Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Defend Haley now

Default Defend Haley now

I don't want to hear the injury BS. That's just an excuse. Injuries do keep you from winning they DON'T KEEP YOU FROM COMPETING. Just look at Houston. How many qbs have they been through. Are they getting blown out over and over like this team? THIS TEAM IS NOT COMPETEING.

Haley Keeps throw a QB that has PROVEN he can't do anything out there. Haley is not DOING HIS JOB putting this team in the best spot to win. HALEY NEEDS TO GO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    There's no point in arguing this... the guy is gone... if not this upcoming week, then after the season. The problem that I see with firing Haley, is that he's better, IMO, than the guy who's rumored to replace him.
    Haley has this team, without most of it's talent, with five wins, where Herm had two wins.

And you never stopped believing in Herm.

But you were out for Haley's blood from the day he was hired.

My question is, are you aware of the severity of your bias in this matter? Or do you feel like you are giving an objective opinion?

I'd question why you want a run-first offense in the first place...The NFL is a pass happy league, and teams that are good at it are consistently contending year in and year out. It's almost like the Chiefs have shown no desire to be that, and thus we see why this team can't compete against better teams and have been blown out 5 times.

No team in the league has run the ball more when trailing...Does that sound like they're even trying to win? Hand the ball off to Thomas Jones for 2.8 yards a carry...Really making it hard on opposing defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That's what happens when you get into a season expecting a certain kind of offense, and discovering you have nothing of the sort, and are relying on far lesser backups.

As I said in the statement you quoted...

That is the exception, not the rule.

And we are at the far opposite end because we were expecting a strong running game (mistake) and discovered that that was not the case.

The offense is in a full-on, short-term, mid-season "rebuild", and then they got a surprise by having a loss of QB in the process.

Being surprised by a bad offense, with all of those circumstances, suggests a disconnect from reality.

And, when your defense has a bad game, to go along with that kind of offense, a blow-out is the probable result.

So many of us seem to be surprised by the obvious.
    Chief31, you and I agree on a lot of things football, but in this instance, I cannot agree with you. We are missing some key elements, but at the same time we have been able to play better some weeks than others. This is preperation, which falls back on the coach. Injuries hurt, but they do cause endings like this.

Haley needs to go, that is just how it is. We are going to have another weekend like this next weekend too when Green Bay comes to town, that is a given, but if we end up getting the same kind of beating with the Raiders and Broncos, Haley will be done.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'd question why you want a run-first offense in the first place...The NFL is a pass happy league, and teams that are good at it are consistently contending year in and year out. It's almost like the Chiefs have shown no desire to be that, and thus we see why this team can't compete against better teams and have been blown out 5 times.

No team in the league has run the ball more when trailing...Does that sound like they're even trying to win? Hand the ball off to Thomas Jones for 2.8 yards a carry...Really making it hard on opposing defenses.
    I agree with your overall thought here.

I think Haley was fooled into believing that our run offense was strong, when, in fact, it was weak, with Charles' particular abilities making it look strong.

We were the #1 rushing team in The NFL in 2010. But we were completely unable to run the ball with power, and Charles' success, in spite of the poor offense, was far from consistent.

But, when you look back on your season, and you see that your team went from 4-12, to 10-6, with the #1 running game in The NFL, it can be difficult to see the forest, for so many trees.

I think it was a very big mistake. But it was one mistake, which gets amplified by the injury to Charles.

But I think the lesson has been learned, and this offseason will offer us a chance to take some very big steps toward fixing that problem, and we should get Charles back, to run with that lesson learned.

As for running while trailing....

I can't really argue much.

But my thinking is that they are trying to keep the pass-rush from putting too much pressure on our QBs.

It's not really helping. But that would be what I expect the thinking is.

I've been defending Haley all along. And I still think he can be a great coach. But for the life of me I can't figure out why he won't put Stanzi in.

If Stanzi is so bad that we won't pull Palko in the middle of this kind of beatdown, then what the hell is he doing wearing a Chiefs uniform and collecting a Chiefs paycheck?

I simply can't understand why we haven't given the kid a shot in the face of Palko's complete futility.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Chief31, you and I agree on a lot of things football, but in this instance, I cannot agree with you. We are missing some key elements, but at the same time we have been able to play better some weeks than others. This is preperation, which falls back on the coach. Injuries hurt, but they do cause endings like this.
    We have only been competitive when the defense has played incredibly well.

When the defense has a lesser game, we get hammered.

Building a whole new offense, mid-season, and then having your QB situation explode, is going to put a team into that kind of situation.

I just don't see anything that should be coming as a surprise here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Haley needs to go, that is just how it is. We are going to have another weekend like this next weekend too when Green Bay comes to town, that is a given, but if we end up getting the same kind of beating with the Raiders and Broncos, Haley will be done.
    Can't wait to start all over again.

2011 was a wash, almost from the first game.

We managed to win some games, in spite of the circumstances, and that, along with a 10-6 record last season, has kept a lot of fans' expectations far higher than I think they should have been.

I expected a tough season, even with the starters on the field.

Take away our "Peyton Manning" and several other star players, and I just couldn't imagine how we would expect much better than what we have.

As I've said numerous times, if he gets to 6 wins, he'll be back. If he can only get these 5, he's gone. I am completely on the fence about him now. I think he deserves to be fired for the way this team plays, but I think he has some serious upside that may get us over the hump. I think about it this way: If we didn't have these key injuries, would we be winning more games? Answer: obviously yes. However: Can a good coach still find a way to win despite key injuries? Answer: obviously yes. So when I weigh each of those questions, I am torn 51% for him to go and 49% for him to stay.
    Last edited by azchiefsfan; 12-11-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I've been defending Haley all along. And I still think he can be a great coach. But for the life of me I can't figure out why he won't put Stanzi in.

If Stanzi is so bad that we won't pull Palko in the middle of this kind of beatdown, then what the hell is he doing wearing a Chiefs uniform and collecting a Chiefs paycheck?

I simply can't understand why we haven't given the kid a shot in the face of Palko's complete futility.
    I'm not sure on this either.

I am a guy who will take into account the circumstances going against ya.

But this has gone too far for even me.

I fully expected to see Stanzi, each time we brought the offense back onto the field.

But I can't say rather Stanzi has some serious problems, or they see something far better from Palko in practices, or what....

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'd still keep Haley.

Next week, I'll say the same thing.

Yes, it's injuries.

You don't want to hear it?

Too bad. They are still the primary reason.

Are those players back to playing yet?

Well then, it is just as applicable as it was before this week.

So some other team happened to make good with their back-ups.

That is the exception, not the rule. The rule is that you struggle when your starters are gone.

And when your offense was designed for one style of offense (running game) and you realize, in-season, that your running game was all because of the skill of one player, who is lost for the season, then you have a weak offense, and running with backups will make them look terrible.

I told you then, and, because you insist upon continuing to ask, I will tell you again....

I see the rest of this season as a learning experience.

That is not going to change because we lose, even if we lose badly.
    So what about Buffalo? injuries? Can't blame that one on injuries. Detroit lost Charles in that game but do you REALLY THINK Charles alone is worth 45 points?

Strange Miami who once again WAS WINLESS WITHOUT THERE STARTING QB came into Arrowhead and won 31-3 WHEN WE HAD OUR STARTING QB.

This team IS NOT I REPEATE IS NOT JUST LOSEING. THEY ARE NON COMPETIVE. They look more and more like a Herm Edwards team each time.

Why are we loseing? The offense. Isn't that supose to be the part of the game our coach is best at? Why do we win when we win The D. What othe coach do you no who keep throwing a QB that looks like Palko out there. I don't think there are many. I spent the whole offseason defending Haley. Hes proven me wrong. While I won't discredit what he did last year. This year HALEY SHOULD BE FIRED.

And one more point Herm Edwards lost his starting qb every year so under this injuries are causeing this shouldn't we have kept him? Do you really think that would have been a good idea. He had injuries so he deserved to stay?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

As I have said before, I am more than willing to cut Haley a lot of slack because of the strike and injuries.

But this refusal to put Stanzi in when Palko is so clearly stinking up the joint really bothers me.

In short, it is making me doubt Haley's judgement.

I'm not ready to call for his head yet, but after todays disaster I am a whole lot closer than I was this morning.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast