

I see us losing badly to Chicago, and Green Bay, losing a close game to Jets. We could either beat the Donkeys or lose and I think we will beat the raiders. If we finish 5-11 what do you see happening? I'm guessing we will finish top 8 of the draft, once again we'll get a new offensive coordinator once again, I see Haley and Crennel staying around, if Orton does very well we might get rid of Cassel do to his high salary if he doesn't do so well he'll be our back up, Palko is gone, hopefully we pick up a stud LT and put Albert's where he belongs at LG, if Charles comes doesn't come back healthy I see us drafting a RB who knows we might draft one anyway and get rid of Jones he's too old and he has more 2 yard plays then 5 yards. What do you guys see happening?

If Haley stays, I think we'll get some line help on defense and offense through the draft, but they won't pay off until season 2. I see us improving, but realistically in the 8-8 to 9-6 range, moving up to the top of the AFC West. If Haley is not around, probably 4-12 or 5-11 and rebuilding a new system. I really think Pioli and Haley are not on the same page and Haley is on the bubble. If he can pull a couple more wins, he'll be here next year. If the season folds and we have 1 or less wins from here out, he'll be shown the door.

I see Orton battling for Cassel's job, with a front office sabotaging our potential for 2012 by taking a QB in the first round. And I see Cassel, Bowe, and Charles heading for another Pro-Bowl together, after we win our first playoff game in far too long.

I see this team improving more than any other between now and a year from now. Only with a complete legitimate improvement, with no more voices about "they can't win against a good team".

Had it not been for all the injuries, I would have expected to be able to compete with The NFL's best by the end of 2011.

But, seeing what happened, I fully expect to be a very serious contender in 2012.

But then, you all know me, Mr. Rose-colored glasses...

[quote=chief31;244583]I see Orton battling for Cassel's job, with a front office sabotaging our potential for 2012 by taking a QB in the first round. And I see Cassel, Bowe, and Charles heading for another Pro-Bowl together, after we win our first playoff game in far too long.

I see this team improving more than any other between now and a year from now. Only with a complete legitimate improvement, with no more voices about "they can't win against a good team".

Had it not been for all the injuries, I would have expected to be able to compete with The NFL's best by the end of 2011.

But, seeing what happened, I fully expect to be a very serious contender in 2012.

But then, you all know me, Mr. Rose-colored glasses... [/quote

Well I have to agree for the most part. Had we not had all the injuries would we have been able to compete with the NFL's best. I just don't think we would have been there yet. But I do see and look forward to GREAT improvements in the draft and the offseason. First round QB? I don't think so but I could be wrong. For me the interesting part will be the battle of the QB's if Orton does well and they keep him, Matt will have a good fight on his hands. I think they like Stanzi and if so they need to start working him or trade him, cut Palko and Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I see Orton battling for Cassel's job, with a front office sabotaging our potential for 2012 by taking a QB in the first round. And I see Cassel, Bowe, and Charles heading for another Pro-Bowl together, after we win our first playoff game in far too long.

But then, you all know me, Mr. Rose-colored glasses...
    Sabotaging our potential? This franchise hasn't drafted a QB in the first round since before I was even born. The Chiefs have nothing to lose because there is no way they're getting anywhere with Orton or Cassel, despite what many might think. Barkley or RGIII would be fine with me.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Sabotaging our potential? This franchise hasn't drafted a QB in the first round since before I was even born. The Chiefs have nothing to lose because there is no way they're getting anywhere with Orton or Cassel, despite what many might think. Barkley or RGIII would be fine with me.
    So, if there is no chance to do anything without a first round QB, then you either don't like The Chiefs, or don't like yourself, since they have never bothered to go get that QB, right?

Believe it, or not, a first round QB is not the be-all, end-all of The Super Bowl.

So sayeth the Tom Brady... So sayeth the Joe Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I see us losing badly to Chicago, and Green Bay, losing a close game to Jets. We could either beat the Donkeys or lose and I think we will beat the raiders. If we finish 5-11 what do you see happening? I'm guessing we will finish top 8 of the draft, once again we'll get a new offensive coordinator once again, I see Haley and Crennel staying around, if Orton does very well we might get rid of Cassel do to his high salary if he doesn't do so well he'll be our back up, Palko is gone, hopefully we pick up a stud LT and put Albert's where he belongs at LG, if Charles comes doesn't come back healthy I see us drafting a RB who knows we might draft one anyway and get rid of Jones he's too old and he has more 2 yard plays then 5 yards. What do you guys see happening?
    I think you pretty much nailed it. I'd say 75% chance that Cassel stays around for next year. I'd like the chiefs keep Orton either way. I think Haley stils around for one more year. Hopefully Haley doesn't make Romeo the fall guy. I am very confident that if the chiefs didn't lose Cassel, Moeaki, an jamaal Charles for the season that the Chiefs would be in first place right now. Biggest need right now in my opinion is offensive line. We could get a really good tackle in the 5-10 draft position that I expect we will have. My vote for first round pick is taking an OT to either replace Albert or play RT but eventually replace Albert. I like our young offensive lineman. I think Lilja has seen better days.

Our biggest need on defense is ilb, cb, safety.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-04-2011 at 10:41 AM.

we need a quality TE in worst possible way. they knew Moeaki was injury prone when they got him. should have had a good back up
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So, if there is no chance to do anything without a first round QB, then you either don't like The Chiefs, or don't like yourself, since they have never bothered to go get that QB, right?

Believe it, or not, a first round QB is not the be-all, end-all of The Super Bowl.

So sayeth the Tom Brady... So sayeth the Joe Montana.
    I'm sorry, I forgot about all that success the Chiefs have had over the past 30 years. You know, with the 0 super bowls, and numerous playoff losses, silly me! Meanwhile teams that actually have a decent QB that they developed like the Packers, Steelers, Falcons, Colts continue to churn out divisions and multiple playoff appearances, as well as super bowls.

I know it's common knowledge for Chiefs fans to not care about drafting a QB because we haven't even done it in my lifetime, but I'm tired of picking up trash from another team and calling that a starting QB. The only time that works is if a team is retarded enough to give a franchise QB away. i.e Chargers giving Brees to Saints.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot about all that success the Chiefs have had over the past 30 years. You know, with the 0 super bowls, and numerous playoff losses, silly me! Meanwhile teams that actually have a decent QB that they developed like the Packers, Steelers, Falcons, Colts continue to churn out divisions and multiple playoff appearances, as well as super bowls.

I know it's common knowledge for Chiefs fans to not care about drafting a QB because we haven't even done it in my lifetime, but I'm tired of picking up trash from another team and calling that a starting QB. The only time that works is if a team is retarded enough to give a franchise QB away. i.e Chargers giving Brees to Saints.
    REP...
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast