Thread: Here is why the Chiefs are aweome

Default Here is why the Chiefs are aweome

Today in the mail a Christmas or Holiday or whatever is politically correct to call it card arrived. Here is what it says...

On May 22, the deadliest tornado in recorded history struck Joplin, Missouri. The tragedy destroyed homes, fractured families and forever changed the landscape of the community.

While much was lost in the storm, hope was not. The people of Joplin are rebuilding their city with inspiring resolve, and the Kansas City Chiefs are honored to support their efforts this season.

In celebration of the spirit of hope, a gift has been purchased, wrapped and will be delivered by the Chiefs to a child in Joplin on your behalf.

Thats pretty cool of them to try and help the kids in Joplin have a good Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Today in the mail a Christmas or Holiday or whatever is politically correct to call it card arrived. Here is what it says...

On May 22, the deadliest tornado in recorded history struck Joplin, Missouri. The tragedy destroyed homes, fractured families and forever changed the landscape of the community.

While much was lost in the storm, hope was not. The people of Joplin are rebuilding their city with inspiring resolve, and the Kansas City Chiefs are honored to support their efforts this season.

In celebration of the spirit of hope, a gift has been purchased, wrapped and will be delivered by the Chiefs to a child in Joplin on your behalf.

Thats pretty cool of them to try and help the kids in Joplin have a good Christmas.
    Very, very cool!!

It's a Christmas card.

Was this card soliciting donations? If so, please post the address to send donations and I'll send along a weeks worth of beer money.

Thats pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Was this card soliciting donations? If so, please post the address to send donations and I'll send along a weeks worth of beer money.
    They were not solicitating. I'm guessing it was sent to all the season ticket holders because Clark and Donovan have never even offered to buy me a beer in the stadium.

So there is something they can do right. Too bad it's not Football.

Kudos to the chiefs for helping Joplin. They even let the college, high school(can't remember which)play a football game in Arrowhead stadium but as far as the gift goes, I think they could of done better than 1 gift to 1 child especially when there are 53(?) players on the team with HUGE paychecks.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Kudos to the chiefs for helping Joplin. They even let the college, high school(can't remember which)play a football game in Arrowhead stadium but as far as the gift goes, I think they could of done better than 1 gift to 1 child especially when there are 53(?) players on the team with HUGE paychecks.
    Im guessing they did that for all the season ticket holders

I agree with you hard core chiefs fan.Ill keep my coments to myself.53 players and 1 present.not cool
    That's all Ill say.