Robert Griffin 6-2 220lbs Injury Prone/Mobile/Acurate
    3 Years 9590yards, Avg.Comp 66% 73TD 17INT 17Sacks

Andrew Luck 6-4 230lbs Protypical Frame/Durable/Acurate
    3 Years 9083 Yards Avg. Comp 66% 80TD 21INT 21Sacks

Matt Barkley 6-2 220lbs Accurate under pressure/Durable
    3 years 9054 yards Avg. Comp 64% 80TD 33INT 41Sacks

Landry Jones 6-4 230lbs Deep Threat/Durable/Pro style Off
    3 Years 12218 yards Avg. Comp 62% 92TD 40INT 39Sacks

All four of these quarterbacks will be gone by the 13th selection in the first round. In my opinion based on schools, stats, size, and ability Andrew Luck and Landry Jones are the best fit for Kansas City. However Luck will be the first off the board and since Jacksonville and Washington both like mobile quaterbacks Matt Barkley and RG3 will both be selected by our pick if Landry Jones falls to Kansas City there is no reason on GODS green Earth we should pass on him. There is now position on NFL team that is more important than a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    How about just trade the first pick for Manning?
    The serious answer to this is that we are too many positions away from being a contender to make a move like that. I would say that is our offensive line was awesome, and our defensive line could get pressure on opposing qbs, then we are there, but none of those things are true.

Manning would be knocked out half way through the season with this offensive line.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're serious. Trade away our 1st round pick for a guy that might have a year or two left? That's if he doesn't get knocked out for his career on his very first hard hit. That kind of move would be if we were Super Bowl contenders which we aren't, at least not in 2012.

Our 1st round pick needs to be the best player at our greatest area of need. Whatever Pioli and company decide that may be. I have to say if we traded our 1st for Manning I'd be pissed.

Guys, I feel like a broken record here. Why in the hell would you want a QB who went the last 3 games without throwing a TD pass? And threw a total of 40 int's in 3 years? I am a lifelong Sooners fan and have watched every game Landry has played. He's very erratic and throws pick 6's and Int's way too much. He reminds me of Rex Grossman. I have nothing against him, I've always supported him but he is NOT ready for the NFL yet. Maybe somewhat on paper but he's going to make a lot of mistakes and get sacked alot.

No shot at Luck. If not RGIII then I would take Barkley. He's great when it matters most. There's no question that RGIII is by far the best QB in this draft. He has better numbers than Luck with a university and program that's NO WHERE comparable. He's a rushing threat but lethally accurate with the deep ball. The combine will tell all. Expect Landry Jones stock to rise but mark my word, he is NOT ready and MUST have a solid line to make good decisions. I would still say that Sam Bradford is by far a better QB. I would expect Seattle to go after him or Barkley if given the opportunity to move up in the draft.

Otherwise, let's build our O-line and get a punishing runner like Trent Richardson and go with Cassel or Orton. I would rather hang with Orton than draft another QB who throws a lot of picks.

Time will tell.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardorGoHome View Post
    Guys, I feel like a broken record here. Why in the hell would you want a QB who went the last 3 games without throwing a TD pass? And threw a total of 40 int's in 3 years? I am a lifelong Sooners fan and have watched every game Landry has played. He's very erratic and throws pick 6's and Int's way too much. He reminds me of Rex Grossman. I have nothing against him, I've always supported him but he is NOT ready for the NFL yet. Maybe somewhat on paper but he's going to make a lot of mistakes and get sacked alot.

No shot at Luck. If not RGIII then I would take Barkley. He's great when it matters most. There's no question that RGIII is by far the best QB in this draft. He has better numbers than Luck with a university and program that's NO WHERE comparable. He's a rushing threat but lethally accurate with the deep ball. The combine will tell all. Expect Landry Jones stock to rise but mark my word, he is NOT ready and MUST have a solid line to make good decisions. I would still say that Sam Bradford is by far a better QB. I would expect Seattle to go after him or Barkley if given the opportunity to move up in the draft.

Otherwise, let's build our O-line and get a punishing runner like Trent Richardson and go with Cassel or Orton. I would rather hang with Orton than draft another QB who throws a lot of picks.

Time will tell.
    You forgot to mention Mr. Jones also threw 92 td's to his 40 interceptions which is 20 more td's then your boy RGIII threw in his 3 years Jones also threw for almost 3000 more yards.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    You forgot to mention Mr. Jones also threw 92 td's to his 40 interceptions which is 20 more td's then your boy RGIII threw in his 3 years Jones also threw for almost 3000 more yards.
    If you want to go that route you left out that Mr. Jones also threw 23 more INT's than RGIII did. That's twice as many and THEN some. As for the 3000 more yards that tends to happen when you have better receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    If you want to go that route you left out that Mr. Jones also threw 23 more INT's than RGIII did. That's twice as many and THEN some. As for the 3000 more yards that tends to happen when you have better receivers.
    Jones is averaging 1000 more yards and almost 8 more td's per year that is huge difference no matter how you slice it. Yes he is averaging more interceptions but he also gets rid of the ball quicker and doesn't give up the sack 71 sacks 3 years vs Jones 39 sacks in 3 years that's 14 more sacks per year thats a lot and imagine that in the NFL it's going to be ridiculous this guy will not burn lb's like he does in college they will tackle him and snap his twig body. To my knowledge Jones has never been injured.

27 TD's to 7 Int last year.
    Like a 60% completion percentage. Not great, but not terrible.
    Made the Pro Bowl.

His offensive was completely changed this year, plus he lost his two prized weapons in the first week of the season. Again, changing the entire offense.

Why are we so set on getting rid of him?

I agree, Matt Cassel probably isn't a quarterback that is going to lead us to the superbowl. But he will certainly take us into the playoffs.

I really don't want to play the game next year. Either having a rookie quarterback play or have everyone screaming for the rookie to play every time Cassel makes a mistake.

I think we have the players at the skilled positions on both sides of the ball. Lets concentrate on building the lines to let them work.

Cassel is at best an average qb, I would put him well below average. How many 4th quarter losses and how many 4th quarter wins? the man does not have it. At least not with this team. Our OL looks better with palko in there, and Palko is horrible.

O and the reason he had good numbers last year was an extremely weak scedule and a QB's dream, a hell on wheels running back.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 12-14-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    He also played almost a full year longer than Griffin because YES Griffin did get hurt and miss almost a full season, which means that Griffin would've in fact had better numbers and still much less INT's.

With the help of a new HC, RGIII rose a program from the dead that is no where comparable to the recruiting strength and stature of the Oklahoma program. It's like David vs. Goliath

Just a quick fact........Baylor had never beaten OU...........EVER.........until this year. And by the way, Jones DID NOT throw a single TD in that game. He did NOT lead his team to victory. Instead he took sacks on 3rd down, He threw an INT late in the game.

Trust. I'm a die hard Sooner fan. Even my car is SOONER RED and has a SOONERS license plates on front and the back. It's called the SOONERMOBILE.

Seriously, Landry makes major bonehead mistakes under pressure. I hope he develops but it makes me awful nervous taking him in the 1st round. In the NFL turnovers are what determines the outcome and OU lost every game where Landry had INT's. And he had a great O-line, unlike my boy RGIII.
    "If only we could take the 90's D and our '03 O......there's our Superbowl" :(

JEEEEZZZZZ, Why do people keep saying that. No more sloppy seconds! nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by turner_robert View Post
    Robert Griffin 6-2 220lbs Injury Prone/Mobile/Acurate
    3 Years 9590yards, Avg.Comp 66% 73TD 17INT 17Sacks

Andrew Luck 6-4 230lbs Protypical Frame/Durable/Acurate
    3 Years 9083 Yards Avg. Comp 66% 80TD 21INT 21Sacks

Matt Barkley 6-2 220lbs Accurate under pressure/Durable
    3 years 9054 yards Avg. Comp 64% 80TD 33INT 41Sacks

Landry Jones 6-4 230lbs Deep Threat/Durable/Pro style Off
    3 Years 12218 yards Avg. Comp 62% 92TD 40INT 39Sacks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHardorGoHome View Post
    He also played almost a full year longer than Griffin because YES Griffin did get hurt and miss almost a full season, which means that Griffin would've in fact had better numbers and still much less INT's.
    I'm asking, is the guy injury prone?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast