Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Defend Haley now

Default Defend Haley now

I don't want to hear the injury BS. That's just an excuse. Injuries do keep you from winning they DON'T KEEP YOU FROM COMPETING. Just look at Houston. How many qbs have they been through. Are they getting blown out over and over like this team? THIS TEAM IS NOT COMPETEING.

Haley Keeps throw a QB that has PROVEN he can't do anything out there. Haley is not DOING HIS JOB putting this team in the best spot to win. HALEY NEEDS TO GO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Just watching Jack Harry and Frank Boal talking about the game and I think Jack is about to have an anuerism talking about how bad Haley is...lol. Frank Boal says rumor is
    Josh McDaniel's name is floating around but Boal says nobody wants McDaniels anywhere close to here but Haley has to go now. They said alot of irate fans calling for his head. Poor Jack;-P
    I want Haley gone too for the record, but only because he shows far too much favoritism with certain players and doesn't maximize talent or search elsewhere when there's no results.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Haley has this team, without most of it's talent, with five wins, where Herm had two wins.

And you never stopped believing in Herm.

But you were out for Haley's blood from the day he was hired.

My question is, are you aware of the severity of your bias in this matter? Or do you feel like you are giving an objective opinion?
    Herm Edwards never got to coach THIS team. The majority of the TALENT the Chiefs and your boy Todd Haley rely on to win were drafted by Edwards. Do you HONESTLY think Edwards had ANY talent on his teams? When Edwards took over, the Chiefs were the OLDEST TEAM in the league. The ONE year that he still had talent on the roster, he took them to the playoffs.

I've said this before... Dick Vermeil KNEW the window had closed on this team and he left a big pile of burning ashes in his wake with the enormous help of Carl Peterson. Peterson and Vermeil traded so many top draft picks to get players who were ready to win RIGHT NOW in hopes of getting Lamar a trophy before he passed. It didn't work. Go back and look at the drafts the Chiefs had while Vermeil was here. They were atrocious!

Edwards was brought in to oversee a massive rebuild, find talent, and nurture young players. Period. I got to talk to the guy for an hour while he was here calling a high school game for ESPN in SA. I asked him about EVERYTHING. I KNOW, WITHOUT A DOUBT what happened with that franchise during his tenure there and it's EXACTLY what I thought it was during those years. Edwards was nothing but a patsy.

Chiefs fans were so caught up in the epic offensive display of the early part of the decade and got so close to seeing another Super Bowl that they couldn't see the rotting of the foundation. When they said they were going to completely rebuild the franchise, what did you think that meant? Did you honestly expect a winning team? Even if Herm was still here, this team wouldn't have been ready for a serious run until 2011 at the EARLIEST! It takes time to completely rebuild through youth.

You act like Charles, Hali, Carr, Flowers, Bowe, Johnson, Albert, etc etc etc were all playing at the levels they are now while he was here. Of course the Chiefs were good last year... they played one of, if not THE easiest schedule in the league... WITHOUT any real injuries... AND STILL COULDN'T PREVENT BACK TO BACK BLOWOUTS AT THE END OF THE YEAR! Last year was fool's gold and you're a fool if you believe Todd Haley was responsible for the sudden uptick in defensive and offensive production when they had brought in real coaches like Crennel and Weis.

Basically, this team, even having lost it's most talented starters, and having had the offense discovered as being based on a false promise, STILL has more wins than in 2008, 2009 and 2010.

That is an impressive feat.

To improve this team, while losing so much talent, and to still have three more chances to win even more......

You want to fire the coach?

We have a very good defense. Not a miraculous defense... yet. But a very good one.

And the offense is better than it look. (Give us our starters back, and see.)

Plus, the offense will get a whole lot of serious attention during the offseason.

I look forward to seeing what we are capable in 2012.

I dread the thought of starting over again.
    A new coach does not mean starting over again. Pioli is going to bring someone in who will want to run a 3-4 defense... so there won't be a massive defensive overhaul like there was after Edwards had to rebuild because of lack of talent from old age... or Haley having to rebuild because Edwards had built for a 4-3 instead of a 3-4...

at least I HOPE Pioli would bring in a 3-4 minded HC... otherwise, Pioli should lose his job too. That's just stupid.

KCraised...

I am not that guy. I promise you that.

I just see things from different angles.

Todd Haley took over a bad team. And I despised him through his first year here.

I thought getting Matt Cassel was a total waste. I though Todd Haley was a terrible hire, right from the start.

Had this happened in 2010, nobody would have been louder than I, in calling for Haley's head.

But it didn't. He made chicken salad out of....

Well, you know the phrase.

And this season, I think he has done the same.

The hand he has been dealt here is just horrible.

And the results have been better than I could have possibly expected.
    I'M SORRY FOR THE SIZE, BUT THIS WHOLE STATEMENT DRIVES ME ABSOLUTE BATSHI# CRAZY!!! HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SIT HERE AND SAY HALEY GOT DEALT A BAD HAND AND TOOK OVER A BAD TEAM, BUT DON'T SAY THE SAME ABOUT EDWARDS???!!! THE BEST TALENT ON THIS TEAM IS FROM THE EDWARDS ERA!! CARL PETERSON DESTROYED THIS TEAM WITH DICK VERMEIL, LET IT GET RIDICULOUSLY OLD, THEN TASKED EDWARDS TO REBUILD THE FRANCHISE WITH ONE HAND TIED BEHIND HIS BACK BY SIGNING LARRY JOHNSON TO A STUPID EFFING CONTRACT AND YOU'RE GIVING TODD HALEY A PASS????

Your overall team evaluations are absolutely backward. With the young talent that was left on this team, along with a couple more solid drafts and free agent signings, this team could've been ready to compete for a Super Bowl this season... and doing so by winning difficult games on a first place schedule and not banking on 2012 where they'll have another last place schedule. Just like I said when Todd Haley and Scott Pioli were hired, anyone who comes in after this season is going to reap the benefits of what was left behind. When Haley gets fired, I don't care WHO gets hired next season, with Charles, Moeaki, and Berry back with another solid draft class and few key free agents paired with ANOTHER last place schedule, the next head coach is going to look like a freaking GOD compared to Haley and what happened this season... no doubt about it.

That doesn't change the fact that this team has lost 10 of it's last 15 games with scores like:
    31-0 Healthy
    31-10 Healthy
    30-7 Healthy
    41-7 Healthy
    48-3
    31-3
    17-10
    34-3
    13-9
    37-10

You act like this team pulled off some major feat last season when in fact, they got wins off teams like Jax, Cle, Buf, Arz, Sea, Stl, Den, SF, and Ten... only TWO of those teams boasts a winning record this year and NONE of them had a winning record last year. Hell, we even lost to a losing Texans and Broncos team along with a .500 Oakland team... TWICE. 9 of the 10 wins we had last year came against teams BELOW .500. The ONE win we got was opening night when SD couldn't figure out how to tackle on special teams. When it was finally time to face a .500 team during the last week... AT ARROWHEAD... what happened??? I'LL TELL YOU... WE GOT BLOWN THE #UCK OUT BY OUR MOST HATED DIVISION RIVAL FOR THE SECOND TIME!... But all was good... Todd Haley had the answers for us in the playoffs... he sure knows how to game plan... we roll into the playoffs with HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE... against a team ABOVE .500... guess what happened... THAT'S RIGHT, BLOWN THE #UCK OUT AGAIN 30-7.

THERE'S A PATTERN HERE AND NO INJURIES TO BLAME IT ON!

Todd Haley shouldn't just be fired for what has happened THIS season. He should be fired for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LINE of bull**** that he's pulled since he arrived in KC... not the least of which if firing his OC the week before the regular season started only to get BLOWN THE #UCK OUT by said OC this season when Haley still had a full deck to play with. The guy STILL can't work with anyone on the offensive side of the ball and can't score points to save his life. The only time we actually score points is when the defense either sets up great field position or scores on their own.

At some point, you need to realize, it's not the damn injuries... he's just not a good HC.

Ummmmm, Edwards took the Chiefs to the Playoffs with Vermeil's guys, not his. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Then tell me Why the dolphins who lost there starting QB were able to come into ARROWHEAD and win 31-3 a WINLESS Dolphins team? They had injuries shouldn't they have been pushovers.
    Who was their starting QB?

Charles is far more important to this offense than some Dolphins lackee is to theirs.

In fact, once whoever that guy is was out of the lineup, some nobody came in and showed that the QB was just bad, and getting rid of him proved to be a good thing.

Jamaal Charles was not some nobody, holding back The Chiefs offense.

It's like comparing a foot amputation to removal of a tumor.

You see how one is better than the other, right?

Then tell me why Denver lost THERE first 2 Rbs in the game had no time to adjust had there 3RD STRING guy come in and run all over our d. There offense lost 2 guys. Shouldn't they have been pushovers.
    The RBs in that offense don't really matter.

It's the blocking, and the scheme.

Just like when Priest Holmes went down with injury, and Larry Johnson stepped in.

THIS CAN NOT BE IGNORED. Haley is not doing his job. If we blindly just say well there were injuries when a guy IS CLEARLY not doing his job then we are going to be in 08 mode yet again. It was clear in 07 that Herm wasn't doing his job but since he had injuries to lj and such he was brought back. How did that work out? When a Head coach is CLEARLY not doing his job he needs to go for the betterment of the team.
    So, tell me something, what do YOU think the difference between The Colts, losing Peyton Manning, and The Dolphins, losing (Honestly, who was it?) is?

Please tell me you understant the difference between a great player, and a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Herm Edwards never got to coach THIS team. The majority of the TALENT the Chiefs and your boy Todd Haley rely on to win were drafted by Edwards. Do you HONESTLY think Edwards had ANY talent on his teams? When Edwards took over, the Chiefs were the OLDEST TEAM in the league. The ONE year that he still had talent on the roster, he took them to the playoffs.

I've said this before... Dick Vermeil KNEW the window had closed on this team and he left a big pile of burning ashes in his wake with the enormous help of Carl Peterson. Peterson and Vermeil traded so many top draft picks to get players who were ready to win RIGHT NOW in hopes of getting Lamar a trophy before he passed. It didn't work. Go back and look at the drafts the Chiefs had while Vermeil was here. They were atrocious!

Edwards was brought in to oversee a massive rebuild, find talent, and nurture young players. Period. I got to talk to the guy for an hour while he was here calling a high school game for ESPN in SA. I asked him about EVERYTHING. I KNOW, WITHOUT A DOUBT what happened with that franchise during his tenure there and it's EXACTLY what I thought it was during those years. Edwards was nothing but a patsy.

Chiefs fans were so caught up in the epic offensive display of the early part of the decade and got so close to seeing another Super Bowl that they couldn't see the rotting of the foundation. When they said they were going to completely rebuild the franchise, what did you think that meant? Did you honestly expect a winning team? Even if Herm was still here, this team wouldn't have been ready for a serious run until 2011 at the EARLIEST! It takes time to completely rebuild through youth.

You act like Charles, Hali, Carr, Flowers, Bowe, Johnson, Albert, etc etc etc were all playing at the levels they are now while he was here. Of course the Chiefs were good last year... they played one of, if not THE easiest schedule in the league... WITHOUT any real injuries... AND STILL COULDN'T PREVENT BACK TO BACK BLOWOUTS AT THE END OF THE YEAR! Last year was fool's gold and you're a fool if you believe Todd Haley was responsible for the sudden uptick in defensive and offensive production when they had brought in real coaches like Crennel and Weis.

A new coach does not mean starting over again. Pioli is going to bring someone in who will want to run a 3-4 defense... so there won't be a massive defensive overhaul like there was after Edwards had to rebuild because of lack of talent from old age... or Haley having to rebuild because Edwards had built for a 4-3 instead of a 3-4...

at least I HOPE Pioli would bring in a 3-4 minded HC... otherwise, Pioli should lose his job too. That's just stupid.

I'M SORRY FOR THE SIZE, BUT THIS WHOLE STATEMENT DRIVES ME ABSOLUTE BATSHI# CRAZY!!! HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SIT HERE AND SAY HALEY GOT DEALT A BAD HAND AND TOOK OVER A BAD TEAM, BUT DON'T SAY THE SAME ABOUT EDWARDS???!!! THE BEST TALENT ON THIS TEAM IS FROM THE EDWARDS ERA!! CARL PETERSON DESTROYED THIS TEAM WITH DICK VERMEIL, LET IT GET RIDICULOUSLY OLD, THEN TASKED EDWARDS TO REBUILD THE FRANCHISE WITH ONE HAND TIED BEHIND HIS BACK BY SIGNING LARRY JOHNSON TO A STUPID EFFING CONTRACT AND YOU'RE GIVING TODD HALEY A PASS????

Your overall team evaluations are absolutely backward. With the young talent that was left on this team, along with a couple more solid drafts and free agent signings, this team could've been ready to compete for a Super Bowl this season... and doing so by winning difficult games on a first place schedule and not banking on 2012 where they'll have another last place schedule. Just like I said when Todd Haley and Scott Pioli were hired, anyone who comes in after this season is going to reap the benefits of what was left behind. When Haley gets fired, I don't care WHO gets hired next season, with Charles, Moeaki, and Berry back with another solid draft class and few key free agents paired with ANOTHER last place schedule, the next head coach is going to look like a freaking GOD compared to Haley and what happened this season... no doubt about it.

That doesn't change the fact that this team has lost 10 of it's last 15 games with scores like:
    31-0 Healthy
    31-10 Healthy
    30-7 Healthy
    41-7 Healthy
    48-3
    31-3
    17-10
    34-3
    13-9
    37-10

You act like this team pulled off some major feat last season when in fact, they got wins off teams like Jax, Cle, Buf, Arz, Sea, Stl, Den, SF, and Ten... only TWO of those teams boasts a winning record this year and NONE of them had a winning record last year. Hell, we even lost to a losing Texans and Broncos team along with a .500 Oakland team... TWICE. 9 of the 10 wins we had last year came against teams BELOW .500. The ONE win we got was opening night when SD couldn't figure out how to tackle on special teams. When it was finally time to face a .500 team during the last week... AT ARROWHEAD... what happened??? I'LL TELL YOU... WE GOT BLOWN THE #UCK OUT BY OUR MOST HATED DIVISION RIVAL FOR THE SECOND TIME!... But all was good... Todd Haley had the answers for us in the playoffs... he sure knows how to game plan... we roll into the playoffs with HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE... against a team ABOVE .500... guess what happened... THAT'S RIGHT, BLOWN THE #UCK OUT AGAIN 30-7.

THERE'S A PATTERN HERE AND NO INJURIES TO BLAME IT ON!

Todd Haley shouldn't just be fired for what has happened THIS season. He should be fired for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LINE of bull**** that he's pulled since he arrived in KC... not the least of which if firing his OC the week before the regular season started only to get BLOWN THE #UCK OUT by said OC this season when Haley still had a full deck to play with. The guy STILL can't work with anyone on the offensive side of the ball and can't score points to save his life. The only time we actually score points is when the defense either sets up great field position or scores on their own.

At some point, you need to realize, it's not the damn injuries... he's just not a good HC.

I agree with almost all of this, but the best point you made was that about Haley don't work well with others,There is no excuse to come in here and stomp his feet and fire the OC in the first week, then play Haley ball and suck. Then we hire a REAL OC weis, and play very good offense and Haley gets his feelings hurt because the media starts talking about how well Weis is doing so he makes sure that Weis leaves, (in one way or another). Then we get another OC and Surprise Surprise! We play Haley ball again!!!! Very preditable Haley ball, TWO LITTLE OR NO GAIN RUNS, THAN A PASS SHORT OF THE FIRST RUN!!!!

This is the most piss poor play calls I have ever seen in my life! This guy is NO LEADER! HE COULDN'T LEAD A FAT KID TO MCDONALDS!

Cassel is no leader, neither is Packo the sacko, or Haley! these are very visual facts to anyone who knows anything about football.

For those who want to know what a leader looks like, look at Tebowe. He had nearly the whole world against him, actually is a terrible QB, but he believes in himself and his team. He has them motivated and winning! Now thats a LEADER!

You don't have to be good at what you do to be a leader, nor does being good at what you do make you a leader......................... I stole that one from George Washington.

Some people turn their heads and can't face the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I'M SORRY FOR THE SIZE, BUT THIS WHOLE STATEMENT DRIVES ME ABSOLUTE BATSHI# CRAZY!!! HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SIT HERE AND SAY HALEY GOT DEALT A BAD HAND AND TOOK OVER A BAD TEAM, BUT DON'T SAY THE SAME ABOUT EDWARDS???!!!
    Herm Edwards inheritted a 10-6 team, and proceeded to worsen that record each year he was here.

Todd Haley inherited a 2-14 team, and improved from there.

If not for the overachievments of 2010 raising the bar too far, and the devastation of player losses, then 2011 would have been another step in that direction.

I'll have to come back later to respond to the rest. A bit busy today.

So, tell me something, what do YOU think the difference between The Colts, losing Peyton Manning, and The Dolphins, losing (Honestly, who was it?) is?

Please tell me you understant the difference between a great player, and a nobody.
    The way I see it, when looking at the Indianapolis Colts, Jim Caldwell SHOULD BE FIRED. Bill Polian the front office emperor and his princely son SHOULD BE FIRED. With Peyton Manning being hurt, Polian has been exposed. When a team is building a roster you can do it one of two ways. You can build a "system" that is not determined by player X's performance but rather in essence the "sum of the parts". I believe New England follows this type of plan. Bill Polian took advante of having Peyton Manning at the helm and build a complete team around Manning...and yes, I mean from the offense to the defense. So when you take out that key component to the machine you have problems. All of the sudden a defense that was built on the premise that opponents will be behind and thus you have a lighter, pass rushing defensive line and rangy pass coverage linebackers. Then when all of the sudden you don't have a lead consistently, teams run the ball down the throat of your undersized defense.

Polian got caught because his moneymaker went down and the whole house of cards did also. And Jim Caldwell was simply a mannekin of a head coach...as long as Manning was running the offense, Caldwell just had to stand there and try and figure out when to call timeouts, etc. When the going got tough, Caldwell was basically exposed as someone who was ill-prepared to handle the pressure of trying to right a sinking ship. Plus, when Manning went down, the fact that there was a complete leadership vacuum was exposed as well. Players like Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark to name a few failed to step up but rather showed that Manning was the de facto leader.

I remember watching an interview with Wayne and Clark right before the game against the Saints....both Wayne and Clark went on and on about how Manning was able to make reads presnap and could do this and that....and then proceeded to talk about how they notice Curtis Painter misses the same things Manning would see. It struck me as a Manning-slobber fest..."We miss Peyton", when if those two "stars" were really leaders, they would have said something along the line "Yes, when a player like Peyton Manning goes down, that is hard to recover from, but Curtis Painter is our quarterback and we are going to rally around him".

So I will get off of my soapbox and stop bashing the Colts, but bottom line, I think the front office and the head coach need to go.

And with the Dolphins, they had more problems than just having Chad Henne go down for the season. They have some talent on the roster, but are not able to translate that on the field with any consistency. Is Tony Sparano going to get fired. I definitely think so. Is Jeff Ireland going to get fired. I don't think so. Is that 100% fair? Maybe not. But the fact remains when a team doesn't win, or can't show any consistency from week in to week out, the head coach is responsible.

I also think if we really want to look deeper, Clark Hunt should be blamed as well. He brought in Scott Pioli because of his perceived ability to install the same type of New England system...with the intent that Pioli can find the talent to compete at a lower cost...meaning, finding "diamonds in the rough". And I believe the fact that we are currently right around $30 million under the cap would attest to that. So Scott has more than likely tried to do his part by finding hidden gems in the street free agent market at the expense of NFL-level talent at key depth positions.

What concerns me about Haley and makes me question his mettle as a head coach is the failed scenario of the offensive plays trickling down from Muir through Haley and then Zorn to Cassel. That went on for a little while....I just don't know if Haley has the experience at this point in time to manage all of the responsibilities of being a head coach...and trusting the coaches you put in place to handle their respective responsibilities. Good coaching staffs get the most out of the talent on the roster. Good front offices make sure there is enough talent on the roster to be competitive despite injuries, etc. Pioli got caught in the frugal game of bankrolling all of that "extra" money that doesn't have to be spent this year with the lack of a salary floor. Haley is getting caught because he reminds me of how Obama is trying to handle his presidency....grasping for straws right now. It just seems that Haley just doesn't know what to do with our team.

I have been critical, but supportive of Haley. However, the fact that we aren't even the slightest bit competitive most games has me thinking that he may not be up to the job at hand. I think we should see how the season shakes out before he's sent packing, but we cannot close our eyes to the fact that, as of now, he can't coach this team to any consistent level. Even with some of our best guys down, he should be able to get something more out of these guys than he does. Every loss we've had we've looked like JV high schoolers. These players have won some good games this year, so there is no excuse why he can't at least look competitive in our losses. I hope we can pull out 2 more wins this year. Shoot, just one more win will make me feel better about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    The way I see it, when looking at the Indianapolis Colts, Jim Caldwell SHOULD BE FIRED. ........................
    Very well thought out post.

So, my friend got a new mitre saw a while back, and was really upset because it was junk. So I had him bring it over, and we would find out why it was so bad.

He does, and he plugs it in, and tries to cut a 2X4 I had laying around the garage.

After about twenty seconds of going at it with the 2X4, he has a long, burnt groove in th board.

I mean, it would eventually get throught there. But it is a brand new saw, it should go through like butter.

So, I investigate, and immediately discover that there is a major flaw here.

He is using a blade for metal cutting. No teeth at all.

So I get into my toolbox and whip out a brand new wood-cutting blade and write the words "Jamaal Charles" on it, and put it into where the blade belongs.

EUREKA! The saw works like a champ!

Now, I am no fool. I paid for my Jamaal Charles blade. So I am keeping it.

And, after hanging out for a while, my friend leaves with his saw, his blade, and no way to cut wood.

At least not until the hardware store opens tomorrow.

Now, he owns a wood-cutting blade. But it is a size too big, and does not fit into his saw.

You might have the greatest saw that has ever existed.

But, if you don't have a good blade, then it will not do what you need done, well.

We are without our saw blade, and have still been getting boards cut with our hand saw.

But if you expect the same kind of production as we would have given with the power saw, you will be dissapointed.

How dissapointed are you right now?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast