4/5. KC 5-11 SOS .479
6. Phi 5-11 SOS .491
7. CLE 5-11 SOS .497
8. Buf 5-11 SOS .503
9. Mia 5-11 SOS .509
10. Jax 5-11 SOS .533
11. TB 5-11 SOS .550
12. Was 6-9 SOS .479

This is a list of the teams currently with worse records or tied with the Chiefs and where I think the records will end up at the end of the season. If it weren't for Cutler getting injured the week before we played Chicago and then them losing Forte along with a fluke hail-mary, we'd end the season with just 4 wins. This team/organization has given up on the season and doesn't show any signs of life. Green Bay, then back to back with division leaders dying for a playoff spot doesn't bode well for this lame Chiefs team. I've got a lot of teams sitting at 5-11. That's just a coincidence, as I looked at all their schedules, I could only see one or fewer wins in each of their respective schedules.

When there's a tie among records when it comes to draft position, the first tie-breker is strength of schedule. I indicated strength of schedule with "SOS." The number next to the SOS is the respective team's opponent's winning percentage... which, equals the strength of schedule rank. If things end the way I'm projecting and assuming that the SOS doesn't change (which it will), the Chiefs should end up in a coin-toss with the Panthers for the 4th and 5th spots.

You have to think the Colts will trade either the pick or Peyton Manning. I see too much Eli Manning not going to San Diego in all this BS with Andrew Luck. Archie is going to make sure Luck and Peyton aren't on the same teams. Indy could just pass on Luck and go with a completely different position altogether. I think they'll trade down but it's impossible to say how far down they'll go. If things stay as they are and the Colts pass on Luck and keep Peyton, Luck could actually fall to Kansas City. You've got Peyton in Indy, Bradford in StL, Ponder in Minn, and Newton in Carolina. If the word gets out that Luck could fall to Kansas City, there's going to be a mad rush to trade with one of the top 4 spots to jump in front of KC.

If Luck is who the Chiefs want, they could easily jump to #2 ahead of Minnesota and remove all chance of him being picked by Minnesota. In my prediction, the worse case scenario for the Chiefs is picking 5th. But even if that happens, you've still got Bradford and Newton ahead of you... meaning you've got at least 2 teams who aren't interested in a QB... and that's even assuming the Colts are done with the BEST QB in the history of the game... and if that indeed happens, the Chiefs are STILL left with one of either Luck, Barkley, or the Heisman winner if they want to take a QB!

If there were EVER a year to take a QB high in the draft, it's THIS year. The rookie contracts are not even HALF of what they use to be and this is perhaps the deepest crop of QBs this league has seen in more than a decade. Even if Cassel was playing at his absolute peak at the moment, you've STILL got to consider taking a QB and grooming him at the VERY LEAST... HELL, the Colts have the best QB EVER and they're still probably going to take Luck... and he didn't even win the Heisman!!

The more I think about this and look at the current situation the Chiefs are in, the more I think Pioli's job is dependent on him taking a chance on a possible franchise QB if the Chiefs do, in fact, land a top 5 draft pick... not to mention, we're probably going to be getting a new head coach who will probably want his own pick at QB.

Not that I'm advocating him as our new HC... but we already know Josh McDaniel is willing to pull the trigger on a first round QB... and I believe he's going to be here next season.