Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm really starting to not like Pioli

Default I'm really starting to not like Pioli

I think he's a control freak, he fired Haley for personal reasons not because he was a bad coach, he did not let people pick his own staff or even his own qb. I'm not sure if any HC can thrive without being able to run their own team. Theres a reason bill belichick is so good his GM lets him run his own team. Listen I never thought Haley was the best coach ever but if he was given more freedom he would have done a hell of a lot better and no matter how some of you try to discount the man we lost our star rb in which our team was built around, we our lost our qb (with Cassel alone we would be leading the division), we lost a good young safety, and our best TE. If New England lost Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Ben Jarvus Green ELis, and their safety I gurantee they would not be 10-3 more like 3-10.

The reason i dont like how pioli handled all of this is that it seems to listen to public opinion and that is not what i want from a leader a leader has to do whats unpopular sometimes and firing haley now i think was his way of placing blame. He after all hired haley. Imagine any team losing their qb, league leading rb, starting tight end and probowl safety and not having their first round draft pick for the first several games. Greenbay would not be 13 and 0 and thats a fact. Look at chicago without cutler and forte. The afc south is weak and they did have ben tate amd foster when schaub amd johnson went out.

I am not sure where you are getting your information. Haley hired and fired his coaches, that much is clear by looking at the OCs that have come and gone the last couple of seasons.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors when it comes to player moves, but the GM always has a lot to say in this area, and ultimately has the final say because he is given the mandate to keep the team out of bankruptcy.

It may sound like I am defending Pioli, and maybe I am, but one has to call into question the idiotic decisions we have seen the last couple of seasons from this coach. I am going to stand behind Pioli a little longer here because I have not seen anything much from him yet that makes me question. Him. I did see things from Haley though, the first season he was here one has to call into question his thinking when he fired Chan Gailey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I am not sure where you are getting your information. Haley hired and fired his coaches, that much is clear by looking at the OCs that have come and gone the last couple of seasons.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors when it comes to player moves, but the GM always has a lot to say in this area, and ultimately has the final say because he is given the mandate to keep the team out of bankruptcy.

It may sound like I am defending Pioli, and maybe I am, but one has to call into question the idiotic decisions we have seen the last couple of seasons from this coach. I am going to stand behind Pioli a little longer here because I have not seen anything much from him yet that makes me question. Him. I did see things from Haley though, the first season he was here one has to call into question his thinking when he fired Chan Gailey.
    I agree. Haley dug his own hole. He was an egotistic control coach. He is an oc and that is all, no way ready to be a hc. But here again we are set back! Clark get it right!

I think Pioli stepped in and did the firing now only to try and save his own job, because if he had waited till the end of the season people would have wanted him gone because he didn't try to change it. Pioli won't get but one more shot at this or he will be gone as well.

I still say Haley ran Weis off. And if Weis was still here we would have a much better record and Haley gets to stay......what comes around goes around.

If Haley had more power I'm sure he would of had every player looking like a homeless thug, and snubbing people. His additude and character is not what I want representing my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Well said!

I'm certain Haley is the reason Weis is not here.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    The reason i dont like how pioli handled all of this is that it seems to listen to public opinion and that is not what i want from a leader a leader has to do whats unpopular sometimes and firing haley now i think was his way of placing blame. He after all hired haley. Imagine any team losing their qb, league leading rb, starting tight end and probowl safety and not having their first round draft pick for the first several games. Greenbay would not be 13 and 0 and thats a fact. Look at chicago without cutler and forte. The afc south is weak and they did have ben tate amd foster when schaub amd johnson went out.
    Injuries are a part of every team's issues. You are right that Green Bay would likely not have the record they have today, but remember last season that team was decimated with injures and they won the Super Bowl. Haley needed to go, he was not getting along with management and that is a recipe for disaster.

The fact is that this might have been Pioli making Haley a scapegoat, but I do not believe that this decision was made from fan reactions.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Haley was fired for 5 blow out losses in one season. That can and SHOULD get any coach in the NFL fired.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Haley was fired for 5 blow out losses in one season. That can and SHOULD get any coach in the NFL fired.
    There are many reports that say Haley knew his job was in trouble from game one of this season. Also we won our division last year and Haley was coach of the year now he gets canned after having a bad year after losing most of our best players any other coach would get another year to prove himself considering what he has accomplished this was personal not business.

It was that filthy arsed hat that he continued to wear....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast