Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crennell wants to be head coach next year

Default Crennell wants to be head coach next year

Not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Not surprising.
    I'd rather have him then mcdaniels. Guess we will see what he is made of in the next few weeks. If he does good why not give it a shot next season.

We could do a lot worse than Romeo. Only real downside is his age at this point, he has the experience.

He fits the bill well, a Pioli guy that commands respect, I dont see him imploding the offense in the offseason and he is already part of the current system. I would really like for him to get considered, if he can make anything out of what we have now it will go a long way.

Would not mind it. Lets see what this team looks like the next 3 games.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well....

Looks like we might be in the market for a new DC this offseason.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

if romeo dosnt get the hc job, then kiss him goodbye as dc. romeo willbe mad he didnt get the job and more than likely the new hc will bring in his own man.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    if romeo dosnt get the hc job, then kiss him goodbye as dc. romeo willbe mad he didnt get the job and more than likely the new hc will bring in his own man.
    ...This.

I dont trust Romeo as HC after his stint in Cleveland. The only way I trust him would be if he got an OC that was an all-star OC that other teams were considering for HC. Someone to groom to become our HC if Crennel fails after 5 years. Also, we need to get a good DC.

Problem is it is really difficult to find someone like that. I think NicFire has mentioned Green Bay's QB coach as a good candidate for OC and HC in the future. Maybe he could fill in for OC. Also, Nicfire mentioned the Pittsburgh LB coach is a young up and comer who should be looked at for DC jobs. If we get two people with that type of grroming and background, then I would be ok with Crennel as HC.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    ...This.

I dont trust Romeo as HC after his stint in Cleveland. The only way I trust him would be if he got an OC that was an all-star OC that other teams were considering for HC. Someone to groom to become our HC if Crennel fails after 5 years. Also, we need to get a good DC.

Problem is it is really difficult to find someone like that. I think NicFire has mentioned Green Bay's QB coach as a good candidate for OC and HC in the future. Maybe he could fill in for OC. Also, Nicfire mentioned the Pittsburgh LB coach is a young up and comer who should be looked at for DC jobs. If we get two people with that type of grroming and background, then I would be ok with Crennel as HC.
    I don't feel Crennel got a fair shake the Browns were crap no pun intended and it was due to many factors. Also with we give the man the HC job let him choose his own coordinators I don't want us to pull a Haley on the guy and set him up for failure from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I don't feel Crennel got a fair shake the Browns were crap no pun intended and it was due to many factors. Also with we give the man the HC job let him choose his own coordinators I don't want us to pull a Haley on the guy and set him up for failure from day one.
    He can choose his own coordinators, I am fine with that. But they better be pretty damn good coordinators. I want coordinators that in 5 years other teams will be throwing money at to make them head coaches.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast