Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Chargers to fire coach & GM at end of season

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,534
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default Chargers to fire coach & GM at end of season


    0 Not allowed!
    heard this on espn;

    Chargers head coach Norv Turner will be fired at season's end, the San Diego Union-Tribune is reporting.

    Sources close to team president Dean Spanos said he feels he has "no choice" but to cut ties with Turner, who has been at the helm since 2007.

    The report also suggests the team is leaning toward dismissing general manager A.J. Smith, as well.

    It has been a difficult season for San Diego, which sits tied for last place in the AFC West with a 4-7 mark. The Chargers have dropped six straight games heading into this weekend's contest with the host Jacksonville
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    2:1 they remain the darlins of the AFC West.

    Norv and AJ have managed to earn the right to have their contract terminated. We need all four teams to be competitive if the Chiefs ever hope to get any kind of respect.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,208
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I can't remember the last time the Bolts dropped six in a row. so this come's as no surprise. Rivers has had just a horrible year.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,345
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think rivers gave up on turner a long time ago. Turner is the best thing that could hbe happened to Chiefs fans. But firing AJ smith is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. He has assembled a ton of talent in SD and is very well respected in football circles. If I were a betting man, norv is gone but aj stays.

    Expect the SD job to be the most coveted job this offseason. I won't be shocked if Jeff Fisher ends up there. AJ Smith/Jeff Fisher would be the best combo in the afc west in my opinion.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,208
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think rivers gave up on turner a long time ago. Turner is the best thing that could hbe happened to Chiefs fans. But firing AJ smith is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. He has assembled a ton of talent in SD and is very well respected in football circles. If I were a betting man, norv is gone but aj stays.

    Expect the SD job to be the most coveted job this offseason. I won't be shocked if Jeff Fisher ends up there. AJ Smith/Jeff Fisher would be the best combo in the afc west in my opinion.
    why wait??? hire the new HC now and let him hit the ground running for next season
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,208
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    season ends is fast approaching

    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,504
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 61

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    why wait??? hire the new HC now and let him hit the ground running for next season
    I don't know how you can announce that you are going to fire somebody with 5 games left and expect that guy to still give 100% to his job.

    "We are letting you go because you aren't doing a good enough job. Now go out there and keep up the mediocre work!"

    If you've already made that decision, you pull the trigger and make one of the assistants interim HC until you find a replacement. If I'm Norv Turner I resign now and get a jump on finding a job for next season. The team isn't going to play hard for a "lame duck" coach/ Why add losses to my resume?

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,208
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't know how you can announce that you are going to fire somebody with 5 games left and expect that guy to still give 100% to his job.

    "We are letting you go because you aren't doing a good enough job. Now go out there and keep up the mediocre work!"

    If you've already made that decision, you pull the trigger and make one of the assistants interim HC until you find a replacement. If I'm Norv Turner I resign now and get a jump on finding a job for next season. The team isn't going to play hard for a "lame duck" coach/ Why add losses to my resume?
    ill buy that. why hang around when you know your spam in a can anyway???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,534
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    I can't remember the last time the Bolts dropped six in a row. so this come's as no surprise. Rivers has had just a horrible year.
    I know, he's on my fantasy team
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Miracle Valley, Az
    Posts
    902
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hate Rivers and am glad the over-rated piece of garbage is showing his (lack of)mettle. He benefitted from the best run game in the league and some great receivers, now that it's his turn to lead the team and make plays instead of having all-pro level players making them for him, he looks terrible. He's a scrub and always has been, but was in one of the best systems of the last decade. I don't want the Dolts to be good, I want them to suck! I want to see them scraping out 2-14 seasons year after year, while we are earning 14-2 seasons. They are the enemy and I hate them, and F*ckland, and the Donks! We don't need any of them to be good for us to be good. If we can win each them each year, that guarantees us 6 wins. WTH would any of us want them good? We have 10 other teams to play each year, so screw the Dolts and the rest of the AFC West!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Big name for chargers may be out for our monday night season opener
    By cjsfw2 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 09:10 AM
  2. Fire Them
    By Chiefs58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 12:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •