Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Talking about josh mcdaniels as coach on nfl network

Default Talking about josh mcdaniels as coach on nfl network

Oh god no

Whoever it is, I think keeping Crennel on as DC will be a part of the deal. The last thing the brass will want to do is bring in a new DC that might not run the 3-4 when we've been showing good progress on that side of the ball.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !

HE!! NOOOOOOOLL
    I'm a little dyslexic

What, precisely, is it that we all hate about McDaniel?

I see a poor W/L record for just under two years with The Broncos....

And I see a lame offense in his only season with The Rams.

He got rid of Marshall and Culter, who were both outplayed by their replacements under McDaniels.

Oh, he traded away Peyton Hillis. So what? Hillis got some yards in 2010.

I mean, I get that some may think he has not done very well.

But, by the outcry here, I can't help but wonder if he was sleeping with some of our wives, or something.

He had The Broncos passing attack at the front of the class last year.

And that was only his second year of a rebuild. I thought three years was the rule for passing judgement?

Seriously, what is it that has so many of us ready to jump off a cliff over this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

He got rid of Marshall and Culter, who were both outplayed by their replacements under McDaniels.

But, by the outcry here, I can't help but wonder if he was sleeping with some of our wives, or something.

And that was only his second year of a rebuild. I thought three years was the rule for passing judgement?

Seriously, what is it that has so many of us ready to jump off a cliff over this guy?
    My problem is that he had teams with a complete lack of discipline. I remember there was a player or two who got into legal trouble (cant remember specifics) and the whole videotaping thing. Whether he condoned the spying or not, it happened under his watch. In the military (which I am in) something happens under your watch it is your fault, period.

From the perspective of being on the outside, he didnt seem to command the respect and control of the team.

That and he still smells like Donkey to me ... LOL

I agree with you here. SHOCKING I NO LOL

He got a head coaching job to early. He was not ready. That doesn't mean that he can't be a good head coach. He made a ton of mistakes yes. But he also did some good things. There are a lot of guys there the he brought in that are part of the reason that they are winning football games. He took Tebow who just finds a way to win games at the end. They have a young WR in Thomas that is getting better. He did some good things. He didn't even get 2 full seasons as a head coach. He CAN be good. If we bring him in it CAN turn out to be good.

I myself would rather have Mcdaniles then any coach out of college. College coaches just don't turn out well in the NFL. I can't think of the last time that it worked.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I myself would rather have Mcdaniles then any coach out of college. College coaches just don't turn out well in the NFL. I can't think of the last time that it worked.
    It CAN work out well for college coaches. The key is college coaches that have experience in the NFL.

Jim Harbaugh seems to be doing a great job. Without a whole lot of personnel changes, he made San Fran VERY competitive.

I dont know college football very well, but everyone supposedly has been recruiting Ferentz out of Iowa. He has NFL experience as an assistant coach.

Im not sure how Ferentz would do in the NFL, but I dont think McDonkey is a very good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    It CAN work out well for college coaches. The key is college coaches that have experience in the NFL.

Jim Harbaugh seems to be doing a great job. Without a whole lot of personnel changes, he made San Fran VERY competitive.

I dont know college football very well, but everyone supposedly has been recruiting Ferentz out of Iowa. He has NFL experience as an assistant coach.

Im not sure how Ferentz would do in the NFL, but I dont think McDonkey is a very good coach.
    Someone brought up Harbaugh earlier, as a name of a college coach who has done well in The NFL.....

The thing with Harbaugh is that he was never really a college coach.

He was always working his way toward an NFL job.

He is not the usual successful college HC.

Someone brought up Harbaugh earlier, as a name of a college coach who has done well in The NFL.....

The thing with Harbaugh is that he was never really a college coach.

He was always working his way toward an NFL job.

He is not the usual successful college HC.
    Very true. But the key (and I think you are agreeing with me on this) is a college coach with NFL experience on his resume. Im not advocating a college coach (I dont watch College football outside of the Naval Academy), but I am saying we shouldnt rule it out.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree with you here. SHOCKING I NO LOL

He got a head coaching job to early. He was not ready. That doesn't mean that he can't be a good head coach. He made a ton of mistakes yes. But he also did some good things. There are a lot of guys there the he brought in that are part of the reason that they are winning football games. He took Tebow who just finds a way to win games at the end. They have a young WR in Thomas that is getting better. He did some good things. He didn't even get 2 full seasons as a head coach. He CAN be good. If we bring him in it CAN turn out to be good.

I don't really see much of a problem with most of his "mistakes".

He got rid of Brandon Marshall. So what?

He got rid of Jay Cutler. So what? He got Orton, and a pair of 1st round picks.

He got rid of Payton Hillis. Again.... So what?

Looks like the "disaster" he left in Denver is not so bad.

Tebow is winning in spite of the new coaching staff and front office, who had zero faith in him.

They are alone in first place, and have won seven of their last eight games with him.

What else?

All of his "mistakes" are looking pretty good right now.

The only things I have heard, that make any sense, are that his team didn't seem to be very disciplined, and that he was with The Broncos.

And only the discipline matter makes any difference to how well he might do here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast