Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Talking about josh mcdaniels as coach on nfl network

Default Talking about josh mcdaniels as coach on nfl network

Oh god no

God no!!!!

I would be ok with it.

I will say I will take McDaniels over a college coach name me the last coach that came from college to do well in the NFL.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Heeeeere comes Kirk Ferentz!

I will not label myself as a Chiefs fan any longer is McDaniels becomes our HC, I don't even think OC would make me happy.

Tom Brady made him look better than he is. He single handily tore apart the Denver Franchise because of his EGO (we thought Haley had a big ego, watch out if McDaniels comes here) and also he is with St. Louis this year, and they have the lowest point total IN THE LEAGUE!! Averaging like 13 pts per game!! we already have this problem, we don't need to bring him in and stay the same.

The only College coach I could see us landing would be Ferentz. I could see us going a veteran coaching route, but not one like Cowher that would want control of personnel decisions. I could see us also promoting Romeo to HC and D coordinator, and finding a proven OC to lead our offense.

I also think Cassel is done, usually with a HC change comes a QB change....

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I will not label myself as a Chiefs fan any longer is McDaniels becomes our HC, I don't even think OC would make me happy.

Tom Brady made him look better than he is. He single handily tore apart the Denver Franchise because of his EGO (we thought Haley had a big ego, watch out if McDaniels comes here) and also he is with St. Louis this year, and they have the lowest point total IN THE LEAGUE!! Averaging like 13 pts per game!! we already have this problem, we don't need to bring him in and stay the same.

The only College coach I could see us landing would be Ferentz. I could see us going a veteran coaching route, but not one like Cowher that would want control of personnel decisions. I could see us also promoting Romeo to HC and D coordinator, and finding a proven OC to lead our offense.

I also think Cassel is done, usually with a HC change comes a QB change....
    Cassel is Pioli's guy, but I do like Landry Jones he makes quick decisions which is what we need with our crap O-line, bud I don't think he will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Cassel is Pioli's guy, but I do like Landry Jones he makes quick decisions which is what we need with our crap O-line, bud I don't think he will be available.
    Actually I disagree, what better way to not admit making a mistake than saying well...I wanted to keep Matt but *insert new coach name here* insisted that he have his own guy brought in.

Pioli gets to blame any mistakes he made on Haley AND either get rid of Cassel or just say we kept him as backup or a challenge to the newly drafted QB.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 12-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Actually I disagree, what better way to not admit making a mistake than saying well...I wanted to keep Matt but *insert new coach name here* insisted that he have his own guy brought in.

Pioli gets to blame any mistakes he made on Haley AND either get rid of Cassel or just say we kept him as backup or a challenge to the newly drafted QB.
    I agree with your statement but I actually think Pioli likes Cassel, wants to keep him, and does not think he made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I will say I will take McDaniels over a college coach name me the last coach that came from college to do well in the NFL.
    Isnt San Francisco's Head Coach one year out of college?

Just saw this quote (trying to track down a link):

Scott Pioli: I need to do my job better, improve the roster and improve the depth of this football team.

Hiring Josh McDaniels is NOT a way for Pioli to do his job better.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast