Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THis is a no brainer. I want fisher not mcdaniels

I'm not overly impressed with either.

If it is a no-brainer in your mind, then why post it? Tell more about your choice and WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    If it is a no-brainer in your mind, then why post it? Tell more about your choice and WHY?

This explains it all right now.

The Josh McDaniels era in Denver was a complete joke from the beginning. While he will always have the bright spot of being the guy who took a chance on Tim Tebow, assuming Tebow will continue to fare well, then McDaniels has that lone highlight. Other than that, McDaniels’ legacy in Denver was short-lived and filled with drama. He became the offensive coordinator for a St. Louis Rams team that suddenly looks like they need a new quarterback despite spending a No. 1 pick on Sam Bradford. In short, this would be a scary hire.
    Jeff Fisher, on the other hand, was 142-120 in 17 seasons as a head coach for the Titans and while he never won a Super Bowl, he was able to maintain a long-term record of success for a franchise that ultimately decided to move on. He was ultimately fired last season after a 6-10 record, but Fisher still has a solid reputation as an NFL head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'm not overly impressed with either.

What would impress you? A coach that has won a Superbowl? Say, Dick Vermeil?

Just because a caoch took one team to the promised land does not mean he can repeat. Rarely happens.

Fisher is a huge upgrade to any HC we have had since Marty. And before anyone brings up Vermeil, just remember, he sold us out of draft picks for young players to bring in the Oldes but Goodies which in turn, netted???????

What would impress you? A coach that has won a Superbowl? Say, Dick Vermeil?

Just because a caoch took one team to the promised land does not mean he can repeat. Rarely happens.

Fisher is a huge upgrade to any HC we have had since Marty. And before anyone brings up Vermeil, just remember, he sold us out of draft picks for young players to bring in the Oldes but Goodies which in turn, netted???????
    What has Fisher done lately? I ask in earnest because I really don't know. What has been his record since his SB appearance? I just like Cowher's and Gruden's personalities I guess. I think they are good at producing winning teams. Perhaps I'm wrong and Fisher is the best thing since hot cakes; I just haven't seen it, but then again I haven't really been looking.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 12-13-2011 at 01:05 PM.

I would be pleased with Fisher, but I think it would be hard to get him here. I think thats why miami fired their coach was to be there first for fisher.Sadly In this battle I see miami winning.

Gruden won with Dungy's team. He is a talker that likes a steady rotation of QB's. Fisher's defense's were very good for years and ownership pushed for Vince Young. Fisher did not want him. Now we know why.

Give him more say in the roster choices and I believe he would get the Chiefs to another SuperBowl. Soon.

Gruden won with Dungy's team. He is a talker that likes a steady rotation of QB's. Fisher's defense's were very good for years and ownership pushed for Vince Young. Fisher did not want him. Now we know why.

Give him more say in the roster choices and I believe he would get the Chiefs to another SuperBowl. Soon.
    That would definitely be fine with me; I'd get behind anyone who could get us to and through the playoffs. I think we certainly have the defensive personnel; it's the offense that concerns me - particularly the O-line.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

unless cower,gruden or fisher can get pioli to bend some it willbe hard to see them coming to kc. main problem is they want control of players and pioli wants that. all 4 of them have huge egos.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast