Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: supposed final straw against haley was fall out with bowe

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It all points toward the idea that The Chiefs were done with Todd Haley long before this week.

Just like in Miami, where the team was suddenly winning, they found an excuse to make the move that really wanted to make, and made it before things started going too well.

With Haley, I think they used little situations like this Bowe rumor, and the Palko/Stanzi issue, and used it to make their move now, instead of when they were likely planning on it.
    I think the timing of this firing had more to do with the fact that the Jets knocked us out of a shot at the playoffs - in another blowout loss. There was a couple of us that predicted this firing today...
    SHUT IT

The final straw for Haley was 5 blowout losses. That will and SHOULD get any coach fired.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I think the timing of this firing had more to do with the fact that the Jets knocked us out of a shot at the playoffs - in another blowout loss. There was a couple of us that predicted this firing today...
    Yeah. I thought about that too.

But, either way, I think this move was decided upon well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yeah... Haley doesn't have a track record of this kind of behavior... ESPECIALLY toward receivers...
    That's hilarious. If I recall you are correct, he had a falling out with Bolin in AZ right before both parted ways with the Cardinals.

Haley definitely has shown signs of mental instability. Going to lil' Wayne concerts with players.......playing bean bags in the locker room......not shaving and dressing like a bum. You're the HC dude (correction.....was the HC), not an intern who's buddies with someone on the team, hangin' out and kickin' it on the sidelines. There's a lot of intelligent people that are great at their profession but it doesn't mean they're a great leader. You want a rookie coach, we had one. You have to have a great leader as a HC. Period, end of story.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

Bowe has had to be prodded to be as productive as he has been. You should not have to PROD professionals. Along the same lines as having to get onto to your kids all of the time for the same things...Eventually, the **** hits the fan.

Okay, let me see if I got this right:

A fan said that Nick Wright said that Bowe told Pioli that Haley was saying "horrific things" about him and Piloi told Haley to "stop it."

Sounds credible to me, but I have a few questions.

When did Nick say this, on his radio show? When did it supposedly happen? What were these "horrific things" that Haley said? Did he stop it after Pioli told him to?

I can just picture the conversation ...

Bowe: Hey mr. Pioli. Coach is saying horrific things about me in front of my teammates. He really hurt my feelings.

Pioli: Well, what did he say?

Bowe: He said I drop too many easy catches because I don't concentrate!

Pioli: Well ... um, er ... Why, that SOB! I'll talk to him. You just keep doing what you are doing and I'll take care of it.

And with all the play calling problems, not having his team ready, not making good halftime adjustments, insisting on keeping Palko in the game and leading the team to a 5-8 record, this was the "last straw?"
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Okay, let me see if I got this right:

A fan said that Nick Wright said that Bowe told Pioli that Haley was saying "horrific things" about him and Piloi told Haley to "stop it."

Sounds credible to me, but I have a few questions.

When did Nick say this, on his radio show? When did it supposedly happen? What were these "horrific things" that Haley said? Did he stop it after Pioli told him to?

I can just picture the conversation ...

Bowe: Hey mr. Pioli. Coach is saying horrific things about me in front of my teammates. He really hurt my feelings.

Pioli: Well, what did he say?

Bowe: He said I drop too many easy catches because I don't concentrate!

Pioli: Well ... um, er ... Why, that SOB! I'll talk to him. You just keep doing what you are doing and I'll take care of it.

And with all the play calling problems, not having his team ready, not making good halftime adjustments, insisting on keeping Palko in the game and leading the team to a 5-8 record, this was the "last straw?"

My thought was this

HALEY Palkos better then you

Bowe (AFTER 30 minuits of crying) Excuse me Mr Pioli Haley just told me Palkos better then me

Pioli: OMG That SOBS gone.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123