Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley Fired

Default Todd Haley Fired

It's official on the Chiefs website...Donezo:

HALEY RELIEVED OF DUTIES

Make no mistake about it, Josh McDaniel will be on this teams staff as the OC or the HC. I honestly believe it is simply a matter af time before it happens. The Pioli ties are there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Make no mistake about it, Josh McDaniel will be on this teams staff as the OC or the HC. I honestly believe it is simply a matter af time before it happens. The Pioli ties are there.....
    OC would be fine but not HC.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    I would say that my issue with Pioli is that by appearances he is determined to emulate the "Patriot Way"....the wrong way. The "Patriot Way" should be a system philosophy that isn't limited to people that were employed BY the Patriots, either as coaches or players..or by being limited consideration to coaches that a GM has worked with.

We need to build our own identity...or own legacy. And I would think the "Patriot Way" is not limited to former New England personnel...but rather can be successful if you build a team the same way. That's what first bugged me about Pioli coming in and immediately saying we are changing from a 4-3 to 3-4...before even bringing in the coaching staff or having time to evaluate the current personnel at the time. And by appearances it was because he is familar with 3-4 personnel....and IMO, a good GM has a diverse understanding of player abilities, etc. and is not limited to scouting "this type of player, or that type of player". As a GM, you hire a head coach that you feel will take the team in the right direction...which should be fielding a consistently competitive team. Let him determine the coaching staff...and then start building the team based on that...while balancing what you have on the roster to maximize their production.

Pioli seems to feel that the only way to truly emulate the "Patriot Way" is literally with former Patriots...when IMO it should be finding people whether they coach(ed) for Green Bay, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, etc.

I don't think the "Patriot Way" is one set type of offense or one set defense. Bill Belichick proved that this offseason when he trashed the Fairbanks-Bullough 3-4 system that granddaddy Parcells used and went with a 4-3. And on the offensive side of the ball he showed he can be innovative by going with the tight-end sets.

Pioli needs to get the memo...the "Patriot Way" is more of a state-of-mind than a physical assembling of former Patriot people...what, do they have some special mark or something? LOL
    Couldn't have said it better myself. IMO, it shows a lack of true leadership by Pioli to be able to mold this franchise into a winner if he's going to solely rely on people with Patriot ties. It's HIS responsibility to find good coaching and personnel fits for the franchise and then indoctrinate the "Chiefs way" into their brains.

Pioli seems to be trying to force square pegs into round holes. Haley shouldn't even be an OC... let alone a head coach... and that goes for most of the coaches coming out of New England... they're not ready to move up in position yet. All these other teams are so ready to pick apart the Patriot coaching staff assuming they're all ready for advancement... that's not the case. McDaniel shouldn't be a HC, Mangini, Haley, Crennel, Weis... NONE of them should be head coaches.

This Patriot obsession around the league is spreading like a virus and Kansas City is the epicenter of all the madness. I didn't think Pioli would be a good hire and it's starting to show, unfortunately.

If you go back before Pioli was hired, I was actually hoping Hunt would get the group that now currently resides in Detroit. Oh well. Like I said, I'm not giving up on Pioli. I've said before that I think a GM should be given 7-10 years before forming a definite opinion one way or the other.

Pioli has the means and ability to get out of this mess. The Chiefs are going to have one of the best records in the league next year thanks to the sudden infusion of talent and a last place schedule. All will be forgiven after a stellar 2012 season, but those who know where to look will be watching in 2013 to see if '12 was a fluke year like '10 was only because of a last place schedule... although, I'm sure there are those on this board who will think the next coach is some amazing guru because "he took a 5-11 team and took them to the playoffs the next season."

No matter who the coach is next season, don't chase the fools gold of 2012. Make the Chiefs EARN your trust and don't follow blinded by one winning season.

i'm beginning to miss Marty & Carl
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. IMO, it shows a lack of true leadership by Pioli to be able to mold this franchise into a winner if he's going to solely rely on people with Patriot ties. It's HIS responsibility to find good coaching and personnel fits for the franchise and then indoctrinate the "Chiefs way" into their brains.

Pioli seems to be trying to force square pegs into round holes. Haley shouldn't even be an OC... let alone a head coach... and that goes for most of the coaches coming out of New England... they're not ready to move up in position yet. All these other teams are so ready to pick apart the Patriot coaching staff assuming they're all ready for advancement... that's not the case. McDaniel shouldn't be a HC, Mangini, Haley, Crennel, Weis... NONE of them should be head coaches.

This Patriot obsession around the league is spreading like a virus and Kansas City is the epicenter of all the madness. I didn't think Pioli would be a good hire and it's starting to show, unfortunately.

If you go back before Pioli was hired, I was actually hoping Hunt would get the group that now currently resides in Detroit. Oh well. Like I said, I'm not giving up on Pioli. I've said before that I think a GM should be given 7-10 years before forming a definite opinion one way or the other.

Pioli has the means and ability to get out of this mess. The Chiefs are going to have one of the best records in the league next year thanks to the sudden infusion of talent and a last place schedule. All will be forgiven after a stellar 2012 season, but those who know where to look will be watching in 2013 to see if '12 was a fluke year like '10 was only because of a last place schedule... although, I'm sure there are those on this board who will think the next coach is some amazing guru because "he took a 5-11 team and took them to the playoffs the next season."

No matter who the coach is next season, don't chase the fools gold of 2012. Make the Chiefs EARN your trust and don't follow blinded by one winning season.
    Our 2012 schedule will not be nearly as easy as 2010.

We will get Raiders (7-6) X2; Broncos (8-5) X2; Chargers (6-7) X2, Steelers (10-3), Ravens (10-3), Bengals (7-6), Browns (4-9), Saints (10-3), Falcons (8-5), Panthers (4-9), Buccaneers (4-9) and, as of now..... Colts w/Manning (0-13) and Dolphins (4-9)

103-105.

That's nine games against teams who are currently above .500, and the return of Peyton Manning.

That leaves six games against teams with losing records, who are not going to add Peyton Manning next year. And one of those has the fast-rising Cam Newton.

Not to mention, The Dolphins, who are 4-2 the last six weeks, and only one point from having gone 5-1 over that stretch.

If this team makes the playoffs against that schedule, I don't think the word "fluke" will be valid.

But, starting with a new staff, I expect to struggle for the first half of the season. So, unless the rest of our division decides to be as wishy-washy as they have been this year, and last, any shot at the playoffs could be gone by this point of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

We will get Raiders (7-6) X2; Broncos (8-5) X2; Chargers (6-7) X2, Steelers (10-3), Ravens (10-3), Bengals (7-6), Browns (4-9), Saints (10-3), Falcons (8-5), Panthers (4-9), Buccaneers (4-9) and, as of now..... Colts w/Manning (0-13) and Dolphins (4-9)

103-105.

That's nine games against teams who are currently above .500, and the return of Peyton Manning.

That leaves six games against teams with losing records, who are not going to add Peyton Manning next year. And one of those has the fast-rising Cam Newton.

Not to mention, The Dolphins, who are 4-2 the last six weeks, and only one point from having gone 5-1 over that stretch.

If this team makes the playoffs against that schedule, I don't think the word "fluke" will be valid.

But, starting with a new staff, I expect to struggle for the first half of the season. So, unless the rest of our division decides to be as wishy-washy as they have been this year, and last, any shot at the playoffs could be gone by this point of 2013.
    I thought you were the blog optimist

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    I am now officially on the Jeff Fisher bandwagon!
    Jeff Fisher is the ultimate prize for all teams this offseason. I can't believe the chiefs are back in the coaching hunt! I want some someone more upbeat than Todd Haley. His monotone voice could suck the life out of a press conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I posted it somewhere else but fisher is our guy. A member of the xhiefs organization had mentioned it in august a catering function ky brother and i did.
    Fingers crossed. And he has historically run a 4-3. That would create some interesting personel decisions......AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I don't think McDaniel would be any worse than Haley... they're the EXACT SAME COACH. If Pioli indeed liked what Haley was doing from a coaching standpoint, he should hire McDaniel. He's Haley without the volatile personality.
    Gotta agree here, Haley and McDanieks are very similar. Please dint hire Josh. There are qualified people available.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

103-105.

Yea well they fired their HC too! I must say I just got home and I was somewhat suprised by what I heard. Not shocked, but suprised. Now what is funny is all the names people like williamson and them are coming up with. McDaniels? I just dont see that at all, He did not do well in Denver and he's not doing so good now. This is just a wait and see and hope for the best. Time to move on.....

i can't believe im seeing people say why did we get rid of haley?they are also saying i will miss him,oh he did a good job,we shoulda gave him another year,...are you kidding me,this cancer ruined our team this year.palko should have never been on the football field,better yet he should have never been on the roster,.haley did not get along with his players either,ive been to enough games the last two years to see that.if your players hate you they are not going to play for you.he is not a head coach for sure,and don't expect cowher to be here either,he would go to a more built team than a messed up team like the chiefs.i just hope we get someone decent for our next head coach

Quote Originally Posted by kcnation View Post
    i can't believe im seeing people say why did we get rid of haley?they are also saying i will miss him,oh he did a good job,we shoulda gave him another year,...are you kidding me,this cancer ruined our team this year.palko should have never been on the football field,better yet he should have never been on the roster,.haley did not get along with his players either,ive been to enough games the last two years to see that.if your players hate you they are not going to play for you.he is not a head coach for sure,and don't expect cowher to be here either,he would go to a more built team than a messed up team like the chiefs.i just hope we get someone decent for our next head coach
    10-6, then 5-11, without his most important players?

He did a good job, record-wise.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast