Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romeo Interm

Default Romeo Interm

ESPN said Romeo is interm

That's what I figured. I would have preferred to have had Jim Zorn serve as the interim head coach, so Crennel could continue to work with the defense closely.

I think it's pretty much in the tea leaves now....Pioli's "Patriot Way" Plan is in full force..Crennel is going to coach the remainder of the season, then Pioli's buddy Josh McDaniels is going to be hired as the head coach...Crennel is moved back to defensive coordinator and we have one big, happy Patriot family.

I bet Bill Belichick is sitting back smiling fondly at what he has created.

Josh McDaniels would be an unmitigated disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    That's what I figured. I would have preferred to have had Jim Zorn serve as the interim head coach, so Crennel could continue to work with the defense closely.

I think it's pretty much in the tea leaves now....Pioli's "Patriot Way" Plan is in full force..Crennel is going to coach the remainder of the season, then Pioli's buddy Josh McDaniels is going to be hired as the head coach...Crennel is moved back to defensive coordinator and we have one big, happy Patriot family.

I bet Bill Belichick is sitting back smiling fondly at what he has created.
    I don't see Mcdaniels coming here. St. Louis' offense hasn't been exactly lighting it up, and of course, he was fired in Denver. A decent coordinator - but a worthless HC - just like Haley.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I don't see Mcdaniels coming here. St. Louis' offense hasn't been exactly lighting it up, and of course, he was fired in Denver. A decent coordinator - but a worthless HC - just like Haley.
    Yeah, I would agree, but I get the feeling that "Patriot" blood is thicker than water. Pioli seems to be intent on creating a carbon copy of Foxboro in Kansas City. I swear it's like he is sitting there looking at a New England photo album or something.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    Yeah, I would agree, but I get the feeling that "Patriot" blood is thicker than water. Pioli seems to be intent on creating a carbon copy of Foxboro in Kansas City. I swear it's like he is sitting there looking at a New England photo album or something.
    Blah blah blah, what has happened on this team to make anyone think that Pioli is building this team the way the Patriot were built? On top of that, the Patriots are consistently a good team, what is wrong with the way that team is built?

When Pioli first got here, he brought with him a number of players that he knew that the Patriots were finished with, a number of players that I am sure he felt would make a good impression and be a good addition for a very young team. That is not saying he wants everything to come out of New England.

McDaniels made some serious mistakes in Denver, huge mistakes that the team is still trying to recover from, those mistakes are not lightly forgotten and will stay with him for many years. If Pioli does bring him in, personnel decisions like the ones he made in Denver are going to not be given over to him, and that is not a good place for a head coach to be.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Crennel, McDaniels, Zorn OR Pioli are not the answers.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Crennel take over as HC and we bring in a good OC like Pete Carmichael JR from New Orleans (has done an awesome job with Brees, and Sproles would love to see what he could do with a QB we draft, and McCluster, not to mention our receiving Corps) (or Promote Zorn)

I don't want McDaniels here PERIOD (not as HC, OC, or QB coach...Tom Brady made McDaniels look good, just like he makes all of the WR's/TE's in New England look good. McDaniels has yet to show any success since leaving NE)

Our D has been playing fairly well recently which is why I could see Crennel getting the promotion (yesterday not so much, but we need both sides of the ball to be able to pull for the other if they have an off day)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Crennel take over as HC and we bring in a good OC like Pete Carmichael JR from New Orleans (has done an awesome job with Brees, and Sproles would love to see what he could do with a QB we draft, and McCluster, not to mention our receiving Corps) (or Promote Zorn)

I don't want McDaniels here PERIOD (not as HC, OC, or QB coach...Tom Brady made McDaniels look good, just like he makes all of the WR's/TE's in New England look good. McDaniels has yet to show any success since leaving NE)

Our D has been playing fairly well recently which is why I could see Crennel getting the promotion (yesterday not so much, but we need both sides of the ball to be able to pull for the other if they have an off day)
    Crennel was not worth a damn as HC in Cleveland.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I just hope they keep the term "interm" on that title. He blows as a HC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast