Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Hunt Competition

Default Coaching Hunt Competition

Dolphins fired Sparano. They will be looking for a new HC just like we will.

this is only a question, no malice, contempt or anything like that. How does Marvin Lewis keep his job?

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    this is only a question, no malice, contempt or anything like that. How does Marvin Lewis keep his job?
    I've wondered the same thing. But, to the management's credit, there IS stability in Cincy and he HAS had a few winning seasons... plus, players REALLY want to play for the guy and that's a BIG plus in a small, unattractive market like Cincy when it comes to free agents and keeping players in-house.

They'll land either Cowher or Gruden and we'll be stuck with McDaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I've wondered the same thing. But, to the management's credit, there IS stability in Cincy and he HAS had a few winning seasons... plus, players REALLY want to play for the guy and that's a BIG plus in a small, unattractive market like Cincy when it comes to free agents and keeping players in-house.
    When you are The Cincinnati "Bungles" and a HC comes in and gets you to the playoffs, you STAY loyal to that guy through a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    When you are The Cincinnati "Bungles" and a HC comes in and gets you to the playoffs, you STAY loyal to that guy through a whole lot.
    I think they could be a good team if they'd just change their uniforms...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

EXACTLY

Bring on Andy Reid.....I have a feeling he's done in Philly. Let Rome continue coaching up our Defense. Our D would be great if they weren't on the field the whole game. I don't care who you are, your D cannot be back on the field every 4 plays. Seriously.

Otherwise, Fisher or Schotty.....Brian or Marty. Cowher is waiting out the NY Giants and may still be interest in the Miami job. I say Fisher is our bet w/ Josh McD at OC because Pioli will be trying to get him.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

Here's hoping whoever comes in brings a decent DC that runs a 4-3. Its a crime to have Dorsey 2 gap his career away.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Here's hoping whoever comes in brings a decent DC that runs a 4-3. Its a crime to have Dorsey 2 gap his career away.
    I think if we ran a hybrid like the Jets, Ravens, & Cowboys it would complete our scheme. Not many run a 4-3 successfully in the NFL due to the spread and West Coast offense. I do agree that Dorsey is a DT and not a DE. We definitely must get better at stopping the run.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    I agree about Dorsey, a football caeer is only so long.

Just out of curiosity, is Xanathol the name of some kind of pill?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast