Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Defend Haley now

Default Defend Haley now

I don't want to hear the injury BS. That's just an excuse. Injuries do keep you from winning they DON'T KEEP YOU FROM COMPETING. Just look at Houston. How many qbs have they been through. Are they getting blown out over and over like this team? THIS TEAM IS NOT COMPETEING.

Haley Keeps throw a QB that has PROVEN he can't do anything out there. Haley is not DOING HIS JOB putting this team in the best spot to win. HALEY NEEDS TO GO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    You would've hated him in 07-08. No one was more critical of this team than him.
    He has a lot of good points, and it's not to say this team wouldn't be very competitive with a healthy team and a couple more key players. But injuries are going to be a big part of the game, and the Chiefs were relatively lucky in 2010 b/c it seemed like there were no key injuries, and every week the injury report contained maybe 2-3 guys.

The lack of depth is on Pioli. Simply put he makes most of the personnel decisions. Still, this team has been ill-prepared to play most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Chief31, i have to say, you can find a positive in the most negative places. This team could go 0-100 and you would give us all hope.I am awarding you "Fan of the Millenium" and forwarding your resume to the Chiefs PR department....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    You would've hated him in 07-08. No one was more critical of this team than him.
    KCraised...

I am not that guy. I promise you that.

I just see things from different angles.

Todd Haley took over a bad team. And I despised him through his first year here.

I thought getting Matt Cassel was a total waste. I though Todd Haley was a terrible hire, right from the start.

Had this happened in 2010, nobody would have been louder than I, in calling for Haley's head.

But it didn't. He made chicken salad out of....

Well, you know the phrase.

And this season, I think he has done the same.

The hand he has been dealt here is just horrible.

And the results have been better than I could have possibly expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    He has a lot of good points, and it's not to say this team wouldn't be very competitive with a healthy team and a couple more key players. But injuries are going to be a big part of the game, and the Chiefs were relatively lucky in 2010 b/c it seemed like there were no key injuries, and every week the injury report contained maybe 2-3 guys.

The lack of depth is on Pioli. Simply put he makes most of the personnel decisions. Still, this team has been ill-prepared to play most weeks.
    Injuries are absolutely part of the game.

But, certain players are too important to lose, and expect positive results.

I think Charles is one of those guys that, his loss is far more comparable to losing Peyton Manning, or Aaron Rodgers, or Troy Polamalu.

And, while losing a single player, even one that is that unique, should not make this big of an impact, it has not been just that one player.

And the other players lost are not just random guys either.

It's Matt Cassel, (who also makes chicken salad) Eric Berry, (a monster starter on the defense) and Tony Moeaki.

And the shear quantity of other player losses is just overwhelming.

It's just too much to lose, and expect much.

We do have talented starters but alot of our backs ups are so so. Palko, our oline needs lots of work, I do not believe Cassel is our man and we may never find out if ol puss n boots Orton is really any good. I agree with Chief31 Haley has been delt a bad hand and has done ok with what he has had to work with. We need to build from this.

If you go back and look, after JC went down I predicted 6-10, 10-6 before then. I would love for us to get one more win and for Haley to return and see what he can do with a whole team. But if he can't pull just one more win, I will lean towards giving him the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Injuries are absolutely part of the game.

But, certain players are too important to lose, and expect positive results.

I think Charles is one of those guys that, his loss is far more comparable to losing Peyton Manning, or Aaron Rodgers, or Troy Polamalu.

And, while losing a single player, even one that is that unique, should not make this big of an impact, it has not been just that one player.

And the other players lost are not just random guys either.

It's Matt Cassel, (who also makes chicken salad) Eric Berry, (a monster starter on the defense) and Tony Moeaki.

And the shear quantity of other player losses is just overwhelming.

It's just too much to lose, and expect much.
    I will say this one more time THIS TEAM IS NOT JUST LOSEING IT'S NOT COMPETING.

Don't tell me this team can't compete we have seen it. EVEN AFTER THE INJURIES. Last week Pittsburgh. This team CAN COMPETE. THEY HAVE PROVEN IT. BUT THERE NOT FAR TO OFTEN. Haley deserves a pink slip for that. I don't think that asking a team to compete is to much to ask for.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    We do have talented starters but alot of our backs ups are so so. Palko, our oline needs lots of work, I do not believe Cassel is our man and we may never find out if ol puss n boots Orton is really any good. I agree with Chief31 Haley has been delt a bad hand and has done ok with what he has had to work with. We need to build from this.
    Almost all new coaches are dealt a bad hand, or they wouldn't be there! This year the problem is not winning, it's not competing. Haley rolled the dice, and it didn't go well. If his off-season plan would have worked, he would have gotten high reward. It didn't work, he gets the boot. It's a risk/reward world. He (and maybe his boss) have made some very bad choices and it's obvious they have not worked. The mear fact that Palko is our primary backup shows you bad decision making. We need a strong organization, and it's too bad, but Haley doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by chief31; 12-11-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Just fixing it so the quotes work

Well, Pioli has assembled a lot of serious talent. He's not going to go anywhere for quite a while. Haley is definitely on the bubble, though. I sometimes think he needs to go, then I think of another 2-3 years of restructuring for a new coach and I want to hang on to him and hope he can figure it out with a healthy team.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    and we should get Charles back,
    Torn ACL's on athletes such as Charles are VERY difficult to come back from - especially for a cutback type of runner that Charles is. I'm not saying he won't be back. I just don't think he'll ever be the same runner as he was before.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I could even accept that.
    But Haley keeps running the worst qb in the league out the instead of getting Stanzi some reps.

The Packers won it all last year with tons of injuries.
    If we had the same 5-8 record but had at least been in most our games, I would be ok with that, with all the injuries. But we have been blown out 5 times.

Theres not a coach in the NFL who would be safe with that outside of Bill Belicheck.
    Even Belicheck would be on the hotseat if he was coaching like that. But he wouldn't, he is a great coach.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast