Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who should our 1st draft pick be?

Default Who should our 1st draft pick be?

Okay so if the season ended today we would be 10th overall. As a football coach and miserable Chiefs fan, it's my honest humble redneck opinion that we should attempt to take RGIII, EVEN if we must trade up and this is why:

- He's a run threat (9 rushing TD's in '11)
    - He doesn't throw int's or make bad decisions
    - He's used to getting sacked - LMAO (23 times in '11)
    - The most accurate deep ball I've seen in a LONG time
    - He will help us convert 3rd downs and force opposing Defenses to stack the box, which opens up the Killer B's

Imagine this:

RGIII
    Jamaal Charles
    Le'Ron McClain
    Tony Moeki
    Dwayne Bowe
    Steve Breaston
    Jon Baldwin

Dexter McCluster on 3rd downs, etc.

WOW.

As an Oklahoma Sooners fan I can say that after 3yrs of watching RGIII, he's the real deal. It's a risk I would be willing to bet on if I was Clark Hunt.

OTHERWISE: If he's not there then we take the very best available LT in the draft and draft nothing but LINEMEN to build back our O-line & maybe a DE to replace Tyson's worthless @$$

Robert Griffin III stats

Interesting Article on Recommended Draft Choices (this just confirms my thoughts)

Your Thoughts Please?
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

I share the same sentiment, qb and o-line. We should take the best available player from those two positions, so it should go something like this:
    Andrew Luck
    Matt Kalil
    Robert Griffin III
    Johnathon Martin
    Reilly Reiff
    Matt Barkely
    Landry Jones

We probably don't have a chance at the first two,

That may be a good choice, but myself, I am pulling for Matt Kalil, we need a real Offensive tackle on this team, at least one for Pete's sake.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

RGIII in KC

I think Even Griffin without an O line would struggle. Need Oline more then qb IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think Even Griffin without an O line would struggle. Need Oline more then qb IMO
    The O line is fine outside of RT. Having a franchise QB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> O-line.... I get it, you need an O-line to block, but ours isn't so bad that it is the #1 need.

Profootballfocus.com has KC ranked as the 12th best when it comes to pass protection. Sure, that site isn't the end all know all, but I think that says good things about KC when they can say they are better than 20 of the other teams in the NFL at pass pro.

Landry Jones for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The O line is fine outside of RT. Having a franchise QB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> O-line.... I get it, you need an O-line to block, but ours isn't so bad that it is the #1 need.

Profootballfocus.com has KC ranked as the 12th best when it comes to pass protection. Sure, that site isn't the end all know all, but I think that says good things about KC when they can say they are better than 20 of the other teams in the NFL at pass pro.
    What about run blocking. Our RB's never have holes to run through. The only reason JC was so good was because he could get to the line before the defense could react and close the holes. What if he isnt 100% after his ACL surgery?

Personally, and this is entirely my opinon, I think building a team that can run the ball effectively with anyone in the backfield, not just one of the best RBs ever (based on his yards per carry), is more important than a pro-bowl caliber QB. If the defense has to respect the running game, it opens up the passing game for any QB.

Look at Denver. They have a good OL. Their big threat is the running game from BOTH Tebow and all their other RBs. Not many people are afraid of Tebow throwing on them all day. Tebow would not be able to win games with his arms alone. If they were to shut down the running game, then you beat the Donkeys. It is his ability to make the defense cover so many parts of the field that allow him to win games.

Plus, I find it hard to believe we are 12th in pass protection. I tried to look at that website to see what they base that on, but I am not a member. Our OL seemed to give way to a lot of pressure on the QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

Look at Denver. They have a good OL. Their big threat is the running game from BOTH Tebow and all their other RBs. Not many people are afraid of Tebow throwing on them all day. Tebow would not be able to win games with his arms alone. If they were to shut down the running game, then you beat the Donkeys. It is his ability to make the defense cover so many parts of the field that allow him to win games.

Plus, I find it hard to believe we are 12th in pass protection. I tried to look at that website to see what they base that on, but I am not a member. Our OL seemed to give way to a lot of pressure on the QBs.
    I would agree that we definitely need work on the O-Line, no question. But a dual threat QB with an accurate deep ball would be lethal out the gate. Picture Mike Vick with a near perfect QB rating and single digit INT's and you've got a kid straight out of college (RGIII) that will make a huge difference by joining an incredibly athletic group of WR's and a couple of RB's that burn. I'd love to pick up a FB and convert Le'Ron to more of a "Tolbert" or "Jacobs" role as a punisher. Who knows, Peyton Hillis may be on the choppin' block after this season. We need a punishing running and we simply don't have that.

Back to RGIII........Strong arm, Strong will, GREAT judgement. It would be awesome to see us duke it out with the donks with our own dual threat QB.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardorGoHome View Post
    Imagine this:

RGIII
    Jamaal Charles
    Le'Ron McClain
    Tony Moeki
    Dwayne Bowe
    Steve Breaston
    Jon Baldwin

Dexter McCluster on 3rd downs, etc.

WOW.
    Looks like a crew of victims, if we don't significantly improve our blocking.

Trusting JC to make it look good was a bad idea this year, and it would be just as bad an idea any year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

The real problem is at LOT.

Despite what PFF says, We are very bad at pass protection. The interior has done well at times. But the OT positions make up for that.

The O-line makes up almost half of the starting positions on the offense.

This offense is horrible.

And it is primarily because we don't block well.

Jones has shown that he can do it, and Cassel has too. But, without JC to make the o-line look good, I think anybody else on this offense is going to underachieve.

I fully expect a fan's draft, where we get the glam at QB. That's what coaches do when they go to a new team.

And I think we could find some success that way.

But I believe that we would improve this team far more by getting a top notch OT.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast