Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: supposed final straw against haley was fall out with bowe

Nick Wright isn't exactly good credibility.

All he does is sling out ideas and pray it sticks.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Nick Wright isn't exactly good credibility.

All he does is sling out ideas and pray it sticks.
    Yeah... Haley doesn't have a track record of this kind of behavior... ESPECIALLY toward receivers...

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    If true this really just shows how unready Haley is for the HC position or any position in the NFL. You don't just go and say horrific things to any player or anyone really and expect them to be just fine with it. I have to commend Bowe actually for not putting up with it and going to Pioli. Some people would have just taken it.
    I don't see how this would alter anything at all.

He spent his first season here making enemies of countless Chiefs players.

The stories died down last year, with the success. But this is not some big revelation here. We all knew Todd Haley was especially hard on players.

I think Haley got better results than I could have hoped for, last year, and this.

I think he was fired for personal reasons, and likely to make room for a planned replacement.

I think the last straw was his inability to get along with just about everybody from Pioli to every single OC to the players, and a 5-8 season record to date didn't help. As well as, his ineffectiveness to develop as a HC. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't see how this would alter anything at all.

He spent his first season here making enemies of countless Chiefs players.

The stories died down last year, with the success. But this is not some big revelation here. We all knew Todd Haley was especially hard on players.

I think Haley got better results than I could have hoped for, last year, and this.

I think he was fired for personal reasons, and likely to make room for a planned replacement.
    If there was a plan by the upper management then yeah, what he said wouldn't have mattered. With stress usually comes comments like Haley having more fights with his players his first year than when winning his second year. Now the stress comes back because he isn't winning and what happens happened.

As for changing it no, but if Pioli and Hunt were on the bubble him saying horrible things and this last game had to be the final straws. That'd be like your bosses boss coming down and saying some really nasty stuff to you that isn't needed and no matter what no matter how much you dislike the person if you really wanna chew into them you pull them inside and then rip into them but do it professionally. I don't care what business you're in any good manager knows you don't chew out an employee to bad in public. You just DON'T do it...period. Those that do it to try and motivate know when to do it and keep it to a minimal level and don't say really mean $hit it's just fire to get them going.

Again, if this is true I don't think it was to get Bowe fired up, I think it was just mean and all the players saw it and lost respect for Haley. I said something to that effect (basically that he lost the players) in another post but I played it off and others dismissed it enough but now it really makes me wonder.

one of the reasons Tony G left he didn't want any of Haley's lip
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    If there was a plan by the upper management then yeah, what he said wouldn't have mattered. With stress usually comes comments like Haley having more fights with his players his first year than when winning his second year. Now the stress comes back because he isn't winning and what happens happened.

As for changing it no, but if Pioli and Hunt were on the bubble him saying horrible things and this last game had to be the final straws. That'd be like your bosses boss coming down and saying some really nasty stuff to you that isn't needed and no matter what no matter how much you dislike the person if you really wanna chew into them you pull them inside and then rip into them but do it professionally. I don't care what business you're in any good manager knows you don't chew out an employee to bad in public. You just DON'T do it...period. Those that do it to try and motivate know when to do it and keep it to a minimal level and don't say really mean it's just fire to get them going.

Again, if this is true I don't think it was to get Bowe fired up, I think it was just mean and all the players saw it and lost respect for Haley. I said something to that effect (basically that he lost the players) in another post but I played it off and others dismissed it enough but now it really makes me wonder.
    Basically, saying that this was the last straw sounds like a cop-out.

How many of those same straws did he shatter in his first year, and seemed to have the full support of Pioli through it all?

Bernard Pollard went after Haley, and had to be restrained.

Brian Waters, NFL 2009 Man of The Year winner, was basically told that he had no business with the team's management.

And half the roster had issues with Haley that season.

I would say that Todd Haley being an a** to his players should have been expected.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Basically, saying that this was the last straw sounds like a cop-out.

How many of those same straws did he shatter in his first year, and seemed to have the full support of Pioli through it all?

Bernard Pollard went after Haley, and had to be restrained.

Brian Waters, NFL 2009 Man of The Year winner, was basically told that he had no business with the team's management.

And half the roster had issues with Haley that season.

I would say that Todd Haley being an a** to his players should have been expected.
    You said it earlier that a lot of the talk died down last year. Winning makes it easier for putting up with @**es. But I wouldn't say it's a cop out.

There are things that people just won't put up with but on most things people get in that gray area and for whatever reason at some point are done. Losing makes people less able to put up with @**es and it also makes said @**es more vocal because well....they're that way to begin with.

Was it expected yes, was it put up after he started losing, the answer to that culminated with today's answer.

Haley did not have enough experience to get this team out of the hole it was in. He tried, but just didn't have enough coaching tools in his own box to handle everything that needs done. The Chiefs will have to find a proven coach that can get above so much of the daily BS and move this team in the right direction. I think Haley will be a decent HC someday, if he continues to work on it, but just not now.

It all points toward the idea that The Chiefs were done with Todd Haley long before this week.

Just like in Miami, where the team was suddenly winning, they found an excuse to make the move that really wanted to make, and made it before things started going too well.

With Haley, I think they used little situations like this Bowe rumor, and the Palko/Stanzi issue, and used it to make their move now, instead of when they were likely planning on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast