Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Defend Haley now

Default Defend Haley now

I don't want to hear the injury BS. That's just an excuse. Injuries do keep you from winning they DON'T KEEP YOU FROM COMPETING. Just look at Houston. How many qbs have they been through. Are they getting blown out over and over like this team? THIS TEAM IS NOT COMPETEING.

Haley Keeps throw a QB that has PROVEN he can't do anything out there. Haley is not DOING HIS JOB putting this team in the best spot to win. HALEY NEEDS TO GO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When you have a GM and a HC, you need to draw a line to divide tasks (responsibilities).
    Personnel: GM
    Contracts: GM
    Draft: GM
    HC: GM
    Coaching Staff: GM or HC?
    Game plan: HC
    Play calling: HC
    Overall gaming plan: HC
    And so on...

I think that Pioli is just as accountable as Haley.
    The game plan was to run a balanced offense? Get a decent backup QB and a decent backup RB.
    We need a better O-line? Get a few known names to help (or maybe let go your pro-bowl guard).

I don't think that anyone should be fired, why? They're trying to get us a long term wining team, and I still think is part of mid term plan not to get all the players that we can get. There is still major areas to improve tho. Is Haley the best HC we can get? I really don't know, but it can be worse. If Haley goes, Pioli goes with him, and I think that a new GM/HC combo will waste this team talent most precious years.

I'm really sick of 'Packers had a lot of injuries and still manage to win a SB' argument. Who was 2010 Chiefs best offensive weapon? Charles. Who was 2010 Packers best offensive weapon? Rodgers. Charles injury=Rodgers injury. If Packers can win a SB without Rodgers, I will gladly accept this argument.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So, my friend got a new mitre saw a while back, and was really upset because it was junk. So I had him bring it over, and we would find out why it was so bad.

He does, and he plugs it in, and tries to cut a 2X4 I had laying around the garage.

After about twenty seconds of going at it with the 2X4, he has a long, burnt groove in th board.

I mean, it would eventually get throught there. But it is a brand new saw, it should go through like butter.

So, I investigate, and immediately discover that there is a major flaw here.

He is using a blade for metal cutting. No teeth at all.

So I get into my toolbox and whip out a brand new wood-cutting blade and write the words "Jamaal Charles" on it, and put it into where the blade belongs.

EUREKA! The saw works like a champ!

Now, I am no fool. I paid for my Jamaal Charles blade. So I am keeping it.

And, after hanging out for a while, my friend leaves with his saw, his blade, and no way to cut wood.

At least not until the hardware store opens tomorrow.

Now, he owns a wood-cutting blade. But it is a size too big, and does not fit into his saw.

You might have the greatest saw that has ever existed.

But, if you don't have a good blade, then it will not do what you need done, well.

We are without our saw blade, and have still been getting boards cut with our hand saw.

But if you expect the same kind of production as we would have given with the power saw, you will be dissapointed.

How dissapointed are you right now?
    It's a nice analogy, but a bit off because we aren't talking about trying to play football in astronaut suits. They aren't trying to play football by a rugby playbook by accident. We are talking about being held to 4 total yards of offense by halftime...including minus 19 in the second quarter. That is unacceptable. You have to find a way to be competitive. I guess without a player like Jamaal Charles we should have petitioned the league to credit us, what 3 points or 7 points per game automatic advantage because we don't have Charles?

Todd Haley has not been able to show any improvement whatsoever on the offensive side of the ball, despite having the historical reputation of having led an explosive offensive attack in Arizona. He has been involved, not been involved, become involved...but the result is the same - absolute inconsistency and an lack of competitiveness.

And all of the penalties at the end of the game does show a collective loss of composure by the team..and by Haley. That's something I would expect the Raiders to do in the past. Not the Chiefs. I think it is a reflection of the team as a whole is not sure how to right the ship...and that includes Haley and the coaching staff, and I think the front office as well should not be sitting in the ivory castle looking down at the town going up in flames and shaking their heads in disgust.

I think his expertise in Arizona was padded by having a true HOF quarterback in Werner. A truly great QB can make an OC and HC look like geniuses when they're really barely qualified to coach at a junior college. Look at Indy and Arizona, before and after. But a good coach knows how to get the best effort out of his players and at least compete even without a star QB. The whole question is, from what we've seen this year, is Haley the coach that can lead the team to greatness, or does his leadership falter and the team fall apart everytime there's an injury?
    Last edited by azchiefsfan; 12-12-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I think his expertise in Arizona was padded by having a true HOF quarterback in Werner. A truly great QB can make an OC and HC look like geniuses when they're really barely qualified to coach at a junior college. Look at Indy and Arizona, before and after. But a good coach knows how to get the best effort out of his players and at least compete even without a star QB. The whole question is, from what we've seen this year, is Haley the coach that can lead the team to greatness, or does his leadership falter and the team fall apart everytime there's an injury?
    Personally, I think he is a good offensive coordinator, but might have a hard time balancing all of the responsibilities that come with being a head coach....call it becoming overwhelmed. Add to that, the fact that he is still keeping his hands in the cookie jar when it comes to the offensive plays...largely because Bill Muir, who Haley appointed to OC, seems to be a failure.

Haley was fired.
    The best Chilean fan.

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    Haley was fired.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    Haley was fired.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    Huh?
    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...1-8038582a3270
    The best Chilean fan.

HOLY S****!!!!!!!! Who's the coach now???

Looks like this debate is over.

Chiefs fire Todd Haley | ProFootballTalk

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast