Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis to the Jayhawks??

Default Charlie Weis to the Jayhawks??

Looks like him leaving the Chiefs to be closer to his son was bullsh!t!!

Kansas Football Coaching Candidate: Charlie Weis - Rock Chalk Talk
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I don't understand this line of thinking. How is this not a problem? I'd rather see Todd running off some of his top talent than have him run off the OC every year because he wants to tinker with the offense. In my opinion doing that ruins the offense and gets our play calling to what it is now.
    This is how I feel about it. Think about the effect this has had on the offense, every year since Todd came in we have had a new offensive coordinator mucking around with things.

The offense was the best it has been when Weis was calling the shots, Haley cannot do both jobs, he has proven that, yet at the same time, we can't seem to keep an OC around either because Haley lets them go, or they cannot get along with Haley.

I don't think Haley is gone after this season, but I do believe he is only gog to get one more year to correct this ship.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't understand this line of thinking. How is this not a problem? I'd rather see Todd running off some of his top talent than have him run off the OC every year because he wants to tinker with the offense. In my opinion doing that ruins the offense and gets our play calling to what it is now.

First of all you don't know that Todd ran Charlie off. We did pretty good with Charlie and why Charlie chose to leave is really unknown to everyone except those in the inner circle. Haley got what he wanted when Charlie came to KC, but it was also with the understanding his term there might be short. So now we know it wasn't really family as to why he left KC, or do we? Maybe it had something to do with the school he coached for or how he got along with the HC there? Can't blame Todd for everything.....

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    First of all you don't know that Todd ran Charlie off. We did pretty good with Charlie and why Charlie chose to leave is really unknown to everyone except those in the inner circle. Haley got what he wanted when Charlie came to KC, but it was also with the understanding his term there might be short. So now we know it wasn't really family as to why he left KC, or do we? Maybe it had something to do with the school he coached for or how he got along with the HC there? Can't blame Todd for everything.....

You are right , can't blame him for everything, but we sure can blame him for screwing up this offense.

Are you kidding me you mean to tell me you would not be upset if Todd ran off DJ, Charles and Bowe because they said he was a mean coach that they did not want to play for for any money? RIGHT everyone would be wanting his head his name would be as bad as HE in KC.

The main point I was making is that we do not know why Charlie left and I do not know why everyone immeditly assumed it is all Todd's fault. Todd may not have wanted him to go for all we know. Maybe Charlie decided he wanted back in to college we do not know so why does everyone point their finger at Todd? I was not sorry to see Gailey go I watched him here is Dallas as HC and he just did not impress my or Jones for that matter he did let him go after all.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Really! You don't see a problem with Hailey running all of our PROVEN offensive coordinators out of here (Gailey and Weis) and not hiring a Proven OC (Bill Muir). I DO!
    The point I was trying to make is how do you know he ran Weis off? Hailey may have wanted Weis to stay you, I or anyone else in here does not know, did he not recruit him to come here as OC? Everyone just assumes that Hailey ran of Weis because they have to have someone to blame.

Sure he let Gailey go and I do not care they were from different schools of offense, I did not really like Gailey I watched him here in Dallas as HC and he never impressed me then he was too laided back. Besides Hailey was a brand new HC and wanted his own people in place and is entitled to a few mistakes in my view. I mean the last person that was perfect they nailed to a cross.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    The main point I was making is that we do not know why Charlie left and I do not know why everyone immeditly assumed it is all Todd's fault. Todd may not have wanted him to go for all we know. Maybe Charlie decided he wanted back in to college we do not know so why does everyone point their finger at Todd?
    I think the fact that Weiss stated that he was leaving, because of geographical location (proximity to family) and is already said to be contemplating a move back to this geographic area suggests that Weiss' reasoning is invalid.

And, if that reasoning is invalid, then we start wondering why the lie/cover-up.

Which strengthens the argument that he and Haley did not get along, which was already a suspected cause.

It does not prove the case of Weiss leaving because of a rift with Haley.

But it does lean the evidence that way.

And, with the shape that our offense is already in, those who want to believe Haley was the cause will gladly overlook the effect of injuries, and point to the poor offense as a result of Haley's "rift" with Weiss.

Myself, I am not convinced that Haley and Weiss had problems. But I am quite far from ruling it out.

Are you kidding me you mean to tell me you would not be upset if Todd ran off DJ, Charles and Bowe because they said he was a mean coach that they did not want to play for for any money? RIGHT everyone would be wanting his head his name would be as bad as HE in KC.

The main point I was making is that we do not know why Charlie left and I do not know why everyone immeditly assumed it is all Todd's fault. Todd may not have wanted him to go for all we know. Maybe Charlie decided he wanted back in to college we do not know so why does everyone point their finger at Todd? I was not sorry to see Gailey go I watched him here is Dallas as HC and he just did not impress my or Jones for that matter he did let him go after all.
    Nope, not kidding you because I said some, I didn't say all of them. Using the same reasoning you're using a player leaving isn't going to come out and say that they can't get along with the head coach. If they did there's a possibility people might start whispering the word diva.

Heck I'll admit my last boss I had I absolutely couldn't stand. He was the first person in my life I didn't respect as a co-worker OR a person. I've had one or the other but never both. Because of that it does influence my opinion and I'll admit to that.

I'm not saying that Haley is the absolute reason that Weis left. But don't you find it a bit odd that he uses his family as the reason he's leaving and then one year later you can jump on I-70, go 47 miles west and see Weis?

We all know Haley likes the offense run his way. The first year he ran the offense, second year he had to have his fingers in it, this year he's overruling calls and making his own. There's a word for that, micro-management and I haven't met a single person in the world that likes being micro-managed. To me that'll cause a rift and would cause a person to look elsewhere, it's what I did. I'm not saying that is what happened, that's just my opinion, if your's is different that's fine. We'll just agree to disagree.

Well and thats another problem, who really is calling the plays? I don't think Haley calls all the plays but I do believe he has plays he wants run, it's just up to him when they run them. We all know Haley was a very good OC in Az but look at his QB and Wr's at that time. If we had kurt Warner and that receiving crew we too would be a much better team. I like Haley, and I know this has been an up and very down year for us. There are a hundred reasons why this season has gone the way it has and plenty of blame to go around. Pioli and Haley both know where we are in great need on this team and I trust they will do there best to fill those needs in the FA and the draft as I'm sure we will see a number of people cut in the off season, some we will agree with and again, some we don't agree with. But mark my words, we will be a very good ball club next year and we will get better every year after that. We will be the team to beat in the AFC West in 2012, and it will be because of Pioli and yes, Todd Haley. I have Faith. So Chive On, F#@K Cancer and Go CHIEFS!

The point I was trying to make is how do you know he ran Weis off? Hailey may have wanted Weis to stay you, I or anyone else in here does not know, did he not recruit him to come here as OC? Everyone just assumes that Hailey ran of Weis because they have to have someone to blame.

Sure he let Gailey go and I do not care they were from different schools of offense, I did not really like Gailey I watched him here in Dallas as HC and he never impressed me then he was too laided back. Besides Hailey was a brand new HC and wanted his own people in place and is entitled to a few mistakes in my view. I mean the last person that was perfect they nailed to a cross.
    I would not feel so strong about it being Hailey's fault or that Hailey wants to control the offense if he had just hired a Proven Offensive Coordinator after Weis left! INSTEAD he promotes the OFFENSIVE LINE COACH! WTF is that! Look at our offense now! That says to me IT IS HAILEY"S FAULT!

He's not here in KC; therefore it really doesn't matter to me why.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast