Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Defend Haley now

Default Defend Haley now

I don't want to hear the injury BS. That's just an excuse. Injuries do keep you from winning they DON'T KEEP YOU FROM COMPETING. Just look at Houston. How many qbs have they been through. Are they getting blown out over and over like this team? THIS TEAM IS NOT COMPETEING.

Haley Keeps throw a QB that has PROVEN he can't do anything out there. Haley is not DOING HIS JOB putting this team in the best spot to win. HALEY NEEDS TO GO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So what about Buffalo? injuries? Can't blame that one on injuries. Detroit lost Charles in that game but do you REALLY THINK Charles alone is worth 45 points?
    Overconfidence, just like you had, the fact that is was at the start of the season, which always has unusual results, and the unusual circumstances of the shortened preseason.

I thought we got past this a couple of months ago. Have those games changed, or something?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Strange Miami who once again WAS WINLESS WITHOUT THERE STARTING QB came into Arrowhead and won 31-3 WHEN WE HAD OUR STARTING QB.

This team IS NOT I REPEATE IS NOT JUST LOSEING. THEY ARE NON COMPETIVE. They look more and more like a Herm Edwards team each time.

Why are we loseing? The offense. Isn't that supose to be the part of the game our coach is best at? Why do we win when we win The D. What othe coach do you no who keep throwing a QB that looks like Palko out there. I don't think there are many. I spent the whole offseason defending Haley. Hes proven me wrong. While I won't discredit what he did last year. This year HALEY SHOULD BE FIRED.

And one more point Herm Edwards lost his starting qb every year so under this injuries are causeing this shouldn't we have kept him? Do you really think that would have been a good idea. He had injuries so he deserved to stay?
    The offense was (mistakenly) designed around the #1 running game in the league.

As it turns out, that running game was a bit of a mirage.

So we are stuck, in season, with an offense that is in bad shape with Charles gone.

So, we have to run with a poor running game, and pass-protection that was supposed to aided by the threat of a running game, and which was supposed to be the lesser duty of our O-line.

Then, subtract your starting QB.

If you truly expect much out of that offense, then your expectations are too high.

And if you think the defense should be able to keep that offense in every game, again, your expectations are too high.

Someone on here said that they got Palko because he was probably Haley's son I say Palko is probably Haley's love-child that he just found out about just before the chiefs were blessed with and Palko has been blackmailing Haley into letting him play.

In light of the chiefs' "great" season this year that I had to devulge my thoughts on this.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Haley has this team, without most of it's talent, with five wins, where Herm had two wins.

And you never stopped believing in Herm.

But you were out for Haley's blood from the day he was hired.

My question is, are you aware of the severity of your bias in this matter? Or do you feel like you are giving an objective opinion?
    Chief31, i have to say, you can find a positive in the most negative places. This team could go 0-100 and you would give us all hope.I am awarding you "Fan of the Millenium" and forwarding your resume to the Chiefs PR department....lol

Overconfidence, just like you had, the fact that is was at the start of the season, which always has unusual results, and the unusual circumstances of the shortened preseason.

I thought we got past this a couple of months ago. Have those games changed, or something?

The offense was (mistakenly) designed around the #1 running game in the league.

As it turns out, that running game was a bit of a mirage.

So we are stuck, in season, with an offense that is in bad shape with Charles gone.

So, we have to run with a poor running game, and pass-protection that was supposed to aided by the threat of a running game, and which was supposed to be the lesser duty of our O-line.

Then, subtract your starting QB.

If you truly expect much out of that offense, then your expectations are too high.

And if you think the defense should be able to keep that offense in every game, again, your expectations are too high.
    I expect better! Zero reason why Plako would be anybody's backup. Period. He shouldn't even have a contract. So there's stike one. Strike two, why is our FB an OL starter? 25 million under the cap and we have no OL depth. Three; I did not see the adjustments that should have been made on the Defense during this game. They picked up our blitz package and used screen passes for huge yards. Want more, what the hell was with that first drive? not only let them walk down the field, but let the qb walk into the endzone. Total penalty meltdown in 3rd quarter. If there was a game plan they left in in KC. Disgusting effort. I can take losses, but not this way.

Basically, this team, even having lost it's most talented starters, and having had the offense discovered as being based on a false promise, STILL has more wins than in 2008, 2009 and 2010.

That is an impressive feat.

To improve this team, while losing so much talent, and to still have three more chances to win even more......

You want to fire the coach?

We have a very good defense. Not a miraculous defense... yet. But a very good one.

And the offense is better than it look. (Give us our starters back, and see.)

Plus, the offense will get a whole lot of serious attention during the offseason.

I look forward to seeing what we are capable in 2012.

I dread the thought of starting over again.

Mmmmm, that's a cup is 1/10 full way of looking at it. I look at it like we are a talented team now and despite key injuries should still be winning or at least competitive. I am not ready to abandon hope because of injuries, but that is what your logic is saying. I tend to agree with you 31, but I will part ways now that it's reached this absurd level by Haley and company. I wouldn't mind an 8-8 or even a 7-9 season, but this blowout stuff and run, run, pass, punt stuff is on Haley and there is no explaining or excusing it.

Basically, this team, even having lost it's most talented starters, and having had the offense discovered as being based on a false promise, STILL has more wins than in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
    Not to be a nitpicker, but we went 10-6 in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    As I have said before, I am more than willing to cut Haley a lot of slack because of the strike and injuries.

But this refusal to put Stanzi in when Palko is so clearly stinking up the joint really bothers me.

In short, it is making me doubt Haley's judgement.

I'm not ready to call for his head yet, but after todays disaster I am a whole lot closer than I was this morning.
    Maybe the GM said do not play the rookie QB or the QB coach said he is not ready to play. I will admit I don't care who is holding him back at least get him in there for a drive or two in the second half just to see what he can do I mean we were not going to pull this game out in the second half it was over then.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Mmmmm, that's a cup is 1/10 full way of looking at it. I look at it like we are a talented team now and despite key injuries should still be winning or at least competitive. I am not ready to abandon hope because of injuries, but that is what your logic is saying. I tend to agree with you 31, but I will part ways now that it's reached this absurd level by Haley and company. I wouldn't mind an 8-8 or even a 7-9 season, but this blowout stuff and run, run, pass, punt stuff is on Haley and there is no explaining or excusing it.
    Parting ways now?

Where were you at when I was expecting 5-11..... all season long?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Not to be a nitpicker, but we went 10-6 in 2010.
    DOH!!!!

And I just posted that same mistake in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Chief31, i have to say, you can find a positive in the most negative places. This team could go 0-100 and you would give us all hope.I am awarding you "Fan of the Millenium" and forwarding your resume to the Chiefs PR department....lol
    You would've hated him in 07-08. No one was more critical of this team than him.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast