Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley Fired

Default Todd Haley Fired

It's official on the Chiefs website...Donezo:

HALEY RELIEVED OF DUTIES

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    And the "what have you done for me lately" teams tend to suck for a very long time.

When you fire guys every other season, and start over with the next guy, you suck.

Oh yes.... Tell me all about Jim Harbaugh, and the other very rare exceptions.

But, when you change coaching staffs frequently, you better be expecting to get lots of high draft picks.

I hope we are planning on giving our next HC a better chance than what Haley got.
    I agree with this... except the last sentence.

I hope our next HC DESERVES a better chance. Hell, you even documented all the issues he had with players as soon as he got here. Forget the Chiefs record. My issues with him have almost NOTHING to do with the Chiefs record this year. Think about all the eyebrow raising BS you've read about Haley since he got here. It's NOT about Xs and Os as much as he's just an a$$hole who doesn't DESERVE to be given the benefit of the doubt considering his track record. If his attitude were different, I would probably be right there with you defending him... but if you're honest with yourself and you sat down and listed all the pros and cons of Todd Haley as the head coach of this team, you'll see why he no longer has a job at Arrowhead.

Heck, I've been more than patient. I'll continue to root for my Chiefs. Whatever they do, this time I hope they do their due diligence and get it right. Pioli is on thin ice with me. His next HC hire better prove worthy because he will not be able to hide behind two bad coaching decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    10 wins... 9 of them against teams with losing records. A perfect storm of players developing and perhaps the easiest schedule this league has seen in years=fluke... ESPECIALLY with Haley as the HC.
    Chiefs 4-0 against the NFC west

Everyone eles 2-2 THAT's WHERE THE divison was won. The Chiefs earned that AFC west title and haley was a part of that. This year hes sucked but last year he did a good job,
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    And the "what have you done for me lately" teams tend to suck for a very long time.

When you fire guys every other season, and start over with the next guy, you suck.

Oh yes.... Tell me all about Jim Harbaugh, and the other very rare exceptions.

But, when you change coaching staffs frequently, you better be expecting to get lots of high draft picks.

I hope we are planning on giving our next HC a better chance than what Haley got.
    I agree with your concept that you need consistancy. We did not have that with Haley. He could not get along with his coaching staff, which is why we have a different OC every year. And therefore have the same problem with him or without him. Let's get a coach that understands leadership, coaching and build a long term successful organization.

Pioli is most likely on a short leash himself. He screwed up. He brought in the wrong HC for this team. If he did it once - he can certainly do it again.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Not sure it would really cause that many problems. I think our front 4 would easily make the transition.

The DL would be: Hali, TJ, Dorsey, and Houston or Gilberry. All of those guys played in the 4-3 in college, and TJ and Dorsey supposedly would be better suited for that offense.

The LB would be the problems. DJ could go back to being an OLB in the 4-3, where he has spent most of his career. Belcher/Siler (I think he is a FA)/Williams at ILB. Then the only real question mark is who would be the other OLB Studebaker? Sheffield? A new Free agent or draft pick?
    Yeah, I don't think a move back to a 4-3 would be that big of a deal. After 3 offseasons, the Chiefs STILL don't have a good NT... which, should have been priority #1 once they made the decision. They've done very little to mold the defense into a 3-4 specific defense. Whether they stay in 3-4 or revert to the 4-3, the LBs need to be upgraded regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Chiefs 4-0 against the NFC west

Everyone eles 2-2 THAT's WHERE THE divison was won. The Chiefs earned that AFC west title and haley was a part of that. This year hes sucked but last year he did a good job,
    Thank you for proving my point. What was the best record in the NFC West last year again? Other teams falling on their face against a weak division isn't to the credit of Todd Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I agree with your concept that you need consistancy. We did not have that with Haley. He could not get along with his coaching staff, which is why we have a different OC every year. And therefore have the same problem with him or without him. Let's get a coach that understands leadership, coaching and build a long term successful organization.
    Great post.

Yeah, exactly. Haley couldn't keep his hand out of the cookie jar in regards to the offensive play calling. His fingerprints were all over the game. He never could accept that he can't micro manage the team like that, and so he chased away two great OCs. Jesus, I'd take Weiss, Crennel and ANY HC over Muir and Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yeah, I don't think a move back to a 4-3 would be that big of a deal. After 3 offseasons, the Chiefs STILL don't have a good NT... which, should have been priority #1 once they made the decision. They've done very little to mold the defense into a 3-4 specific defense. Whether they stay in 3-4 or revert to the 4-3, the LBs need to be upgraded regardless.
    I am not a proponent of using big name FA to improve the team ... except when you are one or two players away from being great, or to fill a small need that suddenly arose from a player leaving the team (due to FA or career ending injury). Otherwise FA should be used for maintaining depth, IMO.

For that reason, I think (no matter what defense we go to) we need to pick up some LBs. If we stay 3-4, we need to get a GOOD and young ILB. If we go 4-3, then we could use an ILB, and maybe an OLB.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast