JAGS by 2 my A**!
USA Today Chiefs' Preview
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (2-1) at KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (2-2)• Sunday, 1, CBS
• Sheridan's line: Jaguars by 2.
• Last meeting: The Chiefs won, 35-30, at home in the final week of the season last season when a victory would have sent either team to the playoffs.
• Streaking: Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe has set a franchise rookie record with TD receptions in three games in a row.
• Tandem bet: If Jaguars RBs Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew struggle like they did in K.C. last New Year's Eve (46 yards on 12 carries), the Jaguars will likely fly home losers again. As solid as QB David Garrard has played (103.8 passer rating), the Jaguars spent a good chunk of their bye week trying to figure out their sputtering running game. The Chiefs' main concern is keeping Garrard in the pocket and preventing big gainers off broken plays.
• Out of the gate: The Chiefs would love to stop digging holes for themselves, and that starts with QB Damon Huard, who is 12-for-23 with 133 yards and no touchdowns in the first halves of games this season and 25-for-35 with 347 yards and four TDs in the second. Huard's quick-developing chemistry with Bowe should begin opening more holes for RB Larry Johnson, and the Jaguars' typically solid run defense was inconsistent in September.
• Specialties: The Chiefs are 30th in the NFL with an average drive start at their 23-yard line, and WR Eddie Drummond is averaging just 21.5 yards per return.
• Key injuries: Jaguars: K Josh Scobee (quad) will be replaced by John Carney again; LT Khalif Barnes (ankle) would be replaced by Mo Williams if he can't play. Chiefs: CBs Bennie Sapp (ankle) and Dimitri Patterson (hamstring) are expected to be out, hurting depth in the secondary.
• Need to know: Chiefs Tony Gonzalez needs one TD to break tie with Shannon Sharpe (62) for most by a tight end.
JAGS by 2 my A**!
Well I have heard it all now.ESPN Chris Berman just picked the CHIEFS to win over the Jag.s GO KC