Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Who should be our next head coach thread!

Default Unofficial Who should be our next head coach thread!

I think we should have one thread for all of them.

Who do you think should be and who do you want?

I would like to see Bill Cohwer back here at first choice. As a head coach he is 149–90–1

But if Cohwer can't make it here, then Jeff Fisher would be the ideal man here.He is 146-120 as a head coach, not as good, but he is a pretty respectable head coach in my eyes. The only reason he got fired is cause of the owner wanting this and not that.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Not sure who I like the most - perhaps Gruden - but I know folks I would NOT want to see: Haley (duh), McDaniels, Crennel. Whoever is hired, just please, please, please either bring in a DC to run a 4-3 or get the right people to run a 3-4.
    I am as opposed to you on this, as possible.

Cowher. but if he comes back we may have to fight the fins. they want him bad !!!

otherwise Fisher. lot of exerience as HC. and he knows how to get things done.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am leaning this way myself.

I have such high hopes for 2012. Firing Haley throws it all out of whack. But keeping stability with Crennel salvages a whole lot of that.

And I think the minimal shake-up that would be caused by McDaniels is also a favorable trait of that prospect.
    Another benefit of having Crennel as HC, is it means you can get a young up-and-comer as the DCoordinator. Romeo can still have his hands on the defense for awhile until he trusts the new guy completely. You just have to hit it big time with the OC. Preferably someone who has experience with grooming good QBs.

Since Cowher told ESPN he's not interested in coaching in 2012, I am leaning toward Crennel, also. But we would have to get a legitimate and proven OC.

I think Crennel has done a good job as DC, but I want to see how he does in the last two games before decicing if I want him to continue as HC. I'll give him a pass this week against the best team in the NFL with only one week to prepare. If Pioli has his heart set on McDaniels, keeping Crennel as head coach might make it easier to get Josh as an OC.

I don't want McD as head coach, but if he has learned form his mistakes in Denver, it wouldn't be a terrible thing. He is familiar with both Cassel and Orton and he brought Tebow to Denver when everyone said he would never be an NFL QB. (I'm still not sold on Tebow, but his passing is getting better and he plays hard every game.)

Can you imagine if we drafted Griffin, who is a mobile QB like Tebow, but with a much better passing game, and kept Orton and Cassel? McD would be like a kid in a candy shop, and we wouldn't have to worry too much about depth at QB.

I still think McDaniel''s negatives outweigh his positives, but if we have to have him in KC, I would rather it be at OC. I don't know how many of the HC candidates, other than Crennel, would be OK with having him as OC. I think most of them would want to bring in their own guy.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Now we all have to remember that these names for possible HC job here in KC did not come out of Arrowhead. They came from people like Bill Williamson who doesn't have a clue, who makes stuff up as he goes along so he can be noticed. We have all been there done that if ya know what I mean. The only thing we know for sure is Romeo is on the list. Poili is on the Very Hot Seat right now and our hopes and dreams most likely will NOT be the same as his. So be prepared for anything at this point. We may be very happy with his choice, whom ever it might be or, we could be really pissed. Just sayin

How about Norv Turner. He will job hunting at season end! LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    How about Norv Turner. He will job hunting at season end! LMAO!!!
    I heard their GM needs a job to
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    The royals get respect, the might not be the best baseball team but they aren't the worst
    The royals set some records that are not good to set...like losing something like 23 games in a row. They are far more worse than you think. The only reason they sell tickets is cause they are cheap.\\

And mind you the Chiefs are going to be setting some bad records too if they aren't careful.
    Last edited by honda522; 12-18-2011 at 01:38 AM.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

OK I change my mind about Romeo... ;)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast